PDA

View Full Version : Myco Trailer

need for speed
01-18-2005, 03:04 PM
talked to myco today, they say they can build me one for the 22... i am really thinking about it- i think i am gona go for it..anyone have one for a 22...? :cool:

undertaker
01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
No but when I purchase my 22 classic I will seriously be thinking of putting a Myco under it. Keep me updated on your progress if ya don't mind, thanks :biggrin.: .

Undertaker :wavey:

MOP
01-18-2005, 07:29 PM
How much does a Myco run $ wise?

Donzigo
01-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I notice that you live in Naples. I hope you aren't thinking of putting that trailer in the salt. That trailer isn't aluminium or galvanized. It will turn to mush in short order if it's not. Perhaps they make a salt trailer now, if so, dis-regard my comments.

Up here in St. Pete, Performance,Quickload, & Owens, and Loadmaster are all made in this area and all are decent trailers. Owens-Slide On is the most expensive; but, a little heavier too. I've had Owens & Performance & have a Z-33 on a Quickload, now. I've enjoyed both.

Richard
727-867-7020

Mr X
01-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Myco does also build aluminum trailers.....

need for speed
01-18-2005, 07:59 PM
They can make alum ones... that is what i got a price for.. not cheep.. 5334$ lol..

Donzigo
01-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I bought a 10,000 lb trailer form Quickload for $3,600.

Owens price for a 12,000 lb trailer 45 ft long was $4,900

Yikes, that Myco trailer must have been shipped to the Vatican for a blessing by the Pope!

MOP
01-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Before you plunk your dollars down get hold of Rust n Rot, he got me a Wesco at much lower numbers than you guys are throwing out. It is a well made trailer, single axle disc brakes, aluminum with galv cross members and tows like a dream. I did have one prob with the master cylinder, one phone call and about 3-4 day later a new unit arrived with a return pack they were very nice to do Biz with.

Phil

need for speed
01-18-2005, 08:10 PM
yeah but it is a MYCO.... :yes: they are so nice.... :cool:

DonziDave
01-18-2005, 08:12 PM
My 1986 18' came with a Myco trailer painted red to match the boat with alloy wheels. Boat looks great on the trailer. I don't haul the boat much because it stays on a lift in my boathouse. But when I do trailer it, the Myco really tracks straight and fits the hull like a glove. Even with solid bunks, the boat loads and unloads with ease. Excellent quality construction. A really nice trailer...!!!

Dave

ChromeGorilla
01-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Ahhh....Doc put bling bling under the bling bling. P I M P :biggrin:

Donzigo, I see you mentioned LoadMaster trailers. Thats what I have under my 22 and I like it very much.

need for speed
01-18-2005, 09:30 PM
YEAH MYCO service is great!!! called me back in 10 mins.. and he told me usaly only boat 29 ft and up but they do some small ones too...for a 22 no problem... I have a nice alum trailer but I really want a myco :uzi:

I used one the other day for a friends boat and i fell in love....

roadtrip se
01-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I've had three of them over the years and they never let me down, so I'm getting another one!

Service is top notch.

You get what you pay for.

Todd

RickSE
01-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I was originally going to buy an aluminum MYCO for the 40th Aniv. 22 I had on order but ended up buying another 22 that came with a steel MYCO. I think you'll find that the prices on all trailers have gone up in the last year due to the big increases in the cost of raw materials, steel and aluminum. An aluminum MYCO for a 22 used to be under $5K until last year. My dad has two Aluminum MYCO's, 33ZX & 32 ProLine. The owner of MYCO loves the 22-Classic, which is why they continue to build trailers for this boat. I'd love to see a 22 sitting on aluminum MYCO.

need for speed
01-19-2005, 08:44 PM
some one find out I want one :rlol:

Dr. Dan
01-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I will be talking to Bill next week...I will inquire...how many would be needed to get a break. However, when Todd and I spoke to him a few weeks back...it was apparent that material increases were pending...and that the reality is each Trailer is Built Custom for the Client.

Translation.....each one will be different in enough ways to make each effectively a one off...ie. I need both Axles to have Brakes in Pa, others will want even more items...some will want only the basics...so even though we say we would order a group of them....after the orders come in....it's not a Cookie Cutter Program....Period.

The other side of the argument is who wants to spend over $5000 and not get what they want? Not me!!!!

But I will ask....... I am going over the finish details and will know my build cost shortly.

So how many have actually $5K they wanna put to a Trailer...give me a Count....I know Todd, Me, Charlie, Mad Dog...who else? I will ask based on 4 Aluminum "C Channel Tandems" for a 22 Classic...unless I hear otherwise....

Here is a pic under a Fishboat...nice looking unit....! :bonk:

Doc :biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
01-20-2005, 12:22 AM
:wavey: Look at the quality of the Finish, the Welds...the Tie ins of the Steps and Fenders...all Fenders are Curled on both edges to add strength. No loose fasteners to be bothered with...when Towing 20,000 Miles each Summer....

Hmmmm?

Doc :rlol:

RickSE
01-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I have to agree, my dad's big aluminum MYCO's are a work of art. My little steel one's not bad either.

My dad is a MYCO dealer but I don't think he could get you significantly better price, his volume is too small. Sounds like you guys have it under control anyway.

Also, I'd make sure you get torsion-arm suspension instead of leafsprings. The leafspring trailers are cheaper but the torsion-arm units pull so much better.

RedDog
01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't want to spend $5K but I do want an AL trailer to repace my steel Eagle

Anyone like green?

need for speed
01-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Have my 2004 rocket for sale gona wait till we hear about a discount but looks like i will still go for it...

Air 22
01-21-2005, 07:44 PM
It's not a MYCO but it is a SAFE, Good looking, Reliable Trailer that fit my buget. I've got many hours of my blood, sweat, and tears in our Donzi so anything wouldn't do. Continental builds a great trailer. If ya need more info...just ask the master Poodle :D

In the end....we all park'em anyway... where no one really cares :banghead: :D

For pic see "New 22 Classic Trailer" thread in performance talk.

roadtrip se
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
might be coming along for the ride Dwight...

Todd
"Can't beat em join em!"

Air 22
01-22-2005, 07:47 AM
might be coming along for the ride Dwight...

Todd
"Can't beat em join em!"

Todd..you mean in Miami? if so your more than welcome :yes:

BUIZILLA
01-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Todd, if you come down, your welcome to use either my Minx or my 18, take your pick...

JH

Air 22
01-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Todd, if you come down, your welcome to use either my Minx or my 18, take your pick...

JH

Hey I wanna drive that thing w/ the Allison 3060 in it... :biggrin: