PDA

View Full Version : Texas Holdem Poker - Anyone else addicted?

Ranman
01-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Been reading and playing a bit. Recently discovered PartyPoker.com. This may be the downfall of my marriage. :D :D If anyone else plays at PartyPoker, list your screenname and I'll ladd you to my buddy list.

GarDog
01-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Been reading and playing a bit. Recently discovered PartyPoker.com. This may be the downfall of my marriage. :D :D If anyone else plays at PartyPoker, list your screenname and I'll ladd you to my buddy list.

Believe it or not there is somthing worse! X-box has online tournaments that allow you to talk to the other players! Lots of trash talk. Some guys I work with around the country get together and play. Whoever looses has to mail the winner checks. Its great fun but not good for the marrage.

GB

RedDog
01-16-2005, 08:31 PM
A little off topic but did you see the new ESPN series called Tilt ? Pretty good show about Las Vegas gamblers in the likes of Play Makers that they had out a while back.

I also saw a good historical show the other day on the history of poker and some Texas gamblers that created the game (Texas Hold-Em) in I think the 50's. The show was on A&E or the History channel - keep your eyes open for since they regularly repeat them.

Brad Lyon
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
For God's sake Randy, do not tell my son's about the site! They are both Texas Holdem addicts! Especially Ashton, and he is really good too.

Brad

goatee
01-16-2005, 11:15 PM
love the game! play with some friends almost every week.

McGary911
01-18-2005, 02:06 PM
We have gotten a bunch of friends together every once in a while to play. Usually at my house. We do food and have a few beers. No big $$. I dont think anyone walks away losing more than $25. That keeps it friendly. It is a lot of fun. We do a buy in for $10-$20, then mete out about $50,000 per person in chips so we all feel like high rollers.... I suck, but it's enjoyable. :)