PDA

View Full Version : Victory Marine

Donzigo
01-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Anybody know where Victory Marine in Texas is, or the phone number?

Cuda
01-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I always have trouble finding their number too when they don't have an ebay ad running. I've probably got it somewhere. Getting the 496's from them? Helluva deal.

victorymarine
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Anybody know where Victory Marine in Texas is, or the phone number? I would like to take a moment to reply to everyone that has posted in this forum. My name is Lane and i run the sales and marketing at victory marine my email is lane@govictorymarine.com and my ph: is (713) 910-2000 we have been in the high performance marine industry for over 20 years and our very proud of the fact that we run a honest business and take care of our customers and stand behind our product.

Mr X
01-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Yes Lane you did steal from me........ I purchased an engine, a drive and a transom from you. You have owed me a power steering pump for 1 1/2 years......you dont return my calls or emails.........so I gave up! What else would you call it?
I call it a CROOK!!!
Funny how fast you respond now when its all out in the open.
What goes around comes around!

victorymarine
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Yes Lane you did steal from me........you have owed me a raw water pump for 1 1/2 years......you dont return my calls or emails.........what else would you call it?
I call it a CROOK!!!I do everything i can to help every customer out there. I am on here trying to defend myself and saying over and over if you have been wronged in any way, please call me let me fix any issues you have, this is not the way i do bussiness and yes things do slip threw the cracks, but a year and half, Call me "help me figure out what happend, i will wait for your call. 832-563-5795

Mr X
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
I tried that route.........I did call and leave many messages for you and "Little Bill".........as I said, I gave up because
no one ever would call me back, so after several months I ordered a new power steering pump, the cooler, the bracket, the pully, the nuts and stud, and the serpentine belt from the local mercury dealer........I will be happy to send you the invoice.

It was over $700.00

victorymarine
01-31-2005, 09:38 PM
The only other scorpion sale i an can remember out of the three even sold was a scorpion 315hp,converted to Bravo and they do not come with power steering and was sold at a discounted price. I can't fix what i don't know is broke. I would tell you that out of all the sales over the years, this would be the first negative feedback out there. I could set back and act like "i didn't know what your talking about" and play the part of some many dealers out there, but, that;s not what i am doing here, if you where sold a power steering and never recieved it, the yes you are owed return on your investment. I will follow up on it. And if that means pay you out of my own pocket, that's what i will do. I gave you my cell number, Trust it was an oversite on somewhones parts, I don't set in my office rubbing my hands together saying to myself, ha i screwed that guy, I didn't get be obe of the largest parts dealers in the country but treating my customers in theat manner.

If you don't want to call me on my cell, direct and perfer email to explain in detail what the issue is and how i can help you with it, email tonight lane@govictorymarine.com

A crook would say O'well that's life, but like i said i will stand behind my product and my word and do everything i can for my custmers, even after the sale.

Mr X
01-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, sounds fine to me.....lets get it made right.
But when I did talked to you the one and only time on the phone about it......you said it was common and was one from a twin set up and thats why it did not have the power steering pump. You also said you would talk to "little Bill"
(who ever that is) and call me back.......after not hearing from you for 2 weeks....I called you back many times and left many messages. Do you remember ANY of that?
It is definatly not a 315 HP version.

harbormaster
01-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Welcome Lane,
I am Scot VanAlstine. We have spoke before. I am the one one with the Scarab Viper that used to be Bryan Bobb's.

If I can help you with the site let me know.

To All, I have known Bill of Victory Marine for a few years and he really does know his stuff.

Scot

victorymarine
01-31-2005, 10:03 PM
I am willing to fix the issue with you as stated, the personal cell was to give you direct contact with me. I intend to do what is needed change the opinion you have about me and the company i work for. But if you don't help me, then what is left for me to do. This isn't about trying to impress anyone here with my spelling or sell motors or anything else for that matter. This to me about a customer that's is unhappy with a product and service i provided, and feels cheated.

We could go back in fourth all night, but will this make it right or put money back in your pocket.

I will be honest, I was told "lil" bill had taken care of it for and shipped the power steering pump, bracket, pulley, cooler and belt out to you. Trust me do you think i want to be taking hit's from your bud's in this forum over something i would have made right a long time ago. I take a hundred call's a day, and yes my short term memory is gone. But get me the info. i will have your ticket put on my desk and i will make it right.

victorymarine
01-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Welcome Lane,
I am Scot VanAlstine. We have spoke before. I am the one one with the Scarab Viper that used to be Bryan Bobb's.

If I can help you with the site let me know.

To All, I have known Bill of Victory Marine for a few years and he really does know his stuff.

ScotThanks Scot for the help, I just the guys want that read this reply to understand we are a honest company and we do in fact go the extra mile for our customers, and this in not at all about damage controll, but about a customer that is unhappy with the way he was treated. I do take pride in the fact that my customers look to me as a freind, and know i am willing to help them anyway i can, no matter how big or small the need.

Mr X
02-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I will pull your ticket in the morning and try to contact you. I am not trying to change your opinion, only make things right.

Fair enough......Yes.......to all the above.

Cuda
02-01-2005, 09:12 AM
This is why I was asking about specifics. I would rather know exactly what problems were had with Victory, than a blanket statement that they are crooks. It looks to me like Lane is trying to step up and make things right. I myself, would let him do so.

A lot of us here run our own companies, and from time to time, things go wrong. The way I judge a company is not because something went wrong, but the way they deal with it. It looks like a couple of members here had a problem with Victory. Bringing it out in the open instead of inuendo may get something resolved. I know in my business sometimes I have passed something on to another person who works for me to take care of a problem, and after I pass it on, I assume it was taken care of, and yes, it sometimes comes back to bite me in the ass.

I'm not doubting in any way the problems some members have had, but let Lane try to work it out for you. Just slinging mud is counter productive to everyone involved.

I hope I don't get ostracized for my opinion here, it is not my purpose to piss anyone off.

harbormaster
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I see a guy here trying to make things right but it seems that no one is stopping to listen. If you had or have a problem with his company, let him try to make it right.

If you had a problem and do not want the guy to try to make it right then shut up.

As a person who runs a small business knows that sometimes you will have an unhappy customer. Anyone who is in business for themself would probably agree with me.

Does it make it a bad company to deal with? NO.

Most of the issues I have seen were due to poor communication either within the company or between the customer and the company rep.

I know alot of people on the board who have bought stuff from this ciompany and were happy with their purchase.

Forrest
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
FWIW, I would just like to go on record to tell everyone here that I purchased my Volvo-Penta DPX-A outdrives for my Mangum from Victory Marine about a year and half ago and I am pleased to say that I was very happy with the transaction. The price was very right, everything was there, they were packed well, and delivered on time.

Always pay with a credit card especially if you are not sure of the company you are dealing with.

AVickers
02-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I also bought a DuoProp from them for my Alpha swapout and, so far, am satisfied. The unit was priced right and they helped we w/ a water pump. (It's all still sitting on the porch...)

Now if I could just get someone to install it... Or take on some of the other projects I have laying about the hacienda.

BMW M6 rebuild
XKE rebuild
Norton MKIII rebuild X3
Chevy 4x4 rebuild
Chris Craft SBC rebuild X2
Paint the house
Pay for college
Straighten up and fly right
Keep on keepin' on
And on and on and on...

:us-texas:

Greg Maier
02-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I bought a set of Blackhawk Props from them and everything was OK,

But I also believe that if you live by the sword, you will die by the sword. Translation: If you make your living by the marketing power of the Internet, you can also have your business ruined by the marketing power of the Internet.

harbormaster
02-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Still listnening......no call today.

Ted,
I gave him your phone number so that he can call you today.

Mr X
02-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks Scot....

olredalert
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
--------Am finally back from deepest Arizona and see that my name has popped up in regard to Victory Marine.
--------I did buy a "Scorpion" from Victory. The delivery was on the slow side with Lane stating that the problem was with a computer upgrade that Mercury had mandated. Once recieved and installed the engine lasted three hours before expiring. Funny thing is that it ran pretty good for having two big-block roller lifters installed sideways in the block.
--------I want to state that this problem was always a Mercury problem. Victory had nothing to do with the engine build. I had full Mercury warrantee offered to me at the time of purchase at an extra $800, but chose not to spend the extra money. Lane stated that I would have Victory Marines warrantee which was virtually the same, but only for 90 days, I believe. I thought at the time,"what could go wrong?".
--------I am now in reciept of a new "Scorpion" long block. To assure myself of no further snafus Tyler Crockett has all the parts and will be doing the reassembly.
--------I will admit that there were times when I was a bit dubious as to wether I would ever recieve any help from Victory. Lane has finally done the right thing , but his phone etiquette could have been a bunch better during the middle of all this. For whatever reason, he never returned a call to me. All calls had to be initiated from me. I know they are busy down there but calling back when he said he would might have alleviated alot of worry on my part. With that said he has called several times lately to check on the status of my project but I havent been able to call him as I have been down in Scottsdale trying to make a buck or two.
--------Would I do business with Victory again? The deal was extremely good. It wasnt Victory's fault that Mercury had this problem. Victory even ran the motor to check things out and it sounded fine. It sounded fine in my boat until the two rollers started grinding the cam lobes off. I think if Lane has learned that communication is a good thing I would probably buy from them again. Probably would go with the more extensive warrantee however. Hope this helps!!!!.........Bill S

harbormaster
02-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Ted,

Can You email and tell me what the problem orginally was?

Mr X
02-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Scot,
I purchased a Mercury Scorpion engine, A Bravo One X drive and a Bravo HP gimble housing from Victory Marine.....about a year and a half ago. When I received everything...I noticed that the engine did not have a power steering pump, the cooler and all the assciated hardware.

As I stated earlier in this post, I did call them and spoke to Lane about it. They said they would take care of it.........
I did call back several times.....still nothing to this day....
I finally gave up calling and leaving messages.
I sure hope Lane makes good on his promise to make good on it ......
I am hopefull.

harbormaster
02-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Ted, did you set up the deal directly with Victory Marine or did you go through someone else?

Mr X
02-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I spoke to "Lil Bill" about everything on the phone 3-4 times before I bought it.........according to Lane "Lil Bill"
is one of the owners of the business.

victorymarine
02-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I have been looking into Ted's purchase in great detail and have talked with him serveral times over the phone. We are working together to resolve the issue at hand. I think we both understand that through breakdowns in communication, bad things can, and do, happen.

Ted seems like a great guy after talking to him and it is my hope that he will post a reply as to the positive results of our making this right by one another.

I would like to say thanks, to our loyal customers who took the time to reply to the views post here.

If you any of you are ever in the market for Mercruiser or any type of performance marine parts, call us and give us an opportunity to earn your business.

When you call let me know you heard about us on the Donzi registry to receive your Donzi Registry discount.

Lane Weir
Sales and Marketing
Victory Marine
(713) 910-2000
lane@govictorymarine.com
http://www.govcitorymarine.com

Don't be left in the wake,"when victory is just a "click" away!

gold-n-rod
02-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Lane, I hope you and Ted can turn this into a win-win, but you are celebrating before the deal is done. Any good sales guys knows the deal is not done until it is done. Good luck. Your extra effort will be rewarded, I'm sure.

Now, here's some constructive criticism. As I read through your lengthy post, I couldn't help but notice that you need to brush up on your spelling and punctuation if you really wish to polish your public image. I know, this is the Internet, it's informal, etc. However, people make judgments based on how one presents himself in person, on paper and on a screen. If you really plan to continue to express yourself in writing, good grammar will help your image. Trust me on this.

Again, you are to be commended for working to improve your image and that of your company.

Mr X
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Still not resolved :confused:

Mr X
07-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Still nothing.
Too bad as I am looking for another engine at this time.

muskadasa
11-08-2005, 08:08 AM
I am looking at an attractive price for a new Bravo XR drive offered by Sterndrive Inc. (Pearland, Texas), and I see that the contact person is Lane Weir. Is this the same operation as Victory Marine?

Mr X
11-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I am looking at an attractive price for a new Bravo XR drive offered by Sterndrive Inc. (Pearland, Texas), and I see that the contact person is Lane Weir. Is this the same operation as Victory Marine?
Yes it is definatly the same guy.........not sure if he is still connected somehow with Victory.

harbormaster
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Lane is no longer connected with Victory marine. I personally have no problems with Lane or Victory Marine and can vouch for them both.

If anyone is worried about them I can birddog your transaction.

They have a large inventory at prices that are hard to beat.

They are in my neighborhood.

harbormaster
11-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Ted,

With all due respect, Shouldn't you go on the record and state that Lane at victory Marine offered you a credit for the parts that you said that you did not recieve. All you had to do is produce proof (cancelled check) of the parts that you had to buy to replace the parts you "did not receive".

Also did buy your engine directly through victory marine or through your boss at spectre boats where you were working at the time?

smokediver
11-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I see that there are some that had good transactions and I see that one of our own did not .... All I am trying to say is that dealing with a company that is screwing one of us over is wrong .... in my book .... i truly think that victory should be boycotted by all of us and should be taken off the approved vendors list until Ted is "righted" .... It is the only brotherly thing to do .... IMHO ... And as a side note .... I was treated very right by Johnnie at Miami Motors .... He has the same stuff at better prices and is a pleasure doing business with ... I am in no way shape or form affiliated with them ... just a satisfied customer ....

Mr X
11-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Scot, please do not delete this,

With all due respect to EVERYONE, I have told my side of the story too many times to count. If anyone wants to take the initiative to do a search....or even read this thread from start to finish.......its all there.

I did fax everything I had to Lane when he was at victory marine, including
my receipt from Innovation Marine in Sarasota AND photographs showing ALL the parts I had to buy to make my engine usable.
Their "out" was the fact that 1 1/2 years after I had purchased the engine
AND given up on the whole mess......I could not "produce a cancelled check" for the parts I had to purchase to complete the engine.

They even admitted to me the engine was missing parts over the phone!

My bank does not send me my cancelled checks.....I cant even remember if I used a check to buy all the parts. I usually pay cash for everything!

I am over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire

My comment above today was not derogatory toward Lane in any way.

Hell, this deal was before Lane ever worked at Victory Marine.

He did try to help but it has never been resolved. My deal was with "Little Bill"
and "Less Ellard" neither of which have returned any of my calls for over 3 years!!!!!!!!

I will not comment on this situation any more!! I get pissed off every time it comes up!!

The so called credit was only if I bought something else form them and it was not a credit....
it was a "hollow discount"

harbormaster
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh Teddddddddd,
You have never really posted the full story. Why is that?:cistineb:

I will not think twice about deleting a thread that is being used by someone to continually.

Mr X
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Tell ya what Scot........you go ahead and post whatever you beleive to be "the whole story"

I don't understand how YOU feel you know the "entire story" since you were not involved in the transaction at all.......and did not know anything about this untill it came up on this site
over 1 1/2 years after the fact...??

Whats your side of the story??
What have you "heard"?

Do you think I am just sitting around making this stuff up so I can try to scam them out of $700.00 ???

Yea, thats how I get my money!! :bonk:

Maybe I just hate them for no reason.......

PALEEEEEZE......

Scot, we finally had the pleasure of meeting a couple weeks ago.

Who do you believe and why........???

I see Victorymarine is logged in and reading this thread as I am typing this.......maybe they want to pipe in again......

Hey, Michael Jackson, Robert Blake and "O.J." are all not guilty, that was proven in court, so it must be true!!

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire........

I have had the pleasure of meeting many members on this forum........
Some like me, some don't. I might be thought of as many things, but I don't believe "liar or scam artist" is on the list.

I have no reason to believe that Lane is not an honest and decent man. I think he truly did try to help in a situation that he had nothing to do with.......and for that I do thank him.

Here are a couple pics of some of the parts I had to buy

harbormaster
11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi Ted,
Can you post a copy of the invoice as well so Victory can see it as well.
I want this sutuation squared away ASAP.

I enjoyed meeting you in Sarasota, but you did look a little shifty....:sombrero:

Mr X
11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Scot, I will dig up everything I have and post it shortly.......

Shifty huh......that could be good........:rlol:

Any money collected or refunded to me will be donated 100% to the Donzi Registry

smokediver
11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
When someone buys a complete drop in motor ... it is supposed to come with that stuff ....Whether Ted had to go buy stuff to complete the engine , found it on the side of the road , whatever the case may be , victory owes him , at a minimum , the parts that were supposed to have come with the engine ... bottom line .... Obviously , they didn't come through with the parts for a complete engine and Ted probably wanted to get his project moving and i am sure had he waited he still would be waiting . I see victorys' ads and they say COMPLETE . I haven't seen any small print like "kinda complete" or any of that ....
I don't have a dog in this fight , but I think it is just plain wrong to ask someone for a receipt for a purchase that was made for a part that should have been delivered . It is obvious that Ted was lied to , robbed , put off by this company . If Lane wasn't involved and tried to make it right , good for him . He is probably better of not being at victory anymore . Victory needs to make it right and if they don't , they should be boycotted . Why would this site endorse a company that screwed one of our members is beyond me .

txtaz
11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I just want to make sure that everyone knows that there is a difference between the Victory Marine being discussed here www.govictorymarine.com and Victory Marine in which Brian started, engineered and owns. Brain has supported the board with donations and auction items. He is a good guy.
NOW stop bickering....ROFL
Da Taz
P.S. I have some of your tabs now....Heheheehe...Look out Don

Mr X
11-09-2005, 06:19 AM
No "credit " has ever been offered. Only a discount off of RETAIL price!