PDA

View Full Version : Donzi apparel...

Andy McCarty
01-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey guys and gals hope everyone is well. I am looking into having some towels and maybe a couple of tee shirts made with Donzi on them. I am sure i can get a discount rate with multiple items and quantaties. I am just wondering though can i have these made and sell them or does Donzi have a trademark on their name. I have noticed looking around that you can hardly find anything with Donzi on it in the towel or shirt line. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to have some made but dont want to get sued or anything for selling them. Not neccesairly selling, getting my money back out of them... Thanks in advance for any information........:cool!:

boldts
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Andy,

Most of the organized Donzi clubs put together some type of gathering tee to sell to help with the costs of putting a Donzi gathering together and in some cases, be able to offer a part like a dinner at the gathering for free to the attendees. As President of the Midwest Donzi Club, I've done this for the last 4 years and our gathering called the Awakening of the Horses or AOTH for short.

I never really asked for permission to use the Donzi boat pictures I've used on our shirts since many have come from collected catalogs I have. I'm also not using 2005 pictures though. I was told to not use the Donzi ZR on shirts for example from members here.

I guess if someone wanted to, they could sue me for using the pictures, but I figure I'm doing Donzi a favor by first getting their name out where other boaters can see it. Second, it's not costing Donzi any advertising fees if the shirts are worn. It's like that car dealer who has to always muck up your new vehicle with their name on the back of your car. It's free for them!

This year, I may have to look at it differently since Donzi now has a company producing Donzi ware for them. The name I believe is on the Donzi website.

Rumors are that this company will be attending our gathering in May at Lake Cumberland, bringing clothing to sell and I for one would welcome that. I've not had the opportunity to talk to anyone about it though, so I can't say yes or no.

Josh Stickles is the person who I have spoken to in the past at Donzi. He has helped in getting the word out about our gathering with the media. I also need to get in gear and contact him about this year. May will be here before you know it.

Guess I didn't help you much here, but this has been my experience with putting the Donzi name on t-shirts.

Andy McCarty
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Scott thanks for teh info given. Since you mentioned doing shirts do you have any towels or would you be interested in a towle or two. I am gonna get some made this year. I will see what kind of feed back i get and figure out if anyone else would like any. Thanks Alot and I WILL see you this year @ AOTH last year my Z was in the shop with a shot lower. :outtahere

boldts
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Andy,

There is a company called "Fat Towels" that were doing the Donzi logo on them. I've seen an example of one brought to be auctioned off at the auction we hold to help both the Registry here and our club. I'm sure again, they probably have some kind of release to use the Donzi name. You might try calling Donzi or even Fat Towels to get an answer as to legal rights. Of course if your doing the embroidary yourself and making a custom logo not exactly like the Donzi logo, I guess it could be done. I'm not a lawyer though and the law may have more to say about it. I'm sure everything being sold on E-Bay is not authorized.

Dr. Dan
01-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Here ya go guys....the site is self explanitory....the Fat Light Towels are a good value too...

www.fattowels.com
There is a link to it on Donzi Marine site also....

We had some made for our ACDC Club.... soon to be offered on our web site with our logo.... www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

When they are available, please remember that proceeds from our sales contribute back to Scott here at the Donzi Registry...and also some Events that we choose to sponser.

Doc :smash:

half shell
01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
China does it all the time with everything !

Regards Bob

harbormaster
01-22-2005, 09:26 AM
The guy at fat towels pays Donzi a hefty licensing fee.
They are really nice towels

Donzi has cracked down on individuals producing items with the Donzi name/logos.

They seem to overlook the regional clubs producing limited items.

I have a letter from Donzi Marine giving permission to produce/sell any item with the Donzi name/logos as log as It is used to support the registry.

marbra
12-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi Scot
Do you still have the tee shirts with the engineered drawings of the classic 18. I bought 3 from you long ago and need to replace them. Best donzi shirt I've ever seen.
Regards, Mark

Jerry Eisele
12-07-2005, 06:12 AM
I agree. The engineering T of the 18' was the best!! I still have mine and the 22'. Scott, if you reproduce[the T], let me know.

txtaz
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Matty and Boldts are not people you should make judgements about. Actually you shouldn't make judgements period. It's not your place, or mine or anyone's. Hang back and watch the board to learn.
Da Taz<<<--- Yeah I said Merry Christmas, sue me....

Schnook
12-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Matty and Boldts are not people you should make judgements about. Actually you shouldn't make judgements period. It's not your place, or mine or anyone's. Hang back and watch the board to learn.
Da Taz<<<--- Yeah I said Merry Christmas, sue me....

See, you take a fine upstanding event like the winter holiday, or whatever they call it, and say Merry Christmas...what's this country coming to?

p.s. and a Happy New Year!

mrfixxall
12-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Merry christmas yall and happy new year now who;s got the beer:beer: lol

txtaz
12-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Part of this thread got lost somewhere....
Da Taz

Team Jefe
12-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I think Scot has it pegged. Josh and Donzi seem to leave the Region clubs alone due to their overwhelming support of all that is good, wholsome and great about Donzi. And Scot for sure has permssion to use the logos.

But I did talk to Josh about this in 'Sota and Donzi is cracking down on individuals using the logo.

Best bet, do what I do. Tell Scot what you want and he can get it made...even if you provide the material...I then give the registry a gratuity say, for the assistance. I get what I need and Scot get support for the website and Donzi gets free advertisement....win, win win :beer:

lildogcustoms
09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have any current information on where to buy Donzi apparel... Looking for pull over jacket, license plate and ladies long pants....Store on Donzi's website has said coming soon for as long as I can remember....WHAT'S THE DEAL???