PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a Z-22

The Hedgehog
01-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't know much about these but I have a friend considering one. Is there anything he should be concerned about? He is looking at a 2000 bowrider with 150 hours on a 350. I guess that is has an alpha. He is seeing it $27k. Is that reasonable? It looks clean on the pics.

What kind of performance should he see?

I am no expert on Bowriders but I would guess that this is much better than the Stingray/Crownline type boats. I that correct?

Last Tango
01-20-2005, 08:51 AM
My Buddy had one just like that for a couple years and it was excellent. 350 with 260HP and Alpha drive. Topped out at 55MPH. Open bow was an excellent party boat. Lots of room to move around and room for folks to get comfortable and enjoy each others company and conversations. We called the storage locker between the front seats "the basement." If I were to buy a "second" Donzi I would buy one of those (my Classic 18 is still my first love - FAST). Boat was excellent driver in rough water and very comfortable for the passengers. Not a race boat, but you would be proud to tie up anywhere or raft off of anything else. Lots of positive comments at the marinas and waterfront restaurants we went to. It was the most popular boat with the ladies in our boating group.
Sadly, my Buddy turned out to be a closet sailor and sold the boat to buy a 28 foot rag boat. He casually mentioned to the Donzi dealer that he might be interested in maybe selling his boat if he found a sailboat. His boat was sold three days later for his "potential" asking price.
I always wish he had kept it so I wouldn't have to give up my Classic 18 to buy one. My wife hates my 18 Classic, but loved his Z-22 bowrider.

BUIZILLA
01-20-2005, 08:57 AM
The black/white/red boat in VA is a great boat. I almost bought it myself. I'm sure 24k would buy it... it's definately worth it.
JH

onesubdrvr
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
LB,

I Have a 21' Ragazza, not quite as flashy or as fast as the Z-22 (yet, working on it), but it's a great boat, I travel with my wife and 4 kids comfortably, 4 adults + would be comfortable as well. Anyway, check out this Z-22 and think about forwarding it to your friend.

http://www2.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=1208312&hosturl=taberyacht&&ywo=taberyacht&&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=3104&url=&hosturl=taberyacht&&ywo=taberyacht&

Good Luck to your friend
Wayne