PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Miami Boatshow

Air 22
01-07-2005, 08:59 PM
The Worlds largest Boat Show is comming soon FEB 17-21. Tickets avail on-line. Crissy and I are haulin the 22...1st road-trip w/ new trailer :yes:. Were invading South Florida..or Poodles sprinkler heads on FEB 12th departing the 20th. BVERD is flying in on BUSINESS :rolleyes: :yes: ;) so he will be runnning w/ us .
Poodle, Buizilla, Big Grizz, Todd/Jill(MADCOW's), Phil Reed usaully make up as the other half of a wet'n wild crew...A run to the Key's is just awaiting the Thunder of those V8's.... :yes: Every year its always a great time and BEAUTIFUL water.. :yes: Hope to see a good crowd.. :beer:

Cuda
01-07-2005, 10:15 PM
We plan on coming, not sure with or without the boat.

onesubdrvr
01-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Just wondering what the boating agenda looks like for the weekend of the boat show. As much as I like boats, as the budget is a little tight right now, I'd rather not go,.....but if you guys are going to be running one of those days, let me know, coming from PSL isn't that bad of a drive.

Thanks
Wayne:wavey:

catch 22
01-17-2005, 08:39 PM
What day is everyone planning on going to the Boat Show and what day is the Keys run. :wavey:

Air 22
01-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Jim...Saturday 19th semms like the best day :wink: . We need to start early as getting a whole group running takes time. Poodle and or Buizilla would be the best point of contact. As they know the area and route were going to run. We usually go out Matheson/Hemick(spelled wrong) :splat: but i'm sure you know the State Park i'm refering too! Its only 2 miles from Poodles Crib :biggrin.:

A 8 or 9am Show time would be nice then after all the bs w/ ramp etc :banghead: :bonk: we could all be running by 10am .. :hyper: (Poodle...no Marine inspections this time... :biggrin.: )I'll be topped off this time... :wink: Keep in touch..more info soon. :wavey:

Its a beautiful run...we need to watch the wx close...if it looks bad we can change day or run somewhere else... :wink:

ChromeGorilla
01-24-2005, 09:08 PM
My wife and I planned on goin to the show with our friends John and Val and we were leaving our boats at home. John just bought a small business and will be very busy for a while now. Since he's not going my wife and I would like to bring the 22 down and go for a run with everyone. The only concern I have is boat storage. We are staying with her sister in Ft. Lauderdale, who owns a condo. Hence no place to keep the boat. Is anybody able point me in the right direction as a place to keep my boat for the weekend. Any info would be great.
I will have a couple open seats as well for some snowbirds that will be flyin down for the show..... :biggrin:
Thanks, Scott V.

ChromeGorilla
01-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Scott, that is very kind of you. Thank you. So looking forward to boating down there.

boxy
01-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Scott,
Storage is available at my house, not to worry..

CG, just make sure all of the pretty parts are bolted down tight ........ :D
Have fun.

ToonaFish
01-24-2005, 10:20 PM
CG, just make sure all of the pretty parts are bolted down tight ........ :D

And be sure to aim for the sprinkler heads while parking.

Really. You are doing Poodle a favor - no irrigation, thus no grass growing, thus no pesky mowing. He'll thank you for it. Really.

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2005, 06:45 AM
You guys are too funny. I know all about the friggin sprinkler heads... Before I was married, myself and 2 buddies of mine were renting a really nice house that had automatics sprinkler heads. We had parties all the time. I would always be out front parking people in the drive or in the street cause of the sprinkler heads. My buddies we're giving me a hard time about it so I said fine "If you bastards want to let people park on the lawn go ahead, but I aint gonna pay or help fix it." Sure as chit next day water flyin every which way, and mini gysers everywhere. It was hot as hell that Aug day as I sat inside and watched my roomies fix all the heads. :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
So lets see what this is shaping up to look like....

MadPoodle- boat
Buizilla- boat
Air22- boat
Cuda- boat???????? Joe...the minx want to play!
ChromeGorrilla- boat
Any other boats gonna make it?

Also who's flying in?

I'm really looking forward to this!

BUIZILLA
01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
boats (S) ... plural

JH :sombrero:

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

yeah yeah yeah we know.....you and cuda both :rolleyes:

but you can only driv'em 1 at a time ...right!?!?!?

GEOO
01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm Flying down with my Dad and two brothers, friday am, Plan on going to the show all day Friday. I might be able to get a Jupiter 27 and tag along. The Keys on Saturday...Hum..

ChromeGorilla
01-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Any other takers? Tidbart, Mr Carter, NeedforSpeed, Fishboy, Bueller....Beuller......?

Air 22
01-30-2005, 12:27 PM
So lets see what this is shaping up to look like....

MadPoodle- boat
Buizilla- boat
Air22- boat
Cuda- boat???????? Joe...the minx want to play!
ChromeGorrilla- boat
Any other boats gonna make it?

Also who's flying in?

I'm really looking forward to this!

Scott..Brad Verd & Amy will be w/ Crissy and I. Buizilla has lended Brad one of his collection..uh oh. :rolleyes: . :wink: so yet another boat added to the mix :yes: . Poodle...should I bring down my 110ft CG Patrol Boat for R/C races in da pond? :beer: We could practice boardings like last year..... : :splat: yes: :rolleyes: :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 09:13 AM
TTT :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

catch 22
02-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Gina and I are in. Looking forward to a nice run to the Keys. :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 11:18 AM
MadPoodle- boat
Buizilla- boat
Air22- boat
ChromeGorrilla- boat
Catch22- boat
Bverd-borrowed boat :biggrin:
Geoo -possibly in a Jupiter.....

The more the merrier...so they say.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cuda
02-01-2005, 04:53 PM
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

yeah yeah yeah we know.....you and cuda both :rolleyes:

but you can only driv'em 1 at a time ...right!?!?!?

You never know, we may do like we did in Palatka. ;)

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Damn showoff....... :uzi:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Now thats some funny chit! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Cuda
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
The Minx should be running by then, and maybe the Formula too. :banghead:

Cuda
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
If I bring one, it would be the Minx. It's hard enough to get around Miami with just a small car, let alone a truck and boat trailer. :(

Cuda
02-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Scott, are you going to be working at the show this year?

Cuda
02-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Joe,
Bring whatever ya want, you can leave it at my house...

I'm working sneak peak, err, setup on Wed, then Thurs and Friday afternoon's till closing. Probably go in early Sunday and setup our booth, but I plan to see the show the rest of the day..

When ya comin down??

Either Thursday or Friday, depending on what I have to do that week.

CG, when are you heading down? Maybe we can caravan.

gcarter
02-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Elaine and I won't be there. I'm doing finishing touches on the Minx and I've been promised a "surprise" for it if it gets here.
So I hope we see most of you at Mt. Dora.
Maybe next year.
BTW, I had some Brits come by and look at it today.

:wavey:

gcarter
02-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Gina and I are in. Looking forward to a nice run to the Keys. :wavey:
Yeah right!
This dude now "cruises" at 70 MPH!
It'l be more like "follow the leader"!!! :D :rolleyes: :rlol:

:wavey:

ChromeGorilla
02-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Being the sleazy gov't employee that I am Joe, I can pretty much take off anytime I want. The hold up is always my wife. The earliest I can probably leave is noon friday.

ChromeGorilla
02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Wooohooo gettin close!

MadPoodle- boat
Buizilla- boat
Air22- boat
ChromeGorrilla- boat
Catch22- boat
Bverd-borrowed boat
Geoo -possibly in a Jupiter.....
Cuda- Minx???????? :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Joe, I will be leaving between 11:30 and 12:00 on Fri, be passin Daytona round 2 ish....oh sh1t.....the 500 is that weekend isnt it?!?! Hopefully the redneck migration wont be full tilt when I pass on by. Let me know if you'll be gone or want to convoy. I plan on drivin straight to MP abode to leave the boat (if it's ok with MP, I know he'll be workin the show....) then turnin around and headin up to Ft. L to stay at sis-inlaws place.

Any other takers?

XK18_1972
02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi All,

I am heading to the Miami Boat Show, displaying at the Yacht Brokerage Show. We are leaving on Satuday, towing down one of my demo boats ( www.kazulinboats.com , the 24' Adriatic model ) from Long Island, NY. We move into the show on Tuesday. Please stop by the Yacht Brokerage Show and say "Hello!" to me there! I am going to be in the new boat section of the show, across from spot 1033. Let me know what you think of my boat!

Regards,

Jim Weber

Scott,
Shoot me an email and I'll send ya some directions to the house..

Cuda, you too....

Madpoodle@aol.com

Geoo may be out on the Jupiter... The silent grey ghosts are a bit too silent at the moment :( :( I may just end up running the fishboat to take the folks who are boatless... I get a head start tho :eek:

Cuda
02-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I called my mechanic today to check on the status of the Minx. He said he thought it was done, but he needed to ask the guy that was working on it, and he was out on a seatrial at the time. Looks like it will make it. What day is the run?

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
OK, had drive lube changed 2 weeks ago, got around to the engine oil today. Thursday I will give her wash and a nice wax, then Fri hit the road :yes: . Cuda, Minx status? Aslo when are ya leaving?

GEOO
02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
The Jupiter I was going to use is ill. So I rented a 23' Sea Swirl WA with twin 135 Rudes. How long of a ride are we taking? Where is the destination? :boat:

Cuda
02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Debbie brought up a good point to me. We won't have time to water test the Minx, so I think we are going to the show sans boat. We will probably come by Saturday morning and see everyone. I just hate to pull it all the way to Miami and find out it won't run ala Palatka. :rolleyes:

Cuda
02-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks Scott, we may take you up on that. :smile:

Cuda
02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Damn, you must have one tall tuna tower on that fishboat.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I'd been wondering about Dale. Did he ever get that plane he wanted? That's why he sold me the Minx.

catch 22
02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Scott. What time, What ramp. :wavey: