Donziflyer
01-23-2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.onestopmotors.com/view-detail.asp?AdID=4691

Air 22
01-30-2005, 12:18 PM
OMG...it Teal DOC.... :rolleyes: :biggrin.: :eek: :banghead: :spongebob :beer:

MOP
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
The boat is a beauty but it has an early King Cobra drive(notice no hump on top and the narrow transom shield at teh top), which is nothing more than a standard Cobra with a heavier gear set. They did not fair well behind the big Ford blocks.

Phil

Donziflyer
01-30-2005, 07:43 PM
The upper and lower gear sets in this "Cobra" outdrive are Perfect! Just inspected. If you do your research the reason for the "Cobra" failures was due to a bad transom cable that caused the gear sets to grind and thus trashing them. This boat only has 216 hours on it and the transom cable was replaced under recall when very new. Keep in mind that the Ford 460 has only 330hp and the "Cobra" can handle much more then that. The bogus bad rap that "Cobra" outdrives got from the cable deal is just that, a bogus bad rap. I see NOTHING that indicates a "Cobra" to be week behind the 460. Some may think my asking price to be high but remember that I live in So Cal and the value of Donzi's on the West Coast is running about $2k - $3K higher then the East Coast due to availability and cost of shipping Donzi's from a more saturated market where the prices are lower. Yes I agree there are better powerplant options but I challenge anyone to find a nicer 22' Classic for less money on the West Coast or on the East Coast plus shipping to the West Coast. This "89" is as nice or nicer then any 2 yr. old Donzi or other boat that I have seen since I have owned it (4 Years). Yes you could pay far less for less of a boat so if that is what someone wants (less of a boat) then my Donzi is not for them. Also keep in mind that ALL accessories in the engine bay are fresh including the exhaust (new risers, rotted manafolds, tubes and flappers) controller and stearing cables, trim tab hydrolic pump and lines, rebuilt stock carb, all new ignition, filters,fluids, belts, rebuilt stock starter, new alt., new blower, new starter and deep cycle batteries and cables and probably other stuff I can't think of right now. The interior is awsome with new OEM carpet with embriodered DONZI in center back and a new 4 (water resistant) speaker - AM/FM CD player sound system. There is also a halon system and a vapor detector (the ship-to-shore radio is not working). Aluminum windsheild frame and there are only 3 or 4 very small blemishes on the entire hull. The trailer is butt ugly. The boat was in dry storage with no trailer when I bought it and I got the trailer for free, it tows nice but that is all it's got going for it. I have only been advertising now for just over a week and have had many inquiries and 1 visitor to my house yesterday to view. I'm VERY confident if someone looking to buy a 22' Classic sees mine and only want's to spend around $17,500 they will buy. It's VERY nice!

Donziflyer
03-24-2005, 03:03 PM
2nd guy who looked at it bought it for $16,850. If you want to get top dollar for a nice DONZI Classic bring it to So Cal! This Donzi was as clean as they come but not the most desirable powerplant and a trashed trailer.