PDA

View Full Version : 2005 PNW Lake Chelan Gathering

EricG
01-25-2005, 10:44 AM
As I said on the other thread, I think it's time to get what will be the 4th annual Lake Chelan gathering on the books. Each year we've added a few new boats and attendees to the mix, and with all of the active NW folks on the board, I can't believe we won't beat last years total of 6 boats. Last years gathering was the absolute most fun I have ever had boating in my life. As i always say, this water is not to be missed!

I'm proposing June 10-12 this year.

In the past, we have always had a good time camping at 25 Mile Creek, but I'm wondering if we would get more or fewer attendees if we looked into actual lodging at somewhere like Darnells, Kellys, Campbells, or one of the other resort/hotels on the lake. If we do it the weekend I proposed, we would still be early enough in the season to get lower rates.

So, anyone have any thoughts?

-EG
"How am I the only person to attend every PNW Donzi gathering?" :eek: :smile:

thriller
01-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Those dates work for me. I keep a camper at lake Whatcom that I could simply drop on the truck on route to Chelan.

Count me in Eric..

Any directions or links to the proposed site?

Look forward to this happening:hyper:

Mike M

MXRoadster
01-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Great lets get this going, those dates work for me. I don’t mind if we camp or stay in a hotel, so I’ll let everyone else decide on that.

yeller
01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
That weekend works for me. Personally I like the idea of camping. It makes for better conversation :beer:

yeller
01-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Any directions or links to the proposed site?

Mike M
I don't know how to link to previous threads, but if you check out last years thread there is a link to the state park. (The thread should be on the third page of this forum)

Scubado
01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Guys,

The dates look good to me now but it's a bit to far away for me to be a lock on that weekend. The last two years have been so fun I'm sure I won't miss it! Dad should have his 18 up and running by then. He's putting a new motor in it. And my sister will have her 16 there too. Unless she gets that 26ZX she's been looking at.

I wonder how the lack of snow pack is going to affect things? I just went over the pass and there isn't any snow at elevation. Regardless it's going to be the best year yet!

I'll have open space for another couple this year if anyone would like to travel up here, let me know. I'll trade you for a weekend in Florida, Texas, Lake Powell, etc. :)

Jeff

Ron
01-29-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/yippie.gif

We are tentively in for this one. We will know for sure when we get a little closer to the date. We will probably stay at a hotel on the lake with a restaurant, lounge and moorage.

Uncle Fester
01-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Duh???? Do you think I would miss this??

We live only 30 minutes away.

Can't wait for this.
We'll definitely get more than 6 boats involved from the sounds of it.

Fester

Lenny
01-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I think I am in... :)

I would be part of the nice hotel, showers, beds and a "fridge in the room crowd" :D :beer:

I still haven't sobered up from the Puget Sound weekend where we all layed on the ground, in the dirt, till 4am and then went boating at 9am. That was three years ago. :(

:D :D :D

I'm in. If it is still running by then.

Uncle Fester
01-30-2005, 06:19 PM
This is going to be great. There is a guy that lives up there that I run into all the time with a 22ZX. I'm sure he'll be around even if he hasn't piped in yet.

Word of warning though.....if you plan to hotel it, better start working on it now.

We stay at Campbells all the time and it's about $220 a night and another $10 for morage. But their docks are a hell of a lot better than the Caravel.

If anyone wants to trailer out at the end of the day and stay cheap, I only charge beer tax on a place at my house.

OMG i wish summer would get here....watching GEOO's video and thinking about Chelan has got me in stir crazy mode.

Let's see if we can get a dozen Donzi's to pull in to Stehekin for ice cream.

Here is a pick from the poker run last July:

EricG
01-31-2005, 02:30 PM
FYI - I just checked into rooms at Campbells Resort for that weekend. the only thing they have left are the Deluxe 2 Queen rooms with a small kitchen for $252/night. That's just a bit too much for me....But...just down the lake...

I just talked to Darnell's resort. They have Deluxe Rooms (living room/separate King Bedroom w/lakeview) for $131/night. The moorage and use of all of the facilities is included in that price. And, for anyone that wanted to Camp, the city park/campground is just down the road. I just reserved a room at Darnell's for myself (A5). If folks want to do something else, I can always cancel it. I did tell them that a few more folks may be booking too...

In case you are interested, Darnell's number is (800) 967-8149 Darnells Resort (http://www.darnellsresort.com)

-EG

MXRoadster
02-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I'll be booking a room at Darrnells tomorrow.

With the weather we have been having I'm ready to go boating now. I can't wait for June to arrive.

DJ13
02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Hope the lake levels cooperate! Looking forward to it people!! It'll be good to see ya'll again.

DJ13
02-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the Darnell's number Eric, just booked my room (B1) for arrival on the 9th-departing on the 12th. Hope everyone else can make it! The person at the reservation desk told me that moorage was seasonal, depending upon the lake levels and she wasn't sure about this year, with the forecasted drought and all. Was anyone else able to secure a room?

Uncle Fester
02-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Wouldn't be concerned about lake level. PUD has to have the lake at a certain level during the summer months. Just means they won't produce as much electricity this year but the lake will fill. Only thing I hate about Chelan is the debris. Cost me a couple of weeks and a couple hundred at Seattle Prop form last years poker run.

Though since we've had a mild winter, maybe we won't have the normal crap floating down. Columbia River has been looking really clean for the last few weeks.

Thinking about de-winterizing about second week of March. I'm going through some serious withdrawals. Went to Bremerton on New Years and rode with Joe from PowerBoats NW in a 35 Formula and makes me wonder why I live in four climates?????? Especially this year when my season ski pass has not even been used???

See you all this summer......

Fester

boldts
02-16-2005, 07:12 AM
Looks good folks. I've been to Portland OR on buisness and would love to get back out West. Just sorry I can't do it this year.

Has anyone talked to Darnels about a discounted room rate if a certain number of rooms are reserved? I have that type of arrangement at the Jamestown Resort on Lake Cumberland for our annual AOTH gathering. They hold a block of rooms and cabins for us and with just 10 reservations, we get the use of their yacht club meeting room for the weekend. You need to look at it like the resort is getting added buisness that they would not normally have with gas, food and accessary sales. Not to mention the advertisement through pictures and word of mouth of the attending parties.

It looks like 10 reservations wouldn't be out of the question for this gathering. The resort should be willing to work with you.

thriller
02-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Eric

Wondering if you can look into this hotel 10 room reservation thing?
very least see if this date is still working for everyone.

I'm In for sure....Leaning towards the room/hotel accomadations rather than the camper/campground thing...
Let's keep this post alive and in everyones thoughts..

Look forward to meeting you and all the stateside Donzi lovers..

Cheers,

Mike M:cool:

yeller
02-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Is anyone planning to camp? That's still my preference because I'm such a cheap bastard, :biggrin.: but I don't want to be left in the mud alone. If everyone decides to hotel it then I'll do that. We should decide soon though before all the rooms get booked.

:beer:

thriller
02-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I would camp but just didn't want to be the only guy there:redface:
Seems like everyone is doing the hotel gig but either way works for me..
We need a contact for the campground and boat launch facilities etc..

I do kinda want to be where everyone is going to be..just makes sense..

Mike Miller

Scubado
02-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I plan on camping. I like the whole camp fire thing and cooking my own food etc. The boat launch is right there also so it's convienient.

The draw back is that the campground will be very full and noisy. The campsites are not very big. The sites next to the creek and close to the boat launch are best. Reserve early to get a good site.

yeller
02-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Scubado,

Sounds like you've been there before. Do you know the #'s of the best sites. (I'll be tenting.) Also, can the boat be left in the water overnight or do you have to pull it out.:boat:

Scubado
02-28-2005, 12:10 PM
There is a launch and mooring slips at the campground. The slips are great if the lake is up (it was fine the last two years). It costs ten dollars a night for the slips I think.

If ithe lake is low you can pull the boat out or anchor it. Sites 18,20,21,22,23&24 are the ones we used the last two years and they are the best in my opinion. Close to the water with a creek running right by. I took Eric's spot (site 23). Hope you don't mind Eric, you're in a hotel right? If not we can trade :). I'll bring firewood for the campfire!

There are also boat camping sites on the lake. Check those out if you would prefer a more quiet camping experience. It really isn't too noisy, unless you have crying tolders in the tent next to you, right Dave :).

Scubado
02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
A link to the campground map

http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?map=114#cdesc

yeller
02-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Reserved site 24. Looks like I got the last site in your suggested group. Any other Donzi people have sites?

Looks like there are still sites available, just not within 18 to 24 :bawling:. I may be mistaken though. When I first visited the site all were available. When I went back 2 minutes later, only 24 appeared to be free :confused:

Uncle Fester
03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Uh ohh......Just finished a job up here in Chelan and bumped into one of the water patrol guys. We got to talking about the lake and he informed me that they are strickly enforcing the 90db noise law this year. He said that if they hear you at all on the lake they will hunt you down and give you $150 ticket.

I told him that's a crock of ****. Asked him about silent choice and he said that even at idle if they hear you flip the switch you get a ticket. He said consider the ticket a warning and the second time they talk to you they will ban you from the lake.

Their patrol boat just got repowered and only goes 45, but they got a new batch of PWC that can hit 70.

Gonna be a fun summer...........NOT

Fester

yeller
03-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm screwed:bawling: Although, being from :canada: , I guess I could take my chances and throw the ticket out.

Formula Jr
03-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Dave, you going solo?
If so, I need a ride. Never drove a Hornet.
1/2 gas. And uhmmm, you owe me
some driving time........

The next week I'm going to New York for a week.
I can't handle "fix boat, fix car, tow 700 miles, finish house and New York."

Fester. To get to 90db, you gotta try. No one's boat is near that.

Uncle Fester
03-04-2005, 10:53 PM
He said if I want to meet up with him he will bring his meter. I may take him up on it and post the results. But if I'm higher than 90db I'm shooting myself in the foot if he were to see me on the lake. Things are getting warm over here this last week. Almost hitting 60. Itching to de-winterize and have some fun. Maybe this weekend?? Scared to even take the cover off and look inside. Worried that the two weeks of single digits did something. Oh well, I guess I could always replace the 496 with a 525 or something if it did do any damage. Should be o.k. though. I ran 50/50 antifreeze through it for almost 20 minutes on a hose last fall.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys....

And Lenny.......Kat says you have to bring your flag. Says that Crazy Horse's flag has to go back soon and she won't have the proper tan or any boat in the water for her pics with that one. (I think she wants to get a little necked:beer: )

Formula Jr
03-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Remember that the db scale is logarithmic. 90 is VERY LOUD. You would need dry pipes to get there. Very few boats ever get over 90 with the way its tested. And if the Chelan Pols want to make any sort of point, 91 or 92 or so, so can we. They have a local newspaper. And we are money to the local economy. If anyone did get nailed, that sheriff has a short professional life span. There are people here on lakes that will run 110 db dry pipe jet boats. I find them annoying also, if its constant and all day, so the law has some merit.

ChromeGorilla
03-05-2005, 05:43 AM
90 is VERY LOUD. You would need dry pipes to get there. Very few boats ever get over 90 with the way its tested.

It depends on the testing method 90

Here are some equivalents from OSHA....
Car wash @ 20' is 89 db
Lawn Mower at 20' is 96 db

3' from transom at idle? 50' pass while on plane? 100' off shore? If it's 3 feet from transom and you have tru hull with no cutouts you will fail. My 496HO would. Luckily cutouts are not specificaly banned in WA from what I could find. If your concerened, go to www.hotboat.net (http://www.hotboat.net) there are very extensive threads on this subject with lots of great info (several marine officers belong to that board and provide great input)

yeller
03-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm starting to feel a bit relieved now. I'm running logs through the transom (no cutouts), but they exit below the waterline, so 3' at idle, I'd definately pass. :biggrin:

BTW...a lawnmower at 20' is way louder than most boats. :yes:

MXRoadster
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Owen, I'm sorry to hear you won't be bringing the Formula. There will be plenty of room in the Hornet and you are more than welcome to ride/drive along with me.

95 days and counting :banghead:

Scubado
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Took the boat out of storage this weekend for a quick run down to Grand Coulee Dam and back. It's going to be a great year for boating! How many days to Chelan???

DJ13
03-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Took the boat out of storage this weekend for a quick run down to Grand Coulee Dam and back. It's going to be a great year for boating! How many days to Chelan???

Great photos Jeff! I hope you don't find a buyer anytime soon...heh heh. Thanks for the assist on the trailer and carpet photos a while back as well. I've found an east coast source for boat stands at a reasonable rate and will be able to get things going on the trailer soon. Looking forward to Chelan this year!

Dave

DJ13
03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm starting to feel a bit relieved now. I'm running logs through the transom (no cutouts), but they exit below the waterline, so 3' at idle, I'd definately pass. :biggrin:

BTW...a lawnmower at 20' is way louder than most boats. :yes:

For what it's worth, I was at Chelan city marina two years back, while they were training officers with the sound meters. Specifically on a 500+HP, 30' cat. They were literally sticking the sensors inside the exhaust tubes! I'm far from an expert but that sure seemed extreme. Again I wasn't being trained and only observed this from the dock 20' away but it sure made me nervous and I got out of there with Silent Choice engaged just to be safe. I was getting looks from the officers but just waved and kept going.

yeller
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
For what it's worth, I was at Chelan city marina two years back, while they were training officers with the sound meters. Specifically on a 500+HP, 30' cat. They were literally sticking the sensors inside the exhaust tubes! I'm far from an expert but that sure seemed extreme. Again I wasn't being trained and only observed this from the dock 20' away but it sure made me nervous and I got out of there with Silent Choice engaged just to be safe. I was getting looks from the officers but just waved and kept going.

That's why I bought a copy of the latest HotBoat mag to bring to Chelan...just in case. They did an article on noise testing and in it they let you know the legalities of how the test should be administered.

EricG
04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Let's get this thread back on the front page.....

I apologize for not checking this thread more often, I've been traveling way too much lately for work (5 of the last 7 weeks) and I just haven't been keeping up with much.

A few of you asked about getting group rates at the hotel, when I booked my room, I asked about reserving a block of rooms, but they wanted me to put the one night deposit of each room on my Card, and I just didn't want to do that and not have anyone show up. We're doing this trip around the time they start requiring a 4 night minumum stay, so I was just happy to get a reservation for 2 nights.

It sounds like several folks have opted to camp back at 25 mile creek...which will make a great kick-off place again for the annual "trek-up-the-lake".

We're only about 2 months away...I can't wait! It'll be here before we know it. Can we get a preliminary rundown of who's coming, and where they are staying?

Kath and I are bringing the 1976 18 and staying at Darnell's Resort

-EG
"I'm looking for a good deal on an exhaust system, right now I know I don't stand a chance of getting a ticket - and frankly - that dissapoints me :) "

Uncle Fester
04-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Me and Kat will just trailer up and back. If anyone is wanting to make it a cheap trip they can crash at my house. I've got tons of parking.

I'll probably hit the lake within the next month to see how things are. Hopefully since we had the mild winter their won't be so much wood in the water. Was up there the other day and lake is filling up nicely.

Going to be interesting in July up there. The poker run is scheduled for July 9. Last year we had about 35 boats. Russ said he warned the poker run last year about noise, but they failed to relay it in the driver's meeting. Said he's going to be all over it this year with zero tolerance.

yeller
04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
My wife and I will be arriving early Sat morn, leaving Monday. We'll be staying at 25 mi creek. My cousin and his wife may also be meeting me there, although he doesn't run a Donzi. Then again, neither do I. I have a 16C 'copy':smash: so hopefully you guys won't be making fun of me and make me drive at the back of the pack:smile:

Ron
04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
The wife and I are booked at Darnell's, room A18. Plan on checking in late Friday night, around 9:00/10:00 and will check out on Sunday.

Have already had the boat out on the Willamette River in downtown Portland and we are ready to go...

yeller
04-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I should have put this out there earlier but.....Lately I've been thinking that I may be crashing your Donzi gathering. I love the classic, but only own a 'copy'. I've always thought of it as a Donzi classic because the Donzi name is relatively unknown in the Canadian west coast and pretty much nobody knows the difference. In the 20yrs I've owned a boat, I've only twice seen a real Classic up here.
So question is...does anybody have any objection to me tagging along. Believe me, no offence will be taken.
:canada: :beer:

Ron
04-17-2005, 09:06 PM
As far as I am concerned, if you have a boat and have a love for Donzi's, or just want to have fun, you are more than welcome.

I should have put this out there earlier but.....Lately I've been thinking that I may be crashing your Donzi gathering. I love the classic, but only own a 'copy'. I've always thought of it as a Donzi classic because the Donzi name is relatively unknown in the Canadian west coast and pretty much nobody knows the difference. In the 20yrs I've owned a boat, I've only twice seen a real Classic up here.
So question is...does anybody have any objection to me tagging along. Believe me, no offence will be taken.
:canada: :beer:

South Island
04-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Hi, I am looking for Uncle Fester. Please Email me brad@pedenrv.com

I have talked to once before but can't find your number. I also have a 22zx and would like to come down and run one weekend, also have some questions about your boat. please email me your phone #. thanks Brad

Uncle Fester
04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey Brad, hope you can make it. You can either email me at rennerr@diebold.com or call my cell at 509-670-8197 anytime. We went out the other day for the first time this year and the boat is running awesome. We'll be on the river Saturday with my boat club parked on the sand bar.

Anyway, give me a shout.....Robin

EricG
04-19-2005, 12:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned, any boat run by a registry member that represents the "donzi spirit" is more than welcome at the PNW gatherings. In fact, one of our favorite registry members made a very good showing a few years ago in a fine Seaswirl Cuddy :)

I'm hoping we'll get a few more folks speaking up here in the next few weeks - we're only about a month and a half away.

I got the 18 out of storage this weekend, I wonder how many times I can wax it before June :biggrin:

-EG

Ron
04-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Had mine out this past weekend in the Tri-Cities. Played on the Columbia and Snake rivers. Had a great time. Planning on taking it to Bonneville this weekend on the Columbia.

As far as I'm concerned, any boat run by a registry member that represents the "donzi spirit" is more than welcome at the PNW gatherings. In fact, one of our favorite registry members made a very good showing a few years ago in a fine Seaswirl Cuddy :)

I'm hoping we'll get a few more folks speaking up here in the next few weeks - we're only about a month and a half away.

I got the 18 out of storage this weekend, I wonder how many times I can wax it before June :biggrin:

-EG

Ron
05-02-2005, 02:09 PM
We are cancelling. Blew the engine in my boat two weekends ago and don't know if I will have it back together in time for Chelan. Maybe catch everyone at a later event.

Had mine out this past weekend in the Tri-Cities. Played on the Columbia and Snake rivers. Had a great time. Planning on taking it to Bonneville this weekend on the Columbia.

Brian Main
05-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm in. I have a room at Darnell's (A17) for Friday and Saturday.

EricG
05-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Ron, sorry to hear about your engine trouble. Hopefully you can get something put together before the season ends...maybe even before Chelan. You wouldn't be the first person breaking in a motor at Chelan (Talk to MXRoadster about that one :p ).

Brian, glad to hear you are coming...I want a ride in the 22 this year!

Only about a month to go...I'm getting excited :hyper:

-EG
Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off

Zudnic
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
"I'm screwed:bawling: Although, being from :canada: , I guess I could take my chances and throw the ticket out." --Yeller

Do not give them your driver license, because they will create a Washington one tied to your Canadian number. Get pulled over or they run your license at the border, you maybe denied entry, fined for driving with a suspended. The latter to ensure you pay your fines they can impound your car and you are subject to arrest (officers has discreation). If you just get fined for suspended license you get a court date (courts decide fine and punishment) Fail to show and a bench warrent will be issued, again border will not deny entry, they will turn you over to the local authorities, pulled over you will be arrested!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Robin,

30 minutes away, you live near me in that case! I might have seen your boat. But the only Donzi I've seen that lives up here is a white with blue stripe 22 Classic. Yours?

Can you guy's hold multiple weekends at Chelan cause I'll be in LA during this one!

Ron
05-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, my boat is getting a fresh 460 as I am writing this. A few more ponies being added as they build it. It will be close if we will make Chelan or not.

"I'm screwed:bawling: Although, being from :canada: , I guess I could take my chances and throw the ticket out." --Yeller

Do not give them your driver license, because they will create a Washington one tied to your Canadian number. Get pulled over or they run your license at the border, you maybe denied entry, fined for driving with a suspended. The latter to ensure you pay your fines they can impound your car and you are subject to arrest (officers has discreation). If you just get fined for suspended license you get a court date (courts decide fine and punishment) Fail to show and a bench warrent will be issued, again border will not deny entry, they will turn you over to the local authorities, pulled over you will be arrested!

Robin,

30 minutes away, you live near me in that case! I might have seen your boat. But the only Donzi I've seen that lives up here is a white with blue stripe 22 Classic. Yours?

Can you guy's hold multiple weekends at Chelan cause I'll be in LA during this one!

Donzi Kat
05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok had to add my .02 in here lookin forward to meeting all of you.. count down is at........i believe 37 days and counting.:yes: :hyper:

yeller
05-05-2005, 12:09 AM

Do not give them your driver license, because they will create a Washington one tied to your Canadian number. Get pulled over or they run your license at the border, you maybe denied entry..............

I can't take all the happiness your sending my way :biggrin.: :wink:.

Ron...you gotta get your motor done in time. A month is plenty of time, just talk nicely to your builder (while holding a big gun):uzi: .

Where's the rest of the Canadians. I need some support. How's it going to look if the only:canada: that shows up doesn't even own a Donzi??

Zudnic
05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeller, that advice is only if you toss the ticket and want to make another trip into Washington State. Our Canadian distributor threw about two weeks one of the best corp. type parties I've ever attended. Despite the location: Lobby of the Vancouver Library, weird place for a party! Canadians know how to have a good time!

Scubado
05-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I sold the 22ZX last week. I won't be going to Chelan but my Dad will probably take his 18 and my sister may be there with her 16. Have a great time you guys!

Zudnic
05-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Donzi Kat,

Central Washington I note is your location. Are you near Chelan or even more Central?

Uncle Fester
05-05-2005, 12:19 PM

Robin,

I live in Wenatchee. Belong to the boat club above Rocky Reach. Spend most of my time on the Entiat sandbar. I've got the white with red 22ZX. Only other Donzi I've seen locally is another 22ZX up at Chelan.

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/3734DSCN0527-thumb.JPG

Donzi Kat
05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Central would be Wenatchee here too. Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of people there. This is gonna be 1 hell of a time i'm guessing.:yippie: :party: :yippie:

EricG
05-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Jeff, I'm sorry to hear that you sold the ZX, are you replacing it, or are you just going to commendere one of the other family Donzi's when you need a boating fix? Hopefuly both you and Ron will consider still coming to Chelan, I have often thought it could be more fun attending an event where you get to ride in a lot of other boats...

So here's the rundown as I figure it, hopefully we'll keep adding more as we get closer:

Darnells:
Kath and I - 18
MXRoadster - Hornet
DJ13 - 22ZX
Brian - 22 Classic

25 Mile Creek:
Yeller - 16

Commuting:
Fester and Kat - 22ZX

Unknown:
Thriller
Lenny
Darrell
Desi
Blueliner
Jr
Ron (pending engine rebuild)

Anybody else?

I think I'm going to ride over and checkout the lake in the next couple of weekends...we're getting closer!!

EG

Uncle Fester
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
If your just wanting to see the lake level, Campbell's has a webcam:

http://www.wenworld.com/webcams/single.php?AID=1&li=Local

Ohterwise I'd be happy to snap some shots for you and post. I'm in Chelan at least once a week (I'm the "bank mechanic" for all of Central WA).

They took away the dock at Lakeside I was using as a gauge to see how the lake was filling as I would roll into town, but not to worry.....it will be full by June. I believe the PUD has an obligation to maintain a full level from Memorial to Labor day.

Looking at the Stehekin River flow, we should be right on schedule:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?dd_cd=14_00060&format=img&site_no=12451000&set_logscale_y=1&begin_date=20050405

Lenny
05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Where's the rest of the Canadians. I need some support. How's it going to look if the only that shows up doesn't even own a Donzi??

Been there, done that Yeller. Many times. No biggy. This is a happy place and just as any other "addiction" there are no shortage of people that want to give you a ride so that they can "find comfort in knowing" that they have gotten someone else "Addicted" and no longer feel alone :D

You'll love it anyways, believe me.

I am trying to get there. :)

EricG
05-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I hope you can make it Lenny...I want to see your X in person.

Yeller has a "near" Donzi that he is bringing...and I'm sure it will make a very nice showing :biggrin.: :biggrin.: I may be as close as I can get to riding in a 16 in the near future...

EG

thriller
05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm Out :frown: Wife's cousins wedding in Peterborough ONT.

Leave on the Friday then back Sunday night. I'll be thinking about ya all.

I was really hoping to make this one. Damn...

Mike

yeller
05-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm Out :frown: Wife's cousins wedding in Peterborough ONT.
Leave on the Friday then back Sunday night. I'll be thinking about ya all.
I was really hoping to make this one. Damn...
Mike

Damn Mike, I was really looking forward to checking out your Blackhawk. You know it's not good to let your boat sit if it's not properly prepared. Maybe I should take it to Chelan for ya......you know.....as a favour to keep it in good running condition:rlol: .

Scubado, you were going to be my campin buddy. Just what I was afraid of, I have to sit in mud alone well everyone else is sipping champange in the hotel.:smile:

Uncle Fester, you seem to know what's going on at that lake. Do you think the noise police will be out when we're there? It's still pretty early in the season. Hopefully they don't gear up until the July long weekend.

Uncle Fester
05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Uncle Fester, you seem to know what's going on at that lake. Do you think the noise police will be out when we're there? It's still pretty early in the season. Hopefully they don't gear up until the July long weekend.

I think that as long as you don't speed near the no wake or do kilo runs back and forth in front of Lakeside they probably won't mess with you. They'll be too busy getting revenue from the lake lice in the no wake.

I know I won't be going under the bridge by Campbell's and wrapping her up real good in nuetral to hear the sweet echo of the big block. (OMG that was fun....had an audience at Campbell's and Caravel when I came out of the channel).

Uncle Fester
05-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Found another cool link.....

http://www.chelanpud.org/lc_reservoir/report4.htm

(plus just trying to keep the thread active to entice Blueliner in bringing his brand new baby over with Lenny.....Donzi caravan:wavey: )

yeller
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
(plus just trying to keep the thread active to entice Blueliner in bringing his brand new baby over with Lenny.....Donzi caravan:wavey: )
I'm with you Fester...Lenny is one of the most active members on this board so it just doesn't seem right if he doesn't make it.
I'm sure everyone wants to see Blueliners boat. Hope they both make it:beer:

thriller
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I hear ya guys:(

If I could of made it beleive me I would be there..These darn family weddings..

I will be talking to Lenny tonight and will mention your post:)

Looks like Lenny and I might be buying a little chunk of dirt in the Gulf Islands:)

I hope it pans out..Then we could have a Donzi gathering (two boats) every weekend:)

MM

Zudnic
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
They took away the dock at Lakeside I was using as a gauge to see how the lake was filling as I would roll into town, but not to worry.....it will be full by June. I believe the PUD has an obligation to maintain a full level from Memorial to Labor day.

Looking at the Stehekin River flow, we should be right on schedule:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?dd_cd=14_00060&format=img&site_no=12451000&set_logscale_y=1&begin_date=20050405

It's a good thing that we still have some orchards left! The PUD's are obligated to keep the levels up to maintain enough water for cherries than Apple and Pear growers. Watering for orchards started a little early this year and orchardists will be doing so until about labor day. Despite the nearly no snow this winter my contact at the PUD, is not worried about water levels for our area, despite the early demand. Down in the Yakima Valley they are a little more worried about the water levels and demand.

I spend enough time away that I'm barely a resident of Wenatchee.

EricG
05-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Less than a month away now!

One of the problems I have always had in years past has been arriving in the afternoon on Friday and really only having Saturday to do any serious boating. So, I just made a change to my agenda...we are now going to arrive on thursday evening, so we can have all day Friday and Saturday :biggrin:

I'm serious about wanting to ride in other boats this year! :yes:

Now, if we could just get 1 more sunny day in the next month so i can actually get my boat in the water....

-EG

DJ13
05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey Eric,

Looking forward to June. Bringing your guitar? I recently purchased the 2004 Channelmen's Club funrun DVD. You have a nice little interview that got put in. Good stuff! You should pick one up.

Dave

EricG
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I got one of the vids also...your boat looks good running out there! And with both seats too :rolleyes: :biggrin: And I noticed, they show you finishing! You'll notice that any footage of my boat was from the beginning of the run.

I had never considered bringing a guitar, but since I haven't played since the band imploded about a year ago probably not. I suppose I should try to see if I can still play....

Have you been out yet this year?

EG

DJ13
05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Have you been out yet this year?

EG

Yes, I was determined to get out on the Sound two weekends ago. Of course the day I chose was sandwiched by a Friday and Sunday of sunshine and 70+ degrees. The Saturday I went, was grey and by the afternoon, when I launched, ominous black clouds had gathered :lightning . I called my friend and told him to bring rain gear as we had about a 99% chance of getting wet. It's boating in Washington! Sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do! We got wet but had fun. We pulled up to the dock at the Boat Shed Restaurant and the rain was coming down sideways along with some nice whitecaps and stormy chop. I'll have to post a picture when I have the chance.

Dave

EricG
05-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Since there have been a few cancellations for the campers, for those of you that still my prefer camping or RVing, there is a campground right next to Darnell's resort that looks like it still has availibility for the weekend.

Chelan RV Park (http://www.chelancityparks.com/rv_park.htm)

25 mile creek is a great place to camp, but it is a LONG run from the resort...

Just an idea.

Only a few more weeks...I suppose I ought to get the boat running at some point.

-EG

yeller
05-15-2005, 02:00 PM
25 mile creek is a great place to camp, but it is a LONG run from the resort...

Just an idea.

Only a few more weeks...I suppose I ought to get the boat running at some point.

-EG
It looks like I'm the only one camping....how long of a run is it.

Only a few more weeks. My boat is running, but I still have to get my tow vehicle going. Lets see...I have to install the engine, carpet, seats, fuel tank, trailer hitch.....damn, I better get going!

EricG
05-15-2005, 02:41 PM
It looks like I'm the only one camping....how long of a run is it.

About 24 miles....

25 mile creek is just about at the end of the road on the west side of the lake, Darnells is about 1 mile up the east side of the lake from the Town of Chelan.

On another topic:
In my boat, here's how I'll have to make the run up to the end of the lake:
Darnells to Kelly's Resort for Fuel - about 20 miles
Up to the Steheiken - about 35 miles - Fuel
Back to Kellys for Fuel - 35 miles
Back to town...

Last year I ran about 10 miles on Friday afternoon with the gang, and then we all headed up to Steheiken from 25 mile on Saturday AM. I was on FUMES when we got up to the end. I think I've got about a 40 mile range. I don't know if Owen's Jr. could make it without a couple of gas cans... I took this pic with about 7 miles to go :eek!:

EG

Lenny
05-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Eric, there is SUCH a difference between a 2500-3000 cruise speed and gas consumption and 3500-4500 cruise and gas consumption. At least in mine. Yesterday I went 20 miles after filling up (overflowing the vent) at a land based gas station, then topped off after running that distance, at a marina, to be sure for the next faster fun and games and I wanted to have lots to come home on. I only squeezed in 3 1/2 gallons(IMP) of gas. That was it. That was a 2700-3000 RPM cruise. I have no idea what is required to top it up again after the run home after a ton of fast fun, and then the "cruise" home was at about 4200 for about 30 minutes.

It doesn't seem that bad to me.

Formula Jr
05-15-2005, 07:16 PM
I did notice that Daryl (18/289) and Desi (16/4.7) didn't fill up at Steheiken. I think I was the only one. The jr (17/351) has almost no range since it only has a 17 gal tank and the gas outlet is on the wrong side - front- of the tank, so I can only get 15 in.
The longest distance you can go is always at displacement speeds, then the next longest is just after planning. The most distance I have ever gone was at Lake Powell. Halls Crossing to just past Hite. About 90 miles roundtrip. That was with a full tank and one 5 gal can. I ran flat out to Hite with the secondaries open. Then cruised back with just the primaries open. And I ran out of gas at the Halls Crossing ramp, that works out to about 4.5 miles to the gal. But that doesn't sound right. Maybe its a bit further to Hite from Halls Crossing.........

EricG
05-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Eric, there is SUCH a difference between a 2500-3000 cruise speed and gas consumption and 3500-4500 cruise and gas consumption. At least in mine. Yesterday I went 20 miles after filling up (overflowing the vent) at a land based gas station, then topped off after running that distance, at a marina, to be sure for the next faster fun and games and I wanted to have lots to come home on. I only squeezed in 3 1/2 gallons(IMP) of gas. That was it. That was a 2700-3000 RPM cruise. I have no idea what is required to top it up again after the run home after a ton of fast fun, and then the "cruise" home was at about 4200 for about 30 minutes.

It doesn't seem that bad to me.

That settles it...I'm getting tabs on before Chelan. I used to cruise the Z at right around 3000 (the south sound run being the only exeption :smile: ) and it seemed to run forever on the 66 gallon tank. I think the reason my 18 drinks so much is that I have to run at over 3500 to keep from porpoising...with fuel the way it is...I can probably make up the cost of tabs in 1 season!

-EG

Uncle Fester
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Change of plans......we're not commuting

Just booked up a room at the Big D for Friday and Saturday so we can get saturated.

Eric, I got a set of hydraulic rams you can have if it will save your cost. I think they are Bennets. If your interested I can dig around and find them and post a pic with the specs

Two weeks until Memorial at Crescent Bar:beer: :party: :beer: :party:

Hope we don't find "shallow ground"

25 days until DONZI RULES THE LAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zudnic
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
I drove to Seattle today, kicked myself for filling my rig in Wenatchee ($2.79). Diesel in Cle Elum was at $2.49 per, so looks like the prices might be coming down! :yippie:

Ron
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
We are still trying to make it. Got the new long block in on Monday, sent to machine shop on Wednesday. Will probably not see the block again until mid next week. Can probably start reassembly Thurday or Friday. Will not get complete until the following Tuesday or Wednesday after the holiday weekend. Will then need to pull my motor and swap the brackets, etc and reinstall engine. Sea trials late that week and maybe I will have it back the weekend of the 4th and 5th. If all goes well then we may still make it the following weekend to Chelan.

Let's see http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif , last weekend the spring dust off with the Clover Island Yacht Club in Kennewick Washington, this weekend Portland Oregon with the grandkids, next weekend quading and camping South of Heppner Oregon, the following weekend hopefully get to play with the boat on the Willamette river and then Chelan. Whew...the wife will kill me once she see's my fuel bill.

yeller
05-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Only 2 WEEKS!!!!!:yippie: :beer:

Better hurry up Ron, you don't want ta miss the party:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Uncle Fester
05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
tick - tock - tick - tock

Ron
05-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Got the motor back from machine shop last week. They are finishing changing over brackets and installing today and tomorrow. They will sea trial it Thursday and if all goes well we will get it back when I get down there Saturday.

It all depends on how it does this week because I can't get there except on Saturday's so if it is not done this Saturday it will be the next and that's too late.

EricG
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
In an effort to get folks even more excited for this gathering...and maybe entice a couple who may be on the fence...I have posted pics from all 4 of the past PNW gatherings in the gallery.

Just scroll down to the Bottom of the galleries and you'll see us...the two Chelan gallerys include a few never-before-seen photos.

I went ahead and posted pics that I got some from other members also...the good ones were by Brian Main and MXRoadster...most of the rest were by me :biggrin:

1 more WEEK!

EG

Uncle Fester
06-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks for putting that together Eric. Those ZX's look like monsters compared to the classics.

Lake is full. They're spilling water out of the gorge. Was just up there the other day and it's looking pretty inviting. A few big boats were out last weekend (Outerlimits, Nordic, Baja....) and said they didn't get harassed by the noise cops.

When I made my reservations for Darnells I asked for moorage. They said they couldn't guarantee it because of lake level. I called them back the other day and said "o.k., lake is full.....guarantee me moorage" and they told me to call 509-682-3112 and press 0 for the operator. She said no problem. You all may want to do the same.

EricG
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Yup, those ZX's look huge in this crowd. last year Kath and I went round and round because she was convinced that Dave and Jeff's boats were 26's. I tell you the most surprising boat size wise is MX's Hornet. Until you see it next to mine, you don't realize how much bigger it is than an 18.

I just called and talked to them about moorage. She assured me that since they have 28 slips, and it doesn't sound like they will be that busy...moorage won't be a problem.

I should be rolling in about 1 week from right now...I guess I had better figure out how to get my hatch back on :biggrin.:

-EG

DJ13
06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
I should be rolling in about 1 week from right now...I guess I had better figure out how to get my hatch back on :biggrin.:

-EG

Hi Eric,

I'll be right in front of, or behind you. Leaving around noon on the 9th as check-in is 4:00pm. Looking forward to it but alas will be without my new stereo in the 26 er uh 22ZX. (I was wishing for a 26 on the day of the Fun Run last year!) I called about moorage as well and got told the same thing, "don't worry about it." See you next week!

Dave

Uncle Fester
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
but alas will be without my new stereo in the 26 er uh 22ZX. (I was wishing for a 26 on the day of the Fun Run last year!)
Dave

What do you need? If it's just a head unit I can hook you up. Just replaced the Alpine with one of those fancy MP3 reading Alpine's.

Why you want to be in a 26? Looking to get the insurance to pay it off for ya?

(Sorry, had to throw that in.....Mikey is my nephew.....sucks to loose a Donzi) I've spent many hours in that boat and I think it did better than Jimmy's 28 in just about every aspect. Stereo on that thing would make any little rice burner car turn around and go home to mommy. The Volvo DP didn't like Chelan too much when it picked up driftwood.......$$$$$ XXX 22222

EricG
06-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi Eric,

I'll be right in front of, or behind you. Leaving around noon on the 9th as check-in is 4:00pm. Looking forward to it but alas will be without my new stereo in the 26 er uh 22ZX. (I was wishing for a 26 on the day of the Fun Run last year!) I called about moorage as well and got told the same thing, "don't worry about it." See you next week!

Dave

Are you going over Snoqualmie or Stevens? We might be able to do a donzi caravan if you are interested? We are leaving here around noon and going Stevens...

When is everyone else planning on arriving?

-EG
-got the hatch back on...now off to work on the trailer.

DJ13
06-03-2005, 10:35 AM
What do you need? If it's just a head unit I can hook you up. Just replaced the Alpine with one of those fancy MP3 reading Alpine's.

Thanks Fester, I'm sending my mp3 reading MB Quart in for repair. I've got a crappy Clarion that won't read CD's that I'm popping back in just to have something going. Can play my iPod over the FM to get by I suppose.

Why you want to be in a 26? Looking to get the insurance to pay it off for ya?.

Reason I was messing around about the 26? Eric and Kathy were disagreeing on the actual size of my 22 AND the fun run was really, really rough in a boat this small! Don't think I'm running this year but will be out watching for sure.

(Sorry, had to throw that in.....Mikey is my nephew.....sucks to loose a Donzi) I've spent many hours in that boat and I think it did better than Jimmy's 28 in just about every aspect. Stereo on that thing would make any little rice burner car turn around and go home to mommy. The Volvo DP didn't like Chelan too much when it picked up driftwood.......$$$$$ XXX 22222

I know Mikey's stereo was bumping! Heard it on the docks that day and wondered if the fire might have been due to overdriven amps, wires & connectors because he said it started in the cabin...sounds electrical...and yes, there's lots of talk about the insurance thing. It was a nice boat regardless, I'm Swizerland on the issue. ;)

DJ13
06-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Are you going over Snoqualmie or Stevens? We might be able to do a donzi caravan if you are interested? We are leaving here around noon and going Stevens...

When is everyone else planning on arriving?

-EG
-got the hatch back on...now off to work on the trailer.

Going Snoqualmie (avoiding the ferry charges for rig & trailer!). I've got some rewiring to do on my trailer as well before Thursday! I guess we'll see you on the other side of the pass. Caravan sounds fun just don't think I can swing it this time.

EricG
06-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Going Snoqualmie (avoiding the ferry charges for rig & trailer!). I've got some rewiring to do on my trailer as well before Thursday! I guess we'll see you on the other side of the pass. Caravan sounds fun just don't think I can swing it this time.

That makes sense...we go Stevens because it's easier to go North than through downtown... We'll just meet you over there...I know us too, we'll be lucky to get out of here by 2:00 :D

Found where I put the vids from last year:
Brian...and then David (http://home.comcast.net/~et.gudgel/brian_david.mpg)

Passing Everyone (http://home.comcast.net/~et.gudgel/passing.mpg)

Next week can't come soon enough!

EG

yeller
06-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Eric,

How long does it take you to get to Chelan. Trying to judge my time. It takes me about 2hr to get to Seattle.:convertib

Glen

Zudnic
06-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Eric,

How long does it take you to get to Chelan. Trying to judge my time. It takes me about 2hr to get to Seattle.:convertib

Glen

At the speed limit about 3 hrs if no traffic from Seattle and about the same from Everett area. Driving up to Seattle and taking I-90 will ad to your drive if you are coming from Canada. Door to Door from Vancouver, B.C. to Wenatchee is about 4 hrs (whats the actual speed limit again?), add in another 30 to 40 mins to Chelan.

I travel this State alot and can point out some good places for food and cheap gas, if you want.

EricG
06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Eric,

Glen

For some reason...it seems like it takes FOREVER to get there. It's only about 3 hours to Wenatchee...which makes me think I'm almost there, but then it's at least another hour to 25 mile creek (your still staying there, right?). We don't stop all that much, other than running the bastard who's firewood went through my windsheild off the road (well, hopefully that won't happen again :angryfire ). But I plan on at least 4 hours...

Zudinc, I'm excatly halfway between Everett and Downtown Seattle.
I have always gone Highway 2...but I'm wondering if it's faster to head down and take 90, or at least an easier tow? Not to mention there's a place in Cle Elum that has GREAT milkshakes :rlol:

-EG

Zudnic
06-03-2005, 11:32 PM
For some reason...it seems like it takes FOREVER to get there. It's only about 3 hours to Wenatchee...which makes me think I'm almost there, but then it's at least another hour to 25 mile creek (your still staying there, right?). We don't stop all that much, other than running the bastard who's firewood went through my windsheild off the road (well, hopefully that won't happen again :angryfire ). But I plan on at least 4 hours...

Zudinc, I'm excatly halfway between Everett and Downtown Seattle.
I have always gone Highway 2...but I'm wondering if it's faster to head down and take 90, or at least an easier tow? Not to mention there's a place in Cle Elum that has GREAT milkshakes :rlol:

-EG

I forgot to factor in the towing and most people are near the actual speed limit. Going up the I-90 can add alot of time because of the construction in Bellevue and I think they are still doing work on the I-90 in Issaquah. The I-90 is nicer the traffic can make it an extra 45 minutes to an hour trip coming from Everett, Edmonds, or Shoreline area, Blewitt Pass and Stevens are about the same in that they are poorly banked.

Cle Elum: For milkshakes I'm guessing the BBQ joint, name will come to me, near the Wenatchee exit from the I-90. country western kinda wood building.

yeller
06-04-2005, 12:31 AM
My wife can't get Fridays off so we were going to leave very early Sat morning. I'm guessing it'll take us close to 6hrs which means we'd have to leave about 4am. That's not sounding to good to me so now I'm thinking we'll leave after work and catch a hotel in Wenatchee. Anybody have any names of reseaonably priced hotels I could call.

BTW: I'm hoping the main lake run is on Sat and not Fri

Zudnic
06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
My wife can't get Fridays off so we were going to leave very early Sat morning. I'm guessing it'll take us close to 6hrs which means we'd have to leave about 4am. That's not sounding to good to me so now I'm thinking we'll leave after work and catch a hotel in Wenatchee. Anybody have any names of reseaonably priced hotels I could call.

My friends just sold the Best Western Chieftain Inn so I'm not sure if I can still get good rates. Think the reg. corp. rate is $48 per night. I'm not sure if much lower exist. I'll give you a name to drop to ensure a good rate at this place, corp. or better. Assuming that the manager did not leave with the owners, I'm phoning to see.

Heres the Best Western:

http://www.pricerighthotels.com/hotelinfo/wenatchee/wa/usa/46770/;jsessionid=mpWn8fKB-ol7?trafficID=131996029&ServerID=1053&subAffiliateID=0

MXRoadster
06-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Ron, good luck in getting your boat today I hope all goes well and you make to Chelan next week.

Eric, thanks for the pics in the gallery I need to get a copy of a few of them because the gallery won’t let me copy the pics.

Dave, I am going to try to leave on Thursday so if you want to caravan e-mail me your phone number and we can try to hook up around hwy 18 or I 90.

Yeller, the main run will be on Saturday because most people won’t be there until late on Friday or early Saturday.

Zudnic
06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Manager is gone... I've only stayed at this hotel and the previous owners other property the Travel Lodge, not sure on that rate.

yeller
06-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the link Zudnic. I checked all the hotels on that link and only the Red Lion shows any vacancy. Don't really want to spend $150 just for a few hours sleep. Guess I'll look for a place when I get there.

When does everyone plan on getting into the water on Saturday? I'll have to cruise over to meet up.....I sure am beginning to regret getting a campsite :banghead:

EricG
06-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the link Zudnic. I checked all the hotels on that link and only the Red Lion shows any vacancy. Don't really want to spend $150 just for a few hours sleep. Guess I'll look for a place when I get there.

When does everyone plan on getting into the water on Saturday? I'll have to cruise over to meet up.....I sure am beginning to regret getting a campsite :banghead:

I can't remember the State Park cancellation rules, but you might be able to cancel that one for a refund and move over to City Park..if you are at 25 mile, then we will make sure we don't head up the lake without you.

I would imagine we will hit the lake around 10:00...at least that is how we have done it in the past. It's nice to get a chance to run up in the calm before the wind blows up for the return trip. The calm is nice for photo's and scenery...where as the afternoon rough is just FUN!

For those of you that are Chelan rookies...it's hard to describe how fast the lake changes...but trust me, when you see the wind blowing up the lake, take notice - it can go from dead calm to 25 MPH winds in about 10 minutes. It doesn't seem to do it as bad toward town, but once you get up past the narrows, it's really neat to watch it change (unless you are in a 13' seaswirl with a 20 johnson...don't ask me how I know :eek: ).

The weather forcast is for partly cloudy and high 70's.

EG

yeller
06-06-2005, 12:23 AM
It's too late for me to cancel, otherwise I would have moved. No big deal, I'll put in the water about 10:00 and head towards the resort. I'm sure the group won't be too hard to spot :biggrin.:

Anybody know the gas prices in that area? Wondering if I should gas the boat on the coast, or wait till Chelan.

yeller
06-06-2005, 05:15 PM
AAARRGGG!!! I can't stand it! Yesterday I decided, screw the camping. I phoned Darnells and they said their computers were down, call them later. Everytime I called, phone was busy, so I sent them an email. Got a reply this morning saying they had the loft available...GREAT! Tried a couple times in the morning but couldn't get through. Called again this afternoon, only to be told I was about 30 seconds too late. They had 2 lofts available, but had just rented both. :banghead: :mad: :cussball:

Uncle Fester
06-06-2005, 06:22 PM

Just checked into things for you Friday night.....the Travelodge here in Wenatchee always has a sign out front saying Canadian at par. I called and they have one double queen room available Friday night for $89. She said your Canadian has to be cash....no credit cards to get the "PAR" rate.

They can be reached at 509-662-8165 if your interested.

Other hotels I called (that were the "cheap rate" hotels) were all booked this weekend.

Next door to Darnells is Campbells. They are about $200 a night. Across the water is the Caravel. Don't know their availability if you decide not to camp.

Zudnic
06-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Just checked into things for you Friday night.....the Travelodge here in Wenatchee always has a sign out front saying Canadian at par. I called and they have one double queen room available Friday night for $89. She said your Canadian has to be cash....no credit cards to get the "PAR" rate.

They can be reached at 509-662-8165 if your interested.

Other hotels I called (that were the "cheap rate" hotels) were all booked this weekend.

Next door to Darnells is Campbells. They are about $200 a night. Across the water is the Caravel. Don't know their availability if you decide not to camp.

I can get the double queen for $55 if your interested and they say they have one left but thats not true (they lie to get you to book ASAP, 4 left), its the single with one left and my rate is $45. :D The same people owned the Best Western across the street. Thought they sold it along with the BW, saw this post called, they still have it. My rates same as the BW when they owned it. The same people also own the econo something motel but its booked, even I cant get in, rates are a little less.

I'll pm you for more info.

p.s.

Could you guys cancel because I'll be in L.A. or can we hold another before summer end?

yeller
06-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey Uncle Fester and Zudnic,

Thanks alot! I really appreciate you guys checking out the hotels for me. I didn't expect any more than a few names of hotels to call. For you guys to actually phone for me is a very pleasant suprise!! :wavey: :beer:

Again...thanks alot!

Lenny
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeller... this IS a good place. There is a lot of worldly fun to be had here and a common interest. EVERYONE I have ever MET has been twice as nice as anticipated. I think the border dissolves when we talk and run DONZI's.

You are in good hands. You will have a BLAST !!! :yes:

I will be there if the dstributor (A) gets here, (B) gets put in, (C) clears my "problem"

Besides, it is just down the road a bit. Have a BLAST if I miss you. :)

You will LOVE this place. :D

Zudnic
06-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeller... this IS a good place. There is a lot of worldly fun to be had here and a common interest. EVERYONE I have ever MET has been twice as nice as anticipated. I think the border dissolves when we talk and run DONZI's.

You are in good hands. You will have a BLAST !!! :yes:

I will be there if the dstributor (A) gets here, (B) gets put in, (C) clears my "problem"

Besides, it is just down the road a bit. Have a BLAST if I miss you. :)

You will LOVE this place. :D

Hope you fix your "problem". We have a border???? :biggrin.: The only time I've noticed I was in a "foreign" country crossing the border was when in Tijuana for 20 minutes last month. Crossing into Canada feels like going through a toll booth. The metric system does mess me up a little, you guys do however have nicer police! They seem to understand that you see 100 on the sign, you want to match that on your speedo. :wink:

EricG
06-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Lenny, I hope you get to electrical gremlins fixed...I'd really like to see you over there this weekend...

Yeller, I hope you get your lodging woes figured out, I look forward to meeting you...

Zudnic, the subject of another gathering this year may be a topic of conversation I bring up :rolleyes: ... everyone be thinking of a late summer place and time for the scramarama to be revived.

Here's the latest forcast:
Thursday, Jun 9
Partial sunshine; comfortable in the afternoon. Winds from the WNW at 6 mph. High: 76° F RealFeel: 78° F
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. Winds from the NW at 11 mph. Low: 54° F RealFeel: 49° F

Friday, Jun 10
Periods of clouds and sunshine; breezy in the afternoon :biggrin.: . Winds from the WNW at 16 mph. High: 76° F RealFeel: 73° F
Friday Night: Rather cloudy. Winds from the WNW at 16 mph. Low: 51° F RealFeel: 45° F
Saturday, Jun 11
Times of sun and clouds. Winds from the WNW at 17 mph. High: 76° F RealFeel: 70° F
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the WNW at 15 mph. Low: 50° F RealFeel: 43° F

Bring your jackets, ponchos, swimsuits, parkas.... I love boating in the NW :rlol:

EG

yeller
06-07-2005, 02:34 PM
As long as the rain holds out...who cares!...If you can't handle boating in cold, better move south :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Lenny, get that boat running...steal a distributer from the parking lot if you have to.:fire:

I WILL see you there!

Ok...I better get back to work...this addiction is going to get me fired :hyper:

Zudnic
06-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Left this morning at 9:37 a.m. exactly and arrived in Kent at 12:27, spent 5 to 6 minutes getting tools. Headed over to Bellevue spent 8 minutes getting parts left 2:37 p.m. Arrive back in Wenatchee at 5:15pm. Drove speed limit with cruise control to simulate towing.

Zudnic
06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeller,

The manager is off today, she will give me a better rate I hope latter. The person on only had the power to give you 10% off what you booked at. Anyone else wants this let me know!

blueliner
06-08-2005, 08:45 PM
unfortunately, i won't be able to head south for this years poker run. i start work on monday (new film) and my wife has 2 leave town to go 4 her interview to get her US papers on tuesday. just not enough time in the week. it would have been great 2 see lenny again and meet the rest of you. maybe you guys will make the trek north for the vancouver poker run in august. beers at my house afterwards for sure. have fun...

yeller
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Appreciate the effort your putting in Zudnic. Especially nice considering your not even attending. Hopefully we can meet up another time.

Anybody know if Ron got his boat running?

Zudnic
06-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Appreciate the effort your putting in Zudnic. Especially nice considering your not even attending. Hopefully we can meet up another time.

Anybody know if Ron got his boat running?

I like to be nice when I'm able with people, you usually get back what you put out. Bumped into the owner while coming out of a restraunt. So you will be getting a better rate.

I like club type functions. if I'm not in L.A., I go to Seattle at least twice per week. Working on getting a Canadian client, so that will ad Vancouver at least once a month. The biggest reason for an 18 is its easier for towing and finding parking when staying at Hotels! Since I do not know many people in the areas I travel, thinking this might be away that I'm not boating alone, dragging boat with me. The Canadian client is a little store chain called Save On Foods, ever hear of them? :biggrin.:

Ron
06-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Well, we are not going to make it. After the engine was done found a leaker exhaust manifold. Replaced both manifolds. Found a cracked riser. Replaced both risers. Went to set timing and had problems and found the lower end of distributor shot. Replaced with HEI. This engine was replaced before I bought the boat and it sounds like all they did was throw an engine in it to make it run. Well, buyer beware.

Was supposed to be trialed yesterday afternoon and hope I can pick it up Saturday morning which is the soonest I can get into Portland. Thats a little late to take off across the state so will probably throw it in the water and enjoy the last day or two at the Rose Festival in Portland on the Willamette.

Y'all have fun and hope to catch everyone at a later event.

yeller
06-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks again Zudnic. I'll be heading out tomorrow around 4pm. I'll give the hotel another call just to make sure they hold the room as I may not get there till close to midnight.

Hmmm....Save-On-Foods....yeh I think that's a little ma and pa grocery chain :biggrin.: . My daughter actually works at one of them. Anytime you're going to cross the border, get hold of me...sent ya pm. There is some beautiful boating around here.

Sorry to here about your extra problems, Ron. Hope we can meet up another time.

Zudnic
06-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Planned on heading out for L.A. in the a.m., make the Sunset Strip by Sat. night. When under load SUV makes a weird metal sound, second time this week. Replaced torque converter under recall last month. Think that might be the problem. Dealer is going to look at it. Might have to head out in the afternoon, maybe even Mon., dealer closes on Sats. If latter I'll head up to Chelan for a bit.

If, Yeller does'nt mind I'll send up a present for everyone. I'll leave it at the hotel for you to take up. This o.k.? Assume you have a cooler, needs to be kept cold/chilled.

yeller
06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
If, Yeller does'nt mind I'll send up a present for everyone. I'll leave it at the hotel for you to take up. This o.k.? Assume you have a cooler, needs to be kept cold/chilled.

MIND!....keep in cooler...cold...chilled:yippie: It may not make it there:biggrin: :biggrin: .
Might see ya Chelan after all :boat:

EricG
06-10-2005, 01:38 AM
A couple of early pics...

We rolled in around 6:00, David was already in the water with the Hornet, and Dave was launching the ZX. So far the resort is pretty dead, except for the North Idaho Christian School that is here too...I guess we don't have to worry about them stealing our beer.

Here's a couple of early pics that Kath took from our deck while we were all trying to figure out how to tie up with the winds starting to kick up.

The Grounds (http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2623)

Mooring (http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2622)

More tomorrow...

EG

Formula Jr
06-10-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not going to make it this year again.
Have fun Guys.
Owen

EricG
06-11-2005, 10:21 AM
I've added A couple of Friday Pics to the gallery...

It was a pretty calm day. David is having some strange electrical gremlins, so we spent a lot of the day working on that. I'm glad that Brian and Brian were here...those guys have probably forgotten more about this kind of troubleshooting than I will ever know. Most of us went out and floated for awhile at various times...but we could never seem to find each other.

Uncle Fester and Kat showed up around dinner time, so as soon as we find Yeller...looks like the gang is all here. 6 boats...

Today is the big run up to Steheiken...and the wind is already blowing :)

-EG

Uncle Fester
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Got some pics posted. Server kept timing out and such so there are multiples of some, but I think I got them all uploaded. Find them in the gallery.

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=572&password=

New four letter word not spoken in my presence.....WIND

All and all it was a great weekend (even with the 4 letter POS). Made it home with the prop in tact and no stress fractures on the hull, so we must of had fun.

If any of you want big files of a pic, send me an email and I'll send you the 650k or whatever.

Zudnic, thanks for the cider. Now I know where your at.....or at least work.

Anyway....eyes are tired, skin is burned, boat sodas are kicking in....:wavey:

EricG
06-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Yup..the wind was horrible...but we still managed to have a great weekend. It was nice meeting new folks, and seeing old friends again. I wish I could have visited with Glenn and Bobby a bit more, but there is always the next run.

I got out this AM and ran for a bit in some pretty nasty stuff and remembered again why I love my boat :biggrin.:.

Maybe next year we'll have to plan Chelan a little later in the season to let the crap in the lake clear out a little more.

We rolled back into town about 2:30, it was nice to get the boat all cleaned up and put away...hopefully we can all do it again soon.

I hope everyone has a safe trip back.

EG

Zudnic
06-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Zudnic, thanks for the cider. Now I know where your at.....or at least work.
:wavey:

I took off Friday night decided to fly. Was that you at around 9pm Fri. filling at the Shell near the Big Y? Cider feedback is encouraged. I think its good, at least it better be! Two directions I'm taking my sales in depend on it!!!!

My house is near work....Chelan does get some good "W", thought about buying w-surfer, get into that again. :biggrin:

Zudnic
06-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeller, thanks for taking up the case. What was your rate? When dropped off the case Fri. morning girl was being a pain about it. Missed the manager again, and told her both sets of her bosses quoted me lower. She said something about what I was telling her was the off season "good" customer rate, and she could only do forget the figure. Told her to call them but they would'nt. Some people tick me off, she left a note for the manager to change it (like I believe that!). :boat: :biggrin:

Formula Jr
06-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Tell us more! Tell us more!
Did going to a motel make it seem like more of an official event?
Did Eric Play his Axe? How did the Hornet handle the waves at Chelan?
Was it cold, you guys all looked bundled up. Except for Kathy reading a magazine. Does this location have a nice ramp? Did Kathy complain about the restrooms? I was going to head up Thursday, and fortunately my van decided to breakdown before I headed out. I need a new truck. Then I thought I could ride up on the bike, but the local weather looked bad for that. Eric is your boat Maroon? How Cool!
Dave M. What was wrong with your electrics?
Sounds like the lake wasn't being too cooperative that weekend. I can't imagine running against the waves up to Steheiken. That must have been a pounding. And not seeing stuff in the water a pain. Who brought the skiboat with the open pipes? That poor boat must have been spine breaking to run in that water.

EricG
06-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Tell us more! Tell us more!
Did going to a motel make it seem like more of an official event?
Did Eric Play his Axe? How did the Hornet handle the waves at Chelan?
Was it cold, you guys all looked bundled up. Except for Kathy reading a magazine. Does this location have a nice ramp? Did Kathy complain about the restrooms? I was going to head up Thursday, and fortunately my van decided to breakdown before I headed out. I need a new truck. Then I thought I could ride up on the bike, but the local weather looked bad for that. Eric is your boat Maroon? How Cool!
Dave M. What was wrong with your electrics?
Sounds like the lake wasn't being too cooperative that weekend. I can't imagine running against the waves up to Steheiken. That must have been a pounding. And not seeing stuff in the water a pain. Who brought the skiboat with the open pipes? That poor boat must have been spine breaking to run in that water.

Nope...no Axe for me - but Dave had his there. We didn't get to hear him play though.

As long as you were in the sun, the temp was very comfortable...but the wind kept it a little chilly when running. Kath's magazine reading was while I was helping David try to figure out his electrical demons, I'll let him expand on that, I could tell he was very frustrated, but he did manage to keep a smile on his face all weekend.

These toilets flushed...so no complaints this time :biggrin: The drag boat was another guest at the hotel. With those open pipes, he was running interference for us with the noise police :eek!:

I actually did feel that being in the hotel made it a little different, it didn't seem like we found a central meeting point until the last evening by the pool. But overall, it was nice to be able to have civilization availible, and the conversation over dinner at the restaurants was a lot of fun. The ramp was pretty good, all of the boats were able to launch there, but the wind made the tight quarters a little tighter.

I thought it was another great gathering...although the boat count was a little dissapointing. This is the first time we have ever gone backwards. With only 1 gathering within 2500 miles, we got 6 boats. But I suppose it's more about quality than quantity, and we definitely had quality people and boats this year. We did miss the the rest of the Canadian's though...although Yeller in the screamin' 16 did a good job representing the maple leaf crowd this time (and he must have been having fun watching all of us avoid hitting logs with our props while he just sailed through :tongue:).

We missed you there Owen...hopefully you can make it up to the next one.

-EG
yup, I considered naming my boat "Marooned" at one point.

Donzi Kat
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Get it right Eric, the "drag boat" was the unofficial REDNECK boat..note the plywood seats below....But I most definatly had a blast. I loved getting to meet you all. Nice to have a face to go with the name. Now if only the darn sunburn... AGAIN would go away I would be even better. :wavey: :wavey: Oh yeah I almost forgot, Sunday we went out for another run to 25 mile creek and ran into I think a 16 classic from Edmonds. We told him all about this site and he said he was gonna check it out. Got some good pics of him to.:beer: :beer: Thanks again for the good time. http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/572/3734DSCN0926-thumb.jpg (http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2716&password=&sort=1&cat=572&page=1)

Formula Jr
06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
yup, I considered naming my boat "Marooned" at one point.

Was that before, or after you got married? :biggrin.:

Ducking and runnng...........
Sorry Kathy, it was just too easy.........:beer:

EricG
06-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Was that before, or after you got married? :biggrin.:

Ducking and runnng...........
Sorry Kathy, it was just too easy.........:beer:

Still not married (november), but then again, the boat hasn't been named yet either :redface:

I saw the pics of the classic, he's from Edmonds too? I hope he shows up, we need more members from around here! Wait, I seem to remember running into a red/white classic in Kingston a couple of years ago...I wonder if it's the same boat...

-EG

Brian Main
06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I saw the pics of the classic (18?), he's from Edmonds too? I hope he shows up, we need more members from around here! Wait, I seem to remember running into a pretty hot red/white classic in Kingston a couple of years ago...I wonder if it's the same boat.

-EG

Eric,

I was driving so I didn't get to snap a picture. But it is a 1992 18 with a 5.7 and a King Cobra drive. He was scooting right along with Fester, so it was no slouch. The finish on it was immaculate. It looked brand new.

Brian.

Brian Main
06-13-2005, 11:25 PM
The ramp was pretty good, all of the boats were able to launch there, but the wind made the tight quarters a little tighter.

-EG

I found the ramp quite interesting, expecially after the desk clerk warned us not to back down too far or your trailer would fall of the ledge into 20 feet of water. It really wasn't that bad. It did test your backing skills.

Brian G., MXRoadster, Fester & Kat went looking for Yeller (Glenn and Bobbie) on Sunday. Ran down to 25 mile creek and back, but couldn't find them. David even ran up to their camp site, the tent was there, the trailer and boat were there, but the Jeep was gone. (it also gave David a chance to dry off, sorry about that) Since Eric missed out on his ride, I though at least Glenn would have gotten one. And I wanted a ride in that 16 jet of his.

Brian.

yeller
06-14-2005, 12:07 AM
We just got home a couple hours ago. It was great to finally put some faces to the names. I agree with Fester, this weekend WIND is a bad word. I have to say the event was kind of a bust for me. All year I've been waiting to run the length of Chelan with a group of Donzis and after 30min we had to head back. I could of handled the waves, it was the looks of the rain I didn't like. At least I held up the :canada: honour and wasn't the first to turn back:outtahere . Thanks to...(name shall be withheld)...for letting me off the hook on that one :D . I was hoping to get in the water on Sunday and go to the hotel in the morning, but it was rough enough (at 25Mile) to deem it uncomfortable...for my tiny 16. We went to Chelan for breakfast and then to the hotel but couldn't find anyone. Probably at the same time you guys were at my campsite :rolleyes: . We didn't bother sticking around that night. We drove back to Bellingham because I was hoping to boat Lake Whatcom on Monday, but the weather sucked so I had to spend the day shopping. Talk about adding insult to injury.

It was big mistake not staying at the hotel with the rest of you. I'm disappointed I didn't get to know anyone better. Next year will be different!! I was soooo looking forward to getting a ride in an 18, 22 and ZX...(that's Zed X Fester, not Zee X):tongue: .

Anyway, if there's another event this year I'm definately in if I'm in town. Earlier there was some talk of doing the islands...I'd love to do that, but I'll leave to a more senior member to decide.

Only a little over 360 days till next year!! :beer:

thriller
06-14-2005, 12:09 AM
WIND? I like wind...AAAhhh , I was thinking about you all while I sat through the most boring wedding I had ever been too.:(

Next Year ,,,,,,,,make it in Ausust? Looks/Sounds like a good time was had by all:biggrin:

MM

yeller
06-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeller, thanks for taking up the case. What was your rate? When dropped off the case Fri. morning girl was being a pain about it. Missed the manager again, and told her both sets of her bosses quoted me lower. She said something about what I was telling her was the off season "good" customer rate, and she could only do forget the figure. Told her to call them but they would'nt. Some people tick me off, she left a note for the manager to change it (like I believe that!). :boat: :biggrin:
They gave it to me for $65 + tax. If the reg rate is $89, but would have taken $89Cdn (like Fester said), they really only dropped their rate a few dollars. Doesn't matter...I appreciate all the effort you put in.

BTW...I was hoping the cidar was of the alcoholic variety :rlol: . Tasty non the less :D

yeller
06-14-2005, 12:31 AM
WIND? I like wind...AAAhhh , I was thinking about you all while I sat through the most boring wedding I had ever been too.:(
MM

The wind got sooo bad that when I left the hotel to go back to 25 Mile Creek, I couldn't make it. Bobi and I were solo, and the waves were breaking over the bow....EXTREMLY tense situation. Had to head back to the hotel. MXroadster was nice enough to drive me back to camp to get my rig. Had to trailer it back to camp:frown: . I'm pretty stupid and will motor through alot of stuff I shouldn't, but that was too much for a 16, 18 and very possibly a 22C.

Anyway Mike, you have your priorities wrong...spent time with the family instead or going boating :D :D .

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 08:27 AM
They gave it to me for $65 + tax. If the reg rate is $89, but would have taken $89Cdn (like Fester said), they really only dropped their rate a few dollars. Doesn't matter...I appreciate all the effort you put in.

BTW...I was hoping the cidar was of the alcoholic variety :rlol: . Tasty non the less :D

The girl did'nt believe me that both owner and her manager said $55. Guess she thought she would lose her job if she changed it. Don't see why she did not ask if she could...Ticks me off when people don't do what they say they will!!!!

Thanks for dragging the cider up. We are working on alcoholic version. Some government hassle, but not that bad. We are having fun waiting for our english/french label so we can start shipping to Save On Foods.

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Just thought I would add.

Priceline I'm getting better deals on far nicer Hotels than what this town charges at times. It was grad weekend so lots of "tourists" to over charge. Last month I got the Hyatt in Newport Beech for $42 per night, Best Western Beverly Hills $65 full suite including kitchen, this weekend I splurged Beverly Hilton for $89 and finally I often get the Hilton at LAX for $44. All these are 4 stars hotels and slightly better than what we have in this town! I highly recommend using this service it has never failed to get me really good deals.

example: http://www.hyattnewportbeach.com/?cid=ovr (http://www.hyattnewportbeach.com/?cid=ovr)

DJ13
06-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Hate to say it but Sunday afternoon and evening were WIND FREE for some reason, unlike all the other days we had. Fun time nonetheless. We stayed an extra night and left Monday morning. Nice to see everyone and hope we can do it again next year along with a gathering this side of the mountains this summer if possible. I will try to get some photos posted when I'm at home!

Donzi Kat
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah go figure, we all leave but DJ13 and the nasty 4 letter word goes bye-bye.:rolleyes: :wavey: :rolleyes:

DJ13
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah go figure, we all leave but DJ13 and the nasty 4 letter word goes bye-bye.:rolleyes: :wavey: :rolleyes:

It didn't matter anyway, I had my 22ZX pulled out early in anticipation of the 2:30 daily hurricane. We were at the pool and about 5:30pm noticed it hadn't been windy since the early part of the day (your trip to 25 mile creek to visit Yeller). That does figure!

Donzi Kat
06-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm still recovering from the bumps and bruises that I was so happy to get on that trip to 25 mile creek. Was hopin to see you guys but I guess cooking breakfast was more important than boating huh????? Tell Michelle I said HI:yippie:

DJ13
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm still recovering from the bumps and bruises that I was so happy to get on that trip to 25 mile creek. Was hopin to see you guys but I guess cooking breakfast was more important than boating huh????? Tell Michelle I said HI:yippie:

Rough ride to 25 mile creek? Try the day before! 110 miles to Steheiken and back! We're still sore!! That was a ROUGH run! Fun though!! :bonk: Oh yeah, about breakfast, it was already cooking when we found out you all were going to 25 mile creek, otherwise we would have joined ya.

b.guggenmos
06-14-2005, 09:36 PM
The wind was so strong that after DJ113 left Stehikin in his ZX and we put $113.00 of fuel in Brian's boat that we watched a float plane drop off a package, float with the wind a bit, turn around and take off in about 10'. Then we took off after Dave. The wind was blowing hard enough that at approx. 40 mph "the GPS speedo quit while bouncing" you could feel no wind. Really strange sensation when going the same speed as the wind and it is directly at your back. You felt nothing and the engine is really LOUD. The rain felt pretty great to. Kind of like needles bouncing off of your face. But it was great and I would do it again in a second. In a way, it was the best part of the weekend. We braved the elements and survived. Hope to see everyone again this summer. Brian G.

JPR
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Adventure is discomfort recalled in tranquility.

The best memories have some element of challenge in them.

Uncle Fester
06-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Were we the only ones with a camera? I'm going insane waiting to see what everyone else was taking pictures of (in other words - my boat).:banghead:

Brian Main
06-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Were we the only ones with a camera? I'm going insane waiting to see what everyone else was taking pictures of (in other words - my boat).:banghead:

I have a few, but it's a pain to upload pictures to this site with a dial up. All I get are a time out messages. I guess I could try from work. After hours of course :lookaroun

Brian.

Brian Main
06-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I am posting this here to help jump start Glen's thread.

1st annual "PNW after Chelan" gathering? (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40549)

Anyone else interested? :yes:

Brian.

Lenny
06-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Brian, email them to me. I will load them for you.

highlnd@telus.net

:D

I would be intersted in an Island Run. It could easily be done. Let me "think" a bit. :D