PDA

View Full Version : 40th Anniversary or Aronow Edition 22 Classic or a 28ZX

Smoke 'Em
01-11-2005, 07:32 PM
My wife and I are trying to decide on a new boat and we're not sure what to buy, 40th Anniversary or Aronow Edition of the 22 Classic or a 28ZX. We live in Tampa, FL and want to have a boat that will be fun for the family. One last question on 22's: 496 MAG or 496 MAG H.O.?

ChromeGorilla
01-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow what a difference between choices. As far as motor for the 22. 496 HO period. next subject. You mentioned the word family. 1, 2 kids? and the wife. You probably would be better off with a little more boat than the 22 C. Just my opinion. Good luck with your boat buying search.

RedDog
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I have a 22 Classic and love it. But if I lived in Tampa, and could afford it (which I can't), I'd go with the 28 ZX. I really like that Aronow Edition though.

Chrome is right - if you have the option, go for the HO.

Cuda
01-12-2005, 05:19 AM
28Zx

Shanghied Again
01-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Cuda. I know the water you boat in and if you stay inland the 22 Classic is perfect but if you want to run the gulf I would definetly go with the 28ZX. Your family will be secure, my boat crushed the 4ft waves in the Sarasota Poker run and I have a 26ft.

Cuda
01-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of family comfort. A 26 would be fine too, that's what I originally was looking to buy there, it's big enough, and no twins for double trouble.

Smoke 'Em
01-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow what a difference between choices. As far as motor for the 22. 496 HO period. next subject. You mentioned the word family. 1, 2 kids? and the wife. You probably would be better off with a little more boat than the 22 C. Just my opinion. Good luck with your boat buying search. Thank you for your advise. We are going to take both for a sea trial this weekend and we'll see. Someone else commented that a small boat and a suitcase full of money is better than a forty footer tied to the bank. By the way it's the wife and two kids, both boys, ages twelve and eight. Thanks again.:shades:

Team Hula Girl
01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
If your family will be on the boat with you most of the time I would go with the 28. I live in Tampa and I am on the water every day. The Bay can get a little too rough for a 22 classic with family members aboard. Just remember, If your family isn't haven't fun then your boat is probably going to be on a trailer. Definitely go with the 496 HO if the classic is your choice. Just remember to think about those late afternoon summer rain storms that come through. when the kids and wife have a cuddy to duck into they will be a lot happier.

If you are plainning on staying in the upper bay and 50% of the time it will be just you running the boat then go with the classic.

Might want to consider a 29ZF also. What a great boat for these waters.

This weekend will be a great time to test the boats. the water will be a little rough.

Good luck and maybe we will see you out on the water soon.

J Mitch

undertaker
01-13-2005, 10:41 AM
IMO either the 22 classic or 28ZX would be a great selection I had a 28ZX and loved it, it will take on rough water with no issues, but if ya wanna move up to something even better I have a very clean 2002 33ZX for sale :biggrin:. Good luck. :cartman:

Undertaker :odie:

fasttrucker
01-13-2005, 08:59 PM
You have a porta-potty on the 28zx.We use it all the time in my 28zx.Plus we use the sun pad/dive platform/swim ladder.We also pull a ski-tube for the kids.We anchor+raft-up with others.Hang out with the other performance boats.Also we can go out in the ruff stuff here on the chesapeake bay,Not a problem.Great family boat.Plus I have a race shop custom motor 500hp+ that makes my 28zx go 75-77mph. :embarasse

baronmarine
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
go bigger or go home as my wife would say. go with the 28'. i have a 28' offshore (not donzi) very family frendly my 19' hot rod has been in the barn for about 5 years now. at least i thing its in there still ? good luck

Cuda
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
The old saying ,"There is no replacement for dispacement" works with the ride of a boat too.