PDA

View Full Version : Grab Rail for 16's

Magicallbill
01-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey,
As my son's and my Ski Sporter's restoration project continues, we have found we need the grab rail that encircles the front half of the cockpit.
Question: Can we buy a new railing from Donzi that they put on the new 16 classics and expect it to fit on a 66 and a 68? I have been told that the hulls are still identical.
Thanks, Bill

Scott Pearson
01-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Bill,
I really dont think the new 16 grab rail will work out right. That being said. I would get a piece of SS rail and bend it yourself or have someone who bends tubing to do it for you. Like a professional race car chassis shop.

If you do attempt to do it yourself its not to hard. Get the size tubing you want. Fill it full sand and and cap the ends. Then start bending. The sand keeps the tube from kinking.

Good luck!

Scott
LGDCC

Magicallbill
01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks Scott,
Can't wait to get these done and put on the shifter knobs you sold us!
Bill

lee
01-12-2005, 11:47 PM
i have the orgional dash grab bar that was mounted on my 68 18 2+3 in great shape
Hey,
As my son's and my Ski Sporter's restoration project continues, we have found we need the grab rail that encircles the front half of the cockpit.
Question: Can we buy a new railing from Donzi that they put on the new 16 classics and expect it to fit on a 66 and a 68? I have been told that the hulls are still identical.
Thanks, Bill

Scott Pearson
01-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Bill,
Not a problem. Hope its going well. Lets see some pictures!

Lee,
If Bill dosnt need it I will buy it from you.
Let me know!

Thanks!
Scott
LGDCC

Lenny
01-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Scott P, that is a geat idea :yes: The sand thing.

I also have a deck rail in good shape with ends and intermediate supports and all if you need a pattern made.
It is off the boat as well. (but under snow :mad: )

Scott Pearson
01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Lenny,
I think Lee is talking about the dash grab rail. I could be mistaken.

Scott
LGDCC

Magicallbill
01-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Hey all,
We have got the grab rails we need-
Thanks for the input,and we'll get you pics of the rigs, promise!
Bill