PDA

View Full Version : Adios Amigo.

harbormaster
01-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Welll,
Dad passed on Tuesday evening at 10:30.
I was fortunate to spend the night with him Monday night.
Yesterday was spent making the final arrangements.
He will be buried with no service Friday morning.
Saturday is a different matter. He did not want a funeral.
Instead he wanted everyone to have a party. So starting at 1pm on Saturday his buddies at the San Leon VFW post are doing just that. It will start with a short memorial service and then the party begins.

A lot of men live their lives in the shadow of their father.
I have always lived my life in the light provided by my dad. It was a light fueled by a man full of life, smiles, and humor. This light continues to illuminate my way through life allowing me to be a better man and also to have one heck of a good time.

nuff said.

TuxedoPk
01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Dr. Dan
01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
:frown: You're in our Prayers and Thoughts Scott...

Doc & Liz

krakmeup
01-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Scot, so sorry to hear this - your dad left us quite a legacy and I'm proud to know of him if only through you. Take care - I'll call you soon, Keith & Ruth Ann

BUIZILLA
01-20-2005, 06:59 AM
May God bless his soul.. the light shines on.

JH

gcarter
01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm sorry for your loss Scot.

mattyboy
01-20-2005, 07:42 AM
our deepest sympathy

Matty, Marie, Joe, and Jamie

boxy
01-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Scot, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
God bless you and your Dad.
Steve, and Lou.

JimG
01-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Janet and I are so sorry for your loss. If there is anything we can do for you or your family, please don't hesitate to call us.

Jim & Janet

Fish boy
01-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Scot,
I am so very sorry to read about your fathers passing. I will keep you and yours in my prayers, and may you always walk in your fathers light.

Best regards,

Jody

Last Tango
01-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Only the skin and bones part of him is gone. His strong spirit, his voice, your memories, will keep him with you forever.
Mark

Greg
01-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Scot, Sorry for your loss. Greg

ToonaFish
01-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Scot, you and your family are in my thoughts and in my prayers...

We seem to give them back to thee, O God, who gavest them first to us.

Yet a thou didst not lose them in giving, so do we not lose them by their return.

Not as the world giveth, givest thou, O Lover of souls.

What thou givest, thou takest not away, for what is thine is ours also if we are thine.

And life is eternal and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing, save the limit of our sight.

Lift us up, strong Son of God, that we may see further; cleanse our eyes that we may see more clearly; draw us closer to thyself that we may know ourselves to be nearer to our loved ones who are with thee.

And while thou dost prepare a place for us, prepare us also for that happy place, that where thou are we may be also for evermore.

Attributed to Fr. Bede Jarrett

Jraysray
01-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Scot,

After losing my farther and several close family members to cancer, I have come to realize that a quick exit after diagnosis is a blessing. The disease ravages the body and the ensuing suffering is unbearable to witness. The man was obviously full of vigor and spirit and that will live on in the hearts of all that he has touched. You will always miss your father and time does dull the ache. Be joyful in the fact that he will continue to be a part of all that you do, it is hard to explain, but you will see. A farther never truly leaves his son.

Jeannette and I are available to you and your family when needed. If you need help to set up at the VFW I can do it. There did not seem to be much room in that BMW between you and “Rowdy” the dog. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Crazy Horse
01-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Scot,
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds like one hell of a guy. I bet that the VFW party will be a fun time and what a way to celebrate someone's life! Having gotten to know you I have no doubt that your Dad was very proud of you.
Trish & I will be thinking of you...and may your Dad rest in peace.

Crazy Horse

Ps: I read the following somewhere and it stayed with me. Wish I knew who penned it but I do not:

Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes
For a farewell is necessary before meeting again
And meeting again after moments or lifetimes
Is certain for those who are friends.

RedDog
01-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Sorry HM - sounds like you had a great Dad

txtaz
01-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Scot, Jennifer and I are so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I know it's a hard time and if you need anything, just let us know.
Wes and Jennifer

Marlin275
01-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Wish you and your family all the best, Scot!

DOND
01-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Scot,sorry for your loss.I am sure he is in a better place now.
Don

MOP
01-20-2005, 12:11 PM
As all I too am sorry and a bit damp eyed, I am sort of at a lose for saying much. God Bless!

Phil

onesubdrvr
01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Scott,

My family and I extend our deepest condolences for your loss. Enjoy celebrating your fathers life as it is what he would have wanted.

Salute!
:beer:

Your will be in our prayers
Wayne, Cari, Heather, Rebecca, Sydney and Riley

Walt. H.
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Scot,

I to am so very sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you and your family at this time.
May the healing phases for you and your family be swift and the good memories continue forever.

God Bless His soul and Keep him close.

Heres to you and your Dads memory, :beer: :beer:

Walt

smokediver
01-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Scot , I am very sorry for your loss . God Bless ..

McGary911
01-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Scott,
I am very sorry for your loss. I have lost some close to me to cancer, and it is tough to see. From your previous post and this one, it sounds like your dad had the right idea about life, and more recently, death.
I've heard a bunch of people say they dont want a funeral, they want a party when they pass. Your dad is the first time I've heard of anyone go through with it! Keep your spirits up. VFW sounds like it'll be a blast. You'll probably hear a tale or 2 about your old man that are new to you, which will make you laugh and miss him at the same time. I wish the best for you and your family at a tough time.

John McGary

Richard Rees
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Scot, Sorry for the lost of your dad. Richard

mphatc
01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Scott,

My sincerest condolences to you at this time, may the light always be there for you.

Know that you are lucky to have had a close relationship with your Dad. You were blessed.

Mario

Rootsy
01-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Scot,

Our condolences on the loss of your father. May the good Lord comfort you and your family through this difficult time.

If your father wanted a party then make sure it's one heckuva party! That wish speaks volumes of the man. You are one fortunate son.

Jamie & Patti

goatee
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
sorry to hear that scott. my deepest sympathy

lee
01-20-2005, 10:37 PM
god bless his sole and yours.

i would like to let you know that this site brings me a lot closer to the father i had (CAPTAIN BLY) i've been on a boat from 2 weeks old, and working on this crazy project really brings us close again at least in the conversations in my head he calls me stupid, and you guys help me out , so thank you .to you your father and all
v238

farmer tx
01-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Scot, So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Polly & Mark

Lenny
01-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Scot, our condolences and best wishes abound for you and Kimmy.
I am happy to have had the opportunity to meet him while in Texas and that day will always be with me. That one was fun for me. Seeing the place on the Gulf Coast. That was...great :yes:

I drove 2400 miles to see your place, meet you and Kimmy, and the hospitality was second to NONE. Then I met your Dad, no surprises there.

I have never been welcomed by so many "strangers" with such hospitality, EVER. I won't ever forget that week. I thank you, Kimmy and your Dad for that. It is obvious where you got your manners from.

Take care. Be well. Lenny

AquaV
01-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Scot, I am sooo sorry about your loss. And though I never got to meet your father, it sounds like you and I both feel kinda the same as he about events and situations like this! Grieving is expected, but much more do-able in the company of friends and family. And I definitely vote two thumbs up for celebration! Not only to celebrate his life, but celebrate the life and love he passed onto you and other people close to him and the life and love each of you has in turn spread to your friends and family!!

So, I am not going to write you a sad and mushy poem, instead I am going to say this:

From AquaV to the Harbormaster!! *clears throat*

"Celebrate the good times,
Have a round of Coke & Crown,
Because right now he's flying high
And will never again feel down.

He's laughing his white ass off
In his new high lookout point,
Meeting up with good old friends
And possibly rolling a joint.

Party like he'd want you to,
Take a spin on the dancefloor.
Enjoy life and live it up,
Then raise your glass once more!"

Love you Scoty!!! Always thinking good thoughts for ya!!

Talk to you soon,
AJ

Dax McDavid
01-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorrry for your loss your family is in my prayers.

Forrest
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Our deepest condolences.

Forrest & Ginny

Footloose
01-21-2005, 11:15 AM
I am new to this board but can't help but offer my condolences and tell you he seemed like a classy guy from your posts...I just pray I have the stones to go out with such class and style. He obviously left a big chunk of himself in everyone he knew and in YOU. Godspeed!

DONZI
01-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Godspeed to your Dad. May you always cherish all the time spent with him.

Our condolences.
Lessard family

roadtrip se
01-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Todd and Jill

EricG
01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Our thoughts are with you Scot....

Eric & Kath

Digger
01-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Scot, our deepest condolences. God bless and stay strong.
Digger and Darcy

tamburello
01-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Scot, sorry for you loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

- Jeff

Tomahawk
01-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Scot - June and I are sorry to hear of your loss but, it is good that you and your Dad had such a great relationship. Our prayers are with you.

Hotspare
01-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Our Thoughts are with you, Scot.....

Extreme Measures
01-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Scot Our thoughts and prayers are with you,Take Care of yourself Scot.Extreme Measures

JimG
01-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Scot, Janet and I enjoyed your Dad's party. Sorry we couldn't stay longer. Looked like a great turnout. What a fantastic way to celebrate your father's life. May his memory always lay softly within your heart.

Jim & Janet

Darrell
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Scot, Janet and I are so sorry to hear about your father. Having lost a parent myself I somewhat know the lost you are feeling. Having meet you a couple times I know he must have been a great guy. Our prayers are go out to you & Kim.

Darrell & Janet

Surfer
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Scot, I'm so sorry, god bless. Rich