PDA

View Full Version : Go West Young Man.

Formula Jr
01-09-2005, 04:02 PM
2005 Summer PNW gathering.

Lake Washington?
Burn run to Friday Harbor From Everett?
Burn run to Blake?
or we could all just crash at Lenny's place. If we knew where the cheap docks were.
or pick a weird place on Point Roberts for those that can no longer enter Canada. I can take a few that are boatless. I will try my best to not be a corp boat.

Just a thought.

Hey Mike M. There is this OTHER coast. Its neat. Look on a map and there is water there and Sounds and good water and things. You have always been invited. And you don't even have to be the MC.
You are invited to what ever we come up with in the PNW.

And to all you people.... way back East. I say, why do you not explore some more? 2005. Its a new year, and seeing the Northwest is some thing you can hold in your kit of life and say it was a very good time.

Lenny
01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
hmmmm... :D

Roche Harbour rings a bell :) 2 nights ?

That way anyone with "problems" can stay USA, BUT be about 5 minutes from here. So long as no one gets out of a boat and steps on our land you can boat here 24/7 regardless of the past. :D

EricG
01-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I've been thinking about this post for a few days now. I just don't know what we want to plan for the year...although I think we should shoot for a couple of runs. I believe we've got the crew now to support a few different runs. Since it now appears I'll be running the 18 again for another year (no money to replace it :lookaroun ), I've decided my goal is to trailer to as many different places as I can find this year...

So, where do we go? I definitely think we need to keep the Chelan tradition alive in June - that water is just too perfect to miss.

As far as another destination, The islands are intriguing, or basically anywhere in the sound really. I haven't been to Roche for many years, and never by boat.

I'll put out the call for Chelan soon, as far as another run....just call it - I'll be there.

-EG

thriller
01-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Anywhere in the Gulf Islands.....Roche, Friday..Let's do Both..A night at each one or there is always Mudge Island next to Nanaimo...40 min run fron Sidney and maybe an hour from Roche Harbour..Free place to crash with lot's of room for tents etc. 3 small bedroom cottage West Coast style..:D

The other Mike M..

yeller
01-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Definately want to hook up you guys this year. Both trips sound great! I just missed your Chelan event last year and don't want to miss it again. I'd also like to check out the islands as I've never been to that area before. This will be first time in years that my boat is ready to go at the first hint of warm weather.....can hardly wait.
Thriller, still want a ride in the blackhawk:yes:

Lenny
01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
:) :) :)

Just bolted in the new seats :D

Ron
01-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Us folks down here in Oregon don't want to be left out. If you plan a trip that I can trailer to from Portland, we would probably go. We are booked on Memorial Day and 4th of July already.:hyper:

MXRoadster
01-24-2005, 11:26 PM
This sounds great, you count me in. I would like to do a lot more boating than I did last year. So let’s plan on multiple gatherings this year. Lake Chelan and the Gulf Islands sound good to me.
I guess I better start looking for the closed cooling system so I can be ready for the salt....

thriller
01-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Don't let the salt scare you ...it is far over-rated...I run fresh water cooling and as long as you do a flush or a run up our local Fraser River you are good to go...

I know where to launch in Vancouver for you South of the border..right next to to the Vancouver International Airport..Pay to park/launch......cheap.

Iona beach..public launch..concrete ramp.two lanes..no sweat.

5km run out to the saltchuck with a well known Nude Beach along the way...AAhhh it's all coming back to me... Summmer is on it's way baby...Let the Big Blocks roar:D

Let's do this..

Lenny...Will the Arneson set up be ready?

I'll be running the 31P's with my bolt on Whipple:rolleyes:

See Ya:wink:

MM

MXRoadster
01-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Mike, I just have too much time and money into the motor to subject it to the salt. With the aluminum intake and exhaust manifolds I feel it is best to add a closed cooling system. I also will have several times this summer were the boat will stay in the salt for two or three days at a time and I feel that is to long for a fresh water cooled system with aluminum parts. Maybe it's just me…. :rolleyes:

So what are some dates we should start setting aside for the Islands gathering?

yeller
01-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Like Mike said, as long as ya flush, the salts no problem. I can't comment on sitting in it for 2-3 days, but don't let it scare ya off from a day run. I run aluminum intake, exhaust, jet drive and impeller without any corrosion. I've been using the same drive, exhaust and impeller for 16yrs and they're still in great shape.

Damn...spring can't get here soon enough!

Craig Lawrence
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Roche Harbour sounds like fun,We got rooms and a dock at Maple Bay,count us in .:canada:

yeller
02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
The Chelan event seems to be getting most of the attention at the moment. I still definatly would like to do the islands at some point. Anyone have a tentative date in mind, or should we discuss it at Chelan?

Craig,

Haven't seen your name in the Chelan thread...you planning to go?