PDA

View Full Version : Hello every one,new wants to say hello!

Bowtie
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Hello everybody!!

I am from Helsinki Finland and i decided to register because i dont know anything about Donzi boats except one thing- i wont one!! So all ideas would be more than wellcome to me. First i am looking for my wery first boat and my eye liked most the looks of vintage X-18 or 18 2+3(?) . I just noticed by looking of the sales adds one really nice looking 1969 Donzi 18 wich has modern 454 . Now the same beauty seems to be at ebay.. I think i will ask lots of wierd questions and start looking for my dream boat slowly. Happy new year 2005!

DAULEY
01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
welcome aboard

Lenny
01-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the Board :D

Best of luck in finding one.

Quick question, is FORD the predominate engine in Finand?

If not, what power is easily available to find parts for and fix?
I imagine Volvo is what you see mostly as an engine package?

Bowtie
01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Quick question, is FORD the predominate engine in Finand?

Hello Lenny!

I belive most common is Mercruiser and Volvo here. But i think parts and know how is available for most well known brands.

Bowtie
01-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Welcome to our disease, err, board ;) ;)

If your hunting an X-18, Cigarette SS has one listed here that is currently ready for repower (deck/stringers/transom redone) with modern power. Would be a great way to go, bring it over there and power it locally...

Since i am quite "new" with everything related classic powerboats i think i try to find complete boat wich only need little bit work (just like the one at ebay now. But thanks for the note.

Mr X
01-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the board.......
I also have the original X-18 used in all the Donzi factory brochures and posters
.....I would consider a decent offer on it......
it is possibly the most original X-18 left in existance,
it is turn key ready and I have every piece of paperwork
including the original bill of sale and all the receipts since day one, I bought it from the original owner.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8125

thanks for the plug Scott :)

Formula Jr
01-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi Bowtie!

What is it like to boat in Finland?
Are the waves big and the water cold? And like the Monty Python song, is everyone happy in Finland? Do you own a reindeer?

I just visited the Nordic Museum in Seattle, Washington and had my first Lutefist with Gjetost cheese! Uhmm...its an aquired taste. ;)

Are there sportboating clubs in Finland?

Will this be your first Donzi? or your first boat?

Welcome to the asylum. We're friendly most of the time if we remember our meds. :)

Owen

Donzigo
01-05-2005, 05:48 PM
If CigaretteSS says his Donzi X-18 boat is in "primo condition", you can take it to the bank.

Richard

KRAVEN
01-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Welcome&Happy Boating! :)

MOP
01-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi and welcome aboard and to the Board! I am sure you will find a nice Donzi, when you do one of the members may be close by to have a look at it for you. Any of the board recomended boats will be good offerings, the members know the good ones in our group.

Phil/MOP

Team Jefe
01-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Asylum...Disease...Obsession....DONZI is all those things and much much more. This is not really a cyberroom or web board...its a famliy. We laugh together, cry together, pick on each other, and have a really great time.

The X-18 is a great little boat, and Ted (Cig SS) is as Donzi as we get so I know his is a winner.......but don't rule out the 22...'nuf said on that.

"Do you own a reindeer?" .....Don't sweat it Owen is the Left Coast Asylum Leader........ I get the same thing about livin' in Texas...Jefe, Do you live on a ranch, and have oilwells in your front yard?

Welcome aboard, we'll treat you so many different ways, you're bound to like some of them.

Bowtie
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Hello everybody and thanks for warm welcome:beer: I must say at iam hard boilded finn and will eat raindeers alive for breakfast(actually all finns do:eek!: ) We have "minuature" powerboating culture for two reasons. First, season i quite short for open top boats and second gas is about 6 usd gallon.. So just imagine that with triple 572 big blocks... !! When economics were extremely high at late 80s people bought really exotic and big powerboats for offshore racing etc ,we had few big donzis,cigarettes,fountains etc to name few + regular stuff but best ones were sold out of country when economic depression hit.

But if we talk about regular boating ,we have had it for ages. We have over 60 000 lakes and 1/3 of your border is sea + all the 100 000 islands.

Personally i have ever never had a boat of my own. I am looking for 60-70s small classic with v8. Just for day cruising. Small enough to be easy to handle and maintain and good smooth lines.

Brian Freeman
01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
cigarette, can i gave you a call about your x-18?