PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity

TuxedoPk
01-31-2005, 04:13 PM
This looks like a fun way to spend a day. Have any of you tried it yet?

https://www.nogravity.com/index.cfm

gcarter
01-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Back in the '60's I worked for LTV Aerospace @ NASA in Houston. Houston is the home base for the manned space programs so all the gravity training is done there. They use a KC-135 like the brochure says.
I had a buddy who was a "Zero G Technician". He dove in the water tank and flew in the plane. As the brochure says the plane goes through 17 parrabolas i.e. 20 seconds of 2.5 g's followed by 20 seconds of weightlessness.
Now my buddy got sick every time he went up, but then most people do. Usually not a lot of fun.
One of the more unpleasant things done was the development of a potty for women astronauts.
Think about this;
lie on the floor during the 2.5 G segment,
float off the floor during the 0 G part and scramble to the test potty while pulling your pants down and trying to pee all in 20 seconds.
There were a lot of retakes.

Rootsy
01-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Back in the '60's I worked for LTV Aerospace @ NASA in Houston. Houston is the home base for the manned space programs so all the gravity training is done there. They use a KC-135 like the brochure says.
I had a buddy who was a "Zero G Technician". He dove in the water tank and flew in the plane. As the brochure says the plane goes through 17 parrabolas i.e. 20 seconds of 2.5 g's followed by 20 seconds of weightlessness.
Now my buddy got sick every time he went up, but then most people do. Usually not a lot of fun.
One of the more unpleasant things done was the development of a potty for women astronauts.
Think about this;
lie on the floor during the 2.5 G segment,
float off the floor during the 0 G part and scramble to the test potty while pulling your pants down and trying to pee all in 20 seconds.
There were a lot of retakes.

were poncho's standard issue on those flights??? :eek:

gcarter
01-31-2005, 07:46 PM
were poncho's standard issue on those flights??? :eek:
Jamie you can assume this development work was filmed from several different directions and it wasn't a pretty sight. :puke: