PDA

View Full Version : is the world spinng of it axis???

mattyboy
01-22-2005, 08:15 AM
did I miss something, what is going on tell me it's just the winter please. things are going crazy here!!
we have members taking a cruiser and trying to make it a classic and other members trying to make a crusier out of a classic
expirements, upgrades, lunacy if you ask me!!! ;) :p :)
stop the insanity!!! :) ;)
Phil, Onesub, this might sound crazy but you guys should have just traded boats before you started your projects ;) ;)

only kidding guys good luck on your projects :)

I think I might start one on my 16 adding wheels and a tranny thus eliminating the need for a tow vehicle :eek:

MOP
01-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Hee Hee different strokes for different folks, why are some treating this like New News! I set my plan in place a long time ago. I got the boat in October 03, I bought the Arneson that November. Chis (CDMA) and Geo were sure I would not have enough weight aft to run it plus to get it to run got super involved. I got the BH from Chris shortly there after, having done a lot of homework I knew the boat would not run top as high a top end as a like setup with an SS Alpha or a Bravo which I was perfectly happy with. Even so I have a hunch it will be reasonably fast, the 383 will be developing over 400lbs of torque a few pounds more than Dave's 330 454. This is the drive that Dave ran for a short while his 22 ran pretty darn good. Yup a 95% cruiser but still should be up in numbers may even surprise me, will it run at its peak hell no but it should do just fine!

Check Dave's post below.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33824

mattyboy
01-22-2005, 12:05 PM
oh so it must just be winter eh????? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

MOP
01-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Actually about 9 months of asking every knowledgable guy I could find and using their input got me to this point. I got 28" B3 wheels the rational behind that was Dave got 70-71mph @ if I remember correctly 4,300RPM with 27" BH wheels, I will be making more power and should be able to spin the smaller B3 wheels at 46-4,800 RPM which is a very good range due to where my torque peak is. I think the mouse motor/BH may just surprise a few and a plus the SB will not beat the BH up as bad as a BB.

Phil

Fish boy
01-22-2005, 04:13 PM
definitely off its axis... Budmann will be able to come to an event, and not have to worry about towing me back to the ramp :)

TuxedoPk
01-22-2005, 07:13 PM
I think I might start one on my 16 adding wheels and a tranny thus eliminating the need for a tow vehicle :eek:

Sounds like a solution to my Palisades problem :)

onesubdrvr
01-23-2005, 06:38 AM
Well,

Perhaps so, I figured it was a trade off, either make the cruiser as close to a classic as I can, or get rid of the family, just couldn't bring my self into selling them to the Swiss mafia for house servents (lol). Anyway, I'm not going THAT crazy ;) , The real fun starts next week or so,...... hee hee hee, when engine reassembly starts!

Wayne

mattyboy
01-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I think it's leaning further to one side due to the excess Budweiser in NYC these days..

from what I'm seeing a few members have started to take up the slack :eek: :rolleyes: :spit:

Onesub, my family fits fine in the 16 and they're to busy holding on to complain ;) :)

onesubdrvr
01-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Onesub, my family fits fine in the 16 and they're to busy holding on to complain ;) :)
I'm not sure about the size of yours, but we are 6,..... and with the little one (1 year old), I like the higher freeboard - but who knows, I saw a hell of a deal on a surface drive the other day (LOL)

Wayne

Cuda
01-23-2005, 03:05 PM
definitely off its axis... Budmann will be able to come to an event, and not have to worry about towing me back to the ramp :)

As Ned Pepper said in True Grit, "That's bold talk for a one eyed fatman". :biggrin.: