PDA

View Full Version : We have REALLY got to sell the Z-29 now

2biguns
01-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Maybe the title of this should be "keeping up with Cuda"???

Yesterday Amy and I bought a 1999 Formula 280SS from Robert Nelems at Nelems Marine in Jasper.

We are trying to sell the Z-29 for the simple fact that we need more room for Stella and were going to start looking for a boat AFTER we sold the Donzi. Stupid me wrote Robert last week and told him to be on the lookout for a mid to late 90's 280 in case we found a buyer.

Robert e-mailed me back that very day with a link to his website (nelems.com) and a note that he had the boat for us. He sold it new and it has a grand total of 79 hours. A Birmingham doctor bought it and let it sit in his yard and now wanted to get rid of it.

There is some oxidation from sitting outside but not a scratch on it. The interior is dirty, again from sitting, but is flawless and should clean up as good as new. I've carefully read everyone's oxidation posts and have a bottle of 3M Superduty in the garage and will start when the weather clears up.

Twin 5.7 EFIs with Bravo Three outdrives and enough room to conduct a joint meeting of the Cullman County Donzi and Formula Clubs for a ride (10 people).

We're thrilled to death and scared to death as well. The last thing we need is to own 2 twin engine boats :splat: :splat:

If anyone knows someone in the market for a nice Z-29, it's listed in the Donzis for Sale section and I will make a $500 donation to Scot to help run the board if I can get a buyer from here.

Now, can we still be members if Amy keeps her Donzi tag???