PDA

View Full Version : Big Zo - Knoxville Boxing

RedDog
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
I went to the boxing matches Saturday night and saw Knoxville Fighter Alonzo "Big Zo" Butler continue his professional winning streak. He is 14-0-1 now and hopefully will get some bigtime bouts and recogniztion soon. The article (in the link below) stated he had 11 knock-outs. I'm not positive, but I thought a TKO counted as a knockout. If so, then it is 12 KOs after Saturday night. This was the second fight of his I've seen but still haven't seen much - his fights tend to be over real quick. His trainer is Ace Miller who guided Knoxvillian Big John Tate to a world heavy weight championship. Unfortunately Big John wasn't able to avoid self destruction and faded from the scene fast and died an early death.

I also got to watch a few of the golden gloves bouts - in the pics you'll see a couple of real scrappy 106#'ers.

Pictures and a short video can be seen here - http://home.comcast.net/~chilepup/BigZo

DON N.
01-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I Thought Ike " The President " Ibeabuchi Was Going To Be The Next Champ A Few Years Ago , But He Doing 30 Years In Prision. I'll Watch For Zo Butler Though .
I Guess A Tko Isn't The Same As Ko .