PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Sebastian Florida?

Bigbroadjumper
01-14-2005, 02:10 PM
My wife and kids are going to be is Sebastian next weekend looking at property. Any ideas for some fun things to show them? Thanks

gcarter
01-14-2005, 02:49 PM
You would be only about an hour from Disney World. Also about an hour South of the Kennedy Space Center.

onesubdrvr
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Well,

There isn't much that I know of (in Sebastian itself), but there is Captain Hirams' (resturant and sand bar with docking for boats) which is in Sebastian, pretty good food, sand bar is alot of fun. About 1/2 hour to 45 minutes south of Sebastian on US-1 is Fort Pierce, they have the EOD Museum, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute, and there is the St. Lucie County Museum (all are on the water and are beautiful).

Wayne

ps you just missed the frog leg and gator tail festival by about 2 weeks!:alligator

tmdog
01-14-2005, 05:22 PM
People move to Sebastian to grow old and not be bothered. There are very, very few activities to keep energetic people occupied. I have not been back there for ten yrs. The only reason being there was to fish or dig for clams. Clamming was fun in any part of the Indian River. Right time of the year.

Cuda
01-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Sebastian Inlet is the most exciting fishing spot I've ever been! Even if you don't fish, you can walk out on the jetty. I used to drive all the way across the state and back just to fish there one day.

Shanghied Again
01-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Rent a boat and take the kids Dolphin watching, we have a timeshare in Sebastian and the bay is loaded with dolphins also Coco Beach is only 20 minuets west the beach and Ron Jons Surf shop is there.

Mr X
01-14-2005, 06:14 PM
This is what we do at Sebastian, and we drive 3 hours each way to do it!

Jamesbon
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Ditto what CigaretteSS said!!! Ride skis in the inlet, MONSTER swells. About the biggest, most fun stuff I've rode :)

Great pics Ted! YGL

Cuda
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
My buddies use to go there to surf all the time. Know where the Spanish House is?

Donzigo
01-15-2005, 06:58 AM
You might want to take a ride up to Ft. Pierce and visit National Liquidators. You will see two giant warehouses of parts from manufactureres, over-runs, salvage-reclaimed parts, and just about any other boat parts at a riduculous discount (on some items) and a very good discount on others. They have complete dashboards for many boats, (Donzi, Wellcraft, etc. etc.) sometimes Donzi seats, and a broad selection of just about anything for boats..............an amazing place, for sure. It's maybe 30 minutes from Sebastian.

FYI: Sebastian was hit hard by the hurricane. I saw one entire high & dry demolished. The accompaning restaurant was completely gutted by the wind. I saw 50 foot yachts across the highway and in a person't fromnt yard. Pretty surreal stuff after the storm.

GEOO
01-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Sebastian Inlet has one of the best surf's on the east coast. Fishing and Surfing at the Park ( Beach, Inlet, Jetty) Not sure what the Hurrican did?

Team Hula Girl
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
My wife and kids are going to be is Sebastian next weekend looking at property. Any ideas for some fun things to show them? Thanks
Disneys Vero Beach Resort is about 2 miles south of Sebastian Inlet. It is at the intersection of A1A and CR 512. They have a lot of disney characters that show up at the resort. (not sure what age the kids are?) There is also a Treasure Museam in Sebastian called Mel Fishers.

I will post more later,

J Mitch

Bigbroadjumper
01-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks to all for the info. My daughter is 19 and my son is 13. We are spending a couple of days in Orlando at the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal, and then to Sebastian. Two nights at the Key West Inn. I can't wait to get out of Illinois, it's 5 degrees outside.

onesubdrvr
01-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks to all for the info. My daughter is 19 and my son is 13. We are spending a couple of days in Orlando at the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal, and then to Sebastian. Two nights at the Key West Inn. I can't wait to get out of Illinois, it's 5 degrees outside.
Well, how did you like it? It's pretty nice from the outside. It shares the back parking lot (east) with Captain Hirams, did you get a chance to make it there for dinner?

Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-25-2005, 07:41 AM
I thounght Hirams owned the Key West Inn???I'm pretty sure your right, atleast that's what I've heard also. Good idea though, get schnockered, then stumble across A1A there to get to the hotel,.......:boggled:

Wayne

Fish boy
01-25-2005, 07:55 AM
You might want to take a ride up to Ft. Pierce and visit National Liquidators. You will see two giant warehouses of parts from manufactureres, over-runs, salvage-reclaimed parts, and just about any other boat parts at a riduculous discount (on some items) and a very good discount on others. They have complete dashboards for many boats, (Donzi, Wellcraft, etc. etc.) sometimes Donzi seats, and a broad selection of just about anything for boats..............an amazing place, for sure. It's maybe 30 minutes from Sebastian. .

Richard, I am thinking a road trip is in order!!

BTW, sebastian in IMHO the best place in florida to surf.

Donzigo
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
..............works for me. I go there all the time. If we could get Johnny Mitchell to let us use his condo.............hmmmmmmmmmmm