PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Special on History Channel...

Donzidreamin'
01-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Anyone catch this today? It was pretty cool, went through the construction process of a nice offshore rig, pretty generic in terms of technical stuff but good for the beginner. Lots of mention of Aronow with photos but no mention of Donzi. It was on the history channel if anyone can catch it in re-run.

Jamesbon
01-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Didn't catch it, but sounds more than worthy enough to grab on Tivo. What was the name of the segment? (I searched History Channel's website and my digital T.V. guide to no avail :( )

Jamesbon
01-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Didn't catch it, but sounds more than worthy enough to grab on Tivo. What was the name of the segment? (I searched History Channel's website and my digital T.V. guide to no avail :( )

Searched a bit deeper, it's called "Hands on History, Cigarette Boats." But I didn't find the next "airing." Anyone know when the next viewing is?

smoothie
01-08-2005, 06:36 PM

Nat.the show was "Hands on History" it was pretty good.

http://www.cigaretteracing.com/news2004/news_2004/news_item.asp?NewsID=36

mattyboy
01-09-2005, 09:34 AM
not a bad show, could have made it an hour long instead of a half hour.
looks like they took some shots from king of thunder boat row
I was amazed at the shot of them dropping the deck on
one small 2x4 thru a hatch and some 20 feet of deck hanging in the breeze and it didn't flex at all!!!!