PDA

View Full Version : X-18 For Sale Yachtworld

Marlin275
01-13-2005, 03:46 PM
This one looks good !

New interior, rebuilt Chevy 400 small block bored 30 over, Stealth intake, Volvo outdrive with Speedmaster lower unit, custom trailer, cockpit cover. Boat was rewired 4 years ago.
Current Price: US$*9,900*

http://yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1271423&slim=quick&

Greg Maier
01-13-2005, 07:30 PM
That boat is at Offshore Performance in Grasonville, Md. It has been there for 6 months or more. I posted on it a while ago. The 22 in the background is a 2004 I believe. The guy bought it new and had it for a few months before he traded it in. The 22 is sitting on a nice Myco steel trailer.

Mr X
01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
That boat is no longer for sale,
I spoke to the owner and he decided to keep it.

boldts
01-13-2005, 09:24 PM
No disrespect intended, but did you offer him $9,900 for it when he said that? Everyone has a price you know. Looks awful sweet for the dollars being asked, but I haven't seen it up close or in person. Might be other issues that others found if it has been sitting for a while. Sitting on what appears to be a nice trailer for travel to Donzi gatherings.

Marlin275
01-13-2005, 10:10 PM
That boat is no longer for sale,
I spoke to the owner and he decided to keep it.

They told me today it was still for sale?
They didn't know what an X-18 was.

Mr X
01-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I offered FULL ASKING PRICE, I also had to talk to 4 different people, then finally the owner of the business.
He told me it was not for sale any longer. The owner had decided not to sell it.
Maybe the people working at that place dont know that......
Maybe the owner decided to sell again.
I was told that the engine and drive had been changed out.
Who knows????????

Mr X
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I offered FULL ASKING PRICE, I also had to talk to 4 different people, then finally the owner of the business.
He told me it was not for sale any longer. The owner had decided not to sell it.
Maybe the people working at that place dont know that......
Maybe the owner decided to sell again.
I was told that the engine and drive had been changed out.
Who knows????????

Oh yea, also was told that the owner had taken it home....

Marlin275
01-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh yea, also was told that the owner had taken it home....

I told the dealer that we had two guys on this site that collect these rare gems (you and a guy named Scott) and he said someone was going to overnight a check, but who knows? He didn't know if the guy overnighting the check was named Scott. :eek:

TREYSTJOHN
01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
The boat has been sold as we are now a two classic 18' family (1966 3-hatch under rehab & new 1973 X). The X is 100% original except for the tach, speedo, motor (it is a 400ci) and front buckets (even the rear upolstry is original). Has original 270 E-Drive w/ hydraulic tilt trim. Deck, floor and stringers are 100% sound, transom only has one dead area about 3" in diameter. We did a test spot on the original gel (dukes of hazard orange) and it buffed up to about 95% new, no stress cracks in gel anywhere. Even the original rub rail screws are all tight. Only possible issue is original fuel tank. I have not spoke to the original owner, which should happen in the next few days, but based on my findings I am assuming the boat has very little use and was kept indoors all of its life. Will post with pix once I get more info on history.

Trey

Lenny
01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
COOL :yes:

:D

boldts
01-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Congrats Trey! Don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see picks of your 66' restore along with more of the X. Hope to see both in person some day!

TREYSTJOHN
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Congrats Trey! Don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see picks of your 66' restore along with more of the X. Hope to see both in person some day!

Thanks,

We just finished the underside of the deck/floor on the '66, new composite (coosa) transom and stringer/bulkhead vacum bag install begins this weekend. We have been taking photos throughout the process and I will post complete start to finish sequence once we finish, probably April. At this point the '66 is probably going back to a white variation of its original bumble bee colors in Imron. Hardware/gauges are going to be 2005, as all the original stuff was tossed by previous owners. Power is done and awaits install (383/400hp Bravo1 with Imco 2" shorty and external power steering. Should be a fun Hateras wake jumper.

I'll probably post pix of the X when I get back from vacation in Mid February.

Thanks Again