PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate DONZI collectable

DUCATIF1
01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Haven't posted in here in a long time although I still dream about owning boat some day. Anyway was looking for ride and came across The Donzi family Turbo R Bentley for sale on EBay. The ultimate Donzi tow vehicle. I have no idea how to post link so go to Ebay and type Turbo R into your search. It is bright red and in FL. Good luck!!

harbormaster
01-23-2005, 07:50 PM
The Donzi Family????

Mr X
01-23-2005, 07:58 PM
OMG!
Was it owned by Mr. Donzi himself??

I am going to bid right now! :jestera:

Fish boy
01-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I emailed him too. should be intereting to read who the seller considers "donzi family." Seems to be located over here on the left coast of fla too...

Maybe the owner's name is Don Zifamily ;)

Lenny
01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I can't think of anyone better, especially in FLA, to "ask a question" of this DONZI owned vehicle. OMC comes to mind. :D

Good luck Poodle. ;)

TuxedoPk
01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Is that being sold by one of Al Eagle's dealerships? ;)

Ed Donnelly
01-23-2005, 08:39 PM
The car is in Naples Florida. Maybe someone can go over and look at it. With any luck, Mr. or Mrs. Donzi will be near enough by, that maybe they could come over and chat about their famous boats.......Ed

DUCATIF1
01-23-2005, 08:52 PM
ok obviously after reading your replies and thinking about it, There is no Mr Donzi. Oh well interesting reading anyway. I will also let you gus know when the Cigarette family sells their Ferrari.

Fish boy
01-23-2005, 09:22 PM
I can't think of anyone better, especially in FLA, to "ask a question" of this DONZI owned vehicle. OMC comes to mind. :D

Good luck Poodle. ;)

yea, me either...

Fish boy
01-23-2005, 09:25 PM
ok obviously after reading your replies and thinking about it, There is no Mr Donzi. Oh well interesting reading anyway. I will also let you gus know when the Cigarette family sells their Ferrari.

Great post anyway, and to tell you the truth, very few people actually know the history of Donzi. Probably what the seller is counting on by making the claim. Glad to see ya back on the boards,

fish

BUIZILLA
01-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Don't be surprised if the answer is the Roscioli family...

Fish boy
01-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Don't be surprised if the answer is the Roscioli family...

That is what I initially thought too and probably is the answer, but if that is the case, why would the ad say:

owned by the DONZI family. Donzi is one of the leaders in sport boat manufacturing

sportboat?? if it is Bob and the seller is name dropping Donzi, then why not something about "multi-million dollar yachts" instead of "sportboats"?

I still have not heard back from the seller regarding my email so who knows. Anyway, it would not be the first time someone claimed to own donzi when he really did not, and probably will not be the last.

Fish boy
01-24-2005, 10:52 AM
... I am somewhat familiar with the name Donzi...
yeeeeup, and Bill Gates is "somewhat familiar" with PC's LOL Popcorn is ready, looking forward to the rest.

fish

McGary911
01-24-2005, 11:07 AM
This is pretty good. Notice that at a couple of places in the ad, he refers to the car as an Azure (different model), and as a convertible at the bottom of the page.....

Turbo R is one bad mo fo tho.....I believe that car is from the days when Bently didn't publish hp or torque #'s, merely stating they were "adequate".....

mattyboy
01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
any of the Chisholms still around??? and I think a white stripe down the middle would add a lil spice to that car ;)

Matty
the inventor of

post it's
white out
the pet rock
optigrab
klick klacks
and the
bassomatic ;)

Scott Pearson
01-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Here is what he told me. Do go to hard on him guys.....it sounds like a honest mistake.

This is just what I was told and perhaps I should have looked into this better.
Thanks

Nick Garulay
President
Ambassador Auto Sales Inc.
1150 Power St Bay 12
Naples, FL 34104
http://www.ambassadorautosales.com/

Scott
LGDCC

pmreed
01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Ya want a '96 or later Turbo R. Big difference. ;)

Phil

senna
01-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Great location for a high end show room, right in the middle of an industrial park in the exclusive Naples Wharehouse District

Senna

:rolleyes: