PDA

View Full Version : What I did today...

gcarter
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
was to continue integrating the new dash into the boat.
The fabricator did a remarkably good job of building and wiring the new panel, but I didn't give them much to work with.
Then if you look at the lower left hand corner of the cockpit, you'll see the separate trim panel. This incorporates the trim gauge and all three of the trim switches. It takes 21 leads to accomplish this. Well, in a couple of days I'll have all it in and completely wired.
In the next picture, you can see the 1/4-20 machine screws and Tee-nuts I used to assemble the deck and hull. I installed the screws with blue thread locker. These screws won't come loose. The smaller Tee-nuts (#10-24) are for the rub rail. So what I end up with is a SST through bolted machine screw approximately every 3", about 200 total. I don't think I'll have to carry a screwdriver in my pocket to re-tighten the screws. :yes:

f_inscreenname
01-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Lots of work. I did mine a couple years back. Used a mile of wire and it seemed like I was always at the store buying connectors. Once it is done you will be very happy with the result. Having all new wires in a boat will stop a lot of problems before they start.

Donzigo
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I notice that you are heat'shrinking all the wires, George..............you ARE the man!

It's the right way to go.............and buss bars too..............what's not to love.

Team Hula Girl
01-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Don't forget to put the neoprene dip on the terminal strips. Corrosion will be virtually non-existent if you do. Trust me.

J Mitch