PDA

View Full Version : Had a good day yesterday

MOP
01-06-2005, 07:54 AM
The Tempest went off with its new owner a local board member, I got the transom stripped of all the Alpha stuff which I later delivered to its new owner. Once all the Alpha Stuff was out of the way Artie and I beat and probed the transom was very surprised it turned out to be rock hard, I was sure the lower section had to be bad. The aluminum sacrificial anode bolts had damaged their holes, they will be dug out and repacked with solid glass and re-drilled. The stringers will be another story, hopefully will get into that in a few days.

Phil

sweet 16 1966
01-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Work, Work, Work!

Is this the 22 you are working on?

MOP
01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Yup finally ripping apart a great running 22 to experiment with new engine and drive setup, hopefully it will come out the way I think.

Phil

penbroke
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Allright Phil!! You gotta like a man who is confident enough to sell off parts as they are removed. :biggrin.:

Did you get that digital camera yet?? (hint, hint...)

Frank :beer:

Lenny
01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I was sure the lower section had to be bad.

was very surprised it turned out to be rock hard

Phil, you may want to move this to the DONZI Boys section :D

Jamesbon
01-06-2005, 08:42 PM
That's good news, Phil.

What's your "drive setup?"

onesubdrvr
01-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Phil,

Glad to hear things are progressing! Even with your weather conditions, and the fact you have to travel back and forth to your boat, you are already leaps and bounds ahead of me getting my swap done.

Wayne

gcarter
01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Phil, you may want to move this to the DONZI Boys section :D
Where's your mind Lenny?

MOP
01-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Allright Phil!! You gotta like a man who is confident enough to sell off parts as they are removed. :biggrin.:

Did you get that digital camera yet?? (hint, hint...)

Frank :beer:

Still using the plastic stuff to :uzi: with, Digital well Bonnie wanted one of those cigarette pack size 4MP 3X zoom and I wanted 10X and image stabilization like Lenny's. Both of were rated well but way different, so we agree to disagree Valentines Day is coming wishful thinking.
Anyway now the fun begins, the Tempest I think I miss, it went to a local member for his 18, his Ford was agrivating him. I had thoughts of dropping it in an 18 or a spare for the suburban. The shield and drive went to Bonnies son for his boat. I was proud of myself got all the mechanicals out and only drew blood once. I know once the glass work is done and the bilge is painted I'll do the Stuck Hog thing and mess it up!

Phil