PDA

View Full Version : Freezing browser idea

MOP
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I like most have intermittent browser freezes, I used to get POed and shut it down, reopen or resort to a reboot. I tried something new today that worked quick and easy, I ran scan disc with the browser still open and it un froze.

Phil

txtaz
01-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Phil, Your browser should not freeze up on you. When applications freeze it is usually due to graphics problems such as bad screen savers, bad video cards or virus scanners running in the background. McCaffe was famous for this one.
You might also have marketware/spyware running. I have changed the way I do my virus scanning since I have not had a virus in over a year. I use trendmicro housecall, works great and it's free. It looks like the marketware/spyware is the current trend to mess up a puter.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Hope this helps.
Wes

MOP
01-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Wes I get the problem very intermitantly only in IE6, FoxFire works fine never freezes. IE I think is so over blotted with crap it trips over its self!

Phil

txtaz
01-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Yup sounds like M$ to me. I have IE6 on 4 machines and haven't had any problems. Maybe a fresh install to clear out pluggins you might have.
Wes