PDA

View Full Version : My Donzi's gonna be a movie star!

yorkey
01-12-2005, 09:57 AM
It all started when I got a phone call from a guy at Donzi Marine in FL, saying that he was referred by someone here on the registry and that he was looking for someone in Southern Cal with a 22' Classic. Well, that's me!

So to make a long story short, my little Donzi is going to be a movie star, right there next to Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni in the new "Fun with Dick & Jane" which is supposed to come out in June '05. I guess the director is a big Donzi fan.

So, I'm doing my part to keep us in the movies folks!

Wish her luck when it's time to cruise the red carpet, eh? (hee hee)

RickSE
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Congrats, Yorkey. :D

I'm glad they got a hold of someone else from the board. I talked to the factory about using our SE but live too far from L.A. Sounds like a fun movie.

Start polishing that puppy, we want to se some shine.

gold-n-rod
01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I think I've heard of that story line. Doesn't the bad guy drive a Donzi full speed onto the beach, slide up the sand and crash through the front window of a beach mansion???

:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

;)

Congrats.

McGary911
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
That's cool as hell! I really dont like Jim Carey, but I love Donzis, so I guess I'm going to see it.

Better hint......make them polish it up for you. You gotta get something out of it, huh?

When are they shooting?

RickSE
01-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Fun with Dick & Jane (http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3092048)

RickSE
12-14-2005, 10:29 AM
You around Yorkey?

So did your boat make it into the movie?

I keep seeing the trailer on TV for X-Mas time opening.

yorkey
12-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Hey man, how's it going?

Well, to be honest I'm not sure if the boat made it all the way to the final movie footage or not. The movie should be in theatres soon, the only way for me to know is to go buy a ticket and check it out.

Anyway, if you see the movie and my little classic... think of me eh?

Merry Christmas man, talk to you soon!

Mr X
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Dont get too disapointed if you dont make the cut.
I have been in four movies and only made it into one for about 5 seconds.

yorkey
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Ya know, I'd be happy if I could just get in touch with the right person who may have access to still shots of the actors around the boat... I'd frame 'em and keep 'em forever...

Have you ever gotten anything like that?

RickSE
12-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Opens on Dec. 21st.

Whoever sees it first let us know.

Yorkey, you going to the L.A. Boat show? I'm coming over for a Medical Design Conf. the same week and will probably try to go to the boat show on Wednesday evening, Feb. 1st.

RickSE
12-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Saw the movie last night. No Donzi in the version I saw. :frown: Looks like your 22 got cut Yorkey, maybe it'll make the DVD.

yorkey
01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I saw the movie too, there's no footage at all. Yeah, maybe the DVD will have some extra cutouts or something, I'm not holding my breath.

LA Boat show? I'm not sure man, maybe so. Maybe we can meet there and shoot the breeze a little.

Catcha later...