PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a GREAT, HEAVY, FULL,... boat cover ?

Lenny
01-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I am looking for a PERFECT fit, white, with fuzzy stuff on the inside, trailering cover for the X-18. Full length, and over the rub rail and a draw string in nylon. TOP quality only, not close, but PERFECT.

Where do I go hunting for one?

A few years back I bought a new Chapparel and they "threw" in the cover that the Tractor Trailer shipped it in from Georgia for free. Those days are gone but the cover was superb. I want another one to fit this boat. White.

This is to keep the rocks and weather off of and to protect the cockpit cover from the weather while towing. Cumberland is a long way away :D

mphatc
01-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Lenny,

I am about to have the same made for the Corsican . . but with a somewhat different approach. As I need a mooring, dockside cover and a trailering bra . .I'll have a bra made that will acheive this. This should also fit your boat as it is the same hull.

FWIW, mudflaps that go real low and wide towards the inside on the back of your tow rig and closed in trailer fenders with flaps as well helps alot.

Mario

Speed-Racer
01-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Lenny I know what u mean...where I work at the SEA-RAY dealer we trash those covers away all the time...take a look at my post under "Whatever Section" titled "SEA-RAY DONZI"

They should just shrink rap all boats with cheap plastic, becuase those covers are to good to throw away with the cloth undeneath,breathable vents ,towable, and waterproof!!

BUIZILLA
01-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Lenny, I have towed thousands of miles with my 18 cover so far. You have an X boat so the cover is gonna be different... or you could just have my guy match mine exactly. It's snug as a bug.
JH

Hotspare
01-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Lenny: These guy's do great custom work, but they would need your boat or one similar to work off of ...... www.beckyscustomcanvas.com I'll send you pic's of my most recent full custom sunbrella cover, done by these guy's if you like ........

Lenny
01-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Bruce, I don't think I can make that trip again, trailering a boat, in this lifetime. And I don't know of any X's in Texas despite the song :D I was hoping someone had one already to pattern or a Company would have a pattern already. I also want the little support rod (telescoping) and re-inforcement pad in the cockpit center to keep rain falling away.

Thanx tho. ;)

Taking the 22 to Kentucky this year. ?

Hotspare
01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Yea, we're on the same page here ..... If someone could offer up an X as a pattern in the area ,,, I know you'd get what you wanted from these guys ......... "YES AOTH" :banghead: Seems easy enough to do !!!!!!!!!!!!! The only unfortunate thing about (my other true love) Heavy Jet's ...... Is that the Airlines secure weekends off for the highest seniorty folk's only ...... I only get four weekends off a year through vacation bids, and they are bid in november prior to the next year ....... It's been hard to secure dates that far in advance for these events ..... So I'll probably just do my own mini AOTH (awakening of the hellraisers ) ..........LOL.. :boggled: Right here in the heart of Texas on a (tues, wed, thurs,) like I've done for the past 20 yrs with my Donzi's that nobody knew what the hell they were .............. LOL... That's ok ..... I'm used to it ........... Later on !!!!!!!!!!!!

hottub
01-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Lenny-

When I ordered my Classic 2 years ago, it was transported from Sarasota to the west coast with that exact cover that you are looking for. Plastic on the outside, cloth-like material underneath, 2 vents, multiple tie downs and DONZI stenciled on both sides. I still use mine when it is in the wharehouse and use the "real" cover when on a bouy or outside. You may try customer service at Donzi.

Keep me posted on your success as I would be interested in another one as well.

hottub

Lenny
01-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks, I will contact them.