PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Heat Exchanger

Zinger
01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know how well the design is on volvo big block freshwater heat exchanger is model 3851587 :bawling: ,looking at both exchanger merc. uses two tanks with a coolant cap on the top tank and volvo uses a single tank with a separate plastic reservoir . The price for a new tank is 125 bucks for volvo and 575 for merc. Jeff :fire:

MOP
01-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know how well the design is on volvo big block freshwater heat exchanger is model 3851587 :bawling: ,looking at both exchanger merc. uses two tanks with a coolant cap on the top tank and volvo uses a single tank with a separate plastic reservoir . The price for a new tank is 125 bucks for volvo and 575 for merc. Jeff :fire:

Jeff I have never had any problems with the Vovlo units nor the Mercs, $125 sounds real cheap, does it have all the brackets and related parts? The price you qoute for the Merc I am pretty sure includes everything you would need for a change over IE: complete system. Tank size and tube count may be the deciding factor, bigger and more tubes is better. I have an off brand three pass that is built like a tank 4-1/2 lbs heavier than the Merc four pass that I also have, both are SB units same size and tube count both are the resivoir type.

Phil