PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Project Boat

WAY2FAST
01-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi, everyone, I'm new to this forum and i absolutly love these boats. I am looking for a project boat to start, between 16' and 22' with or without power, decent condtion but needs some time and work put into it. If anyone knows of anything near Vancouver, the Island, or anything down in the oregon and washington region, please let me know. also, it doesn't have to be a donzi. My price range is pretty much anything under $8000.00
Thanks again, Stefan

Lenny
01-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Good to hear from you Stafan.

Finding something here or there is going to be a CHORE :yes:

I used to wait for them to show up. Then I gave up and started travelling to find them. The mid west is full of them. (US) I would look for a project 18. Teds' comes to mind. X-18, one of 176. Needs power and rigging. It would be right up your alley and $3K in shipping later it would be here.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37751

Reputable soul to boot. :yes: It IS worth a gander.

jg480
01-16-2005, 07:25 PM
The last 2 boats I've bought have been between 700 and 1100 miles away. They were both weakend road trips and cost me about $500.00 in gas and hotel. The trips were alot of fun and the deals I got were great, If you aren't afraid of a drive you could get a pretty good boat for the money your willing to spend. Good luck in your search.

WAY2FAST
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys, i kind of figured i'd have to travel a bit. It's so frustrating seeing all these deals in places like Florida, and shipping would be ridiculous. I'll just have to keep my eyes open. that x-18 sure would make a beautiful boat but i dont have all that much experience with building a boat. Also, i might as well throw it out there, I have a 1974 BMW 3.0cs for possible trade. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks again. Stefan