PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk / Bravo Conversion

DonCig
01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I just bought a 1996 Cigatette 20' that has a Blackhawk drive. How big of an issue is it to bolt on a Bravo 1 outdrive when the Blackhawk fails?

Mr X
01-24-2005, 07:41 PM
It is a direct bolt on swap, they use the same gimble housing.

DAULEY
01-24-2005, 07:42 PM
very easy i did it
made boat more user friendly dont wait till it fails put the blackhawk on the shelf and install the bravo
use the blackhawk when you want to go fast only takes about 15 min to change
Bob

gold-n-rod
01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I just bought a 1996 Cigatette 20' that has a Blackhawk drive.

Is that the boat that just sold on eBay? Nice ride, if so!

:rlol:

thriller
01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
If your interested in parting with the BH drive simply PM me with a reasonable price ;)

Mike Miller (West Coast)

Woodsy
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
DonCig...

The drives are direct swaps for each other. Simple easy swap. Double check your gimble alignment when you do the swap as the BH's can be a little hard on gimble bearings. Do yourself a favor, take off the BlackHawk and its props, wrap them up nicely and put them away. They are getting scarce and expensive. If you decide to keep the BH on the boat, start looking now for a spare...

Woodsy Von Outboard

DonCig
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Mike, we willl run the boat for a few months with the Blackhawk drive to see how it performs. If we decide to sell the drive I will drop you an email. Yes, this is the boat that was on ebay last week. I flew to St. Louis, MO last week to look at the boat and it is in very good shape. Registry members, do not fret, I will bring my Classic 18' to the AOTH. I like the Cig. 20', but the Donzi 18' is a classier looking boat and a lot more fun to drive.

Don

DAULEY
01-25-2005, 08:01 AM
TED
are they school drives or not whats the price?

DAULEY
01-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Ted
pm me your #

RedDog
01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Ted
pm me your #

just curious - I don't understand but see it done frequently...

Why do folks ask on the open forums for someone to PM them rather just directly PMing them ? For example, it I wanted someone to PM me, I would PM them first.

If I wanted someone to e-mail me, I would e-mail them first. If I wanted to e-mail someone, I would just do it but why would I announce it on the forums? I mean what is the point of messages like "Hey JoeBlow, look for my e-mail." If they are on line shouldn't they have seen it?

Curious minds are just curious?