PDA

View Full Version : Marco Island Info

RedDog
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I may be traveling to Marco Island with the extended family the 3rd week of March. Know nothing about it. I have some questions I hope some folks can help me with:

1) Will the water / beaches be warm (enough) that time of year?
2)What kind of weather can be expected?
3) I'll be there for 5 or 6 days - would boating in the 22C be good and if so what should I do / where should I go?
4) Is there snorkeling opportunities in the area?
5) If I were to bring the Donzi - any recommendations on marinas / slips?

lee
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
marco river marina will rent you a 22 center with a 125 for $125 a day it not even worty having a boat in marco for that price i have traveled back and forth 6-7 times a year for 15 years
I may be traveling to Marco Island with the extended family the 3rd week of March. Know nothing about it. I have some questions I hope some folks can help me with:

1) Will the water / beaches be warm (enough) that time of year?
2)What kind of weather can be expected?
3) I'll be there for 5 or 6 days - would boating in the 22C be good and if so what should I do / where should I go?
4) Is there snorkeling opportunities in the area?
5) If I were to bring the Donzi - any recommendations on marinas / slips?

Dr. Dan
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
:bonk: I spent the Holidays there with Liz's Family in 1998...an awesome place....but I would guess like any Florida boating area...ya should probably know the waters.... there were some great houses, cool channels running right up to the back of virtually all the premium real estate... I don't know if I would haul it all that way unless ya could rendevous with some Donzi people that new the area. I would rent a boat..

Naples is only a short distance North on 75...so there are some Donzi regulars there...John(SmokeDiver) & Charles Jackson(Need For Speed) to name a few....are in the neighborhood.

Good Luck... Take a Camera!

Well As Usual the Dogman is posting before me in the Wee Morning Hours....sounds like ya got some action...going on.. :banghead:

Doc :wavey:

need for speed
01-04-2005, 06:33 AM
The area is great for boating. living in Naples I know the area very well. The weather can be great that time of the year.

I would be happy to show you around, or take ya out in my 22. :shades:

if you need anything let me know, i know the area very well.
;)

RedDog
01-04-2005, 07:18 AM
No reason to bring your Donzi.... (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38026)

:boggled: :boggled: Mt Dora is a possible option as a stop in route to Marco assuming we drive rather than fly and the my timing allows locating a room.

Renting a boat does sound like a good option as well. A possible meet with a SeaDog for some local flavor could be fun as well.

Is there any worthwhile snorkeling in the area?

lee
01-04-2005, 09:35 AM
the waters around marco are verry well labled you just have to know the tides and pay verry careful attention of channel markers i love S W FLA
marco river marina will rent you a 22 center with a 125 for $125 a day it not even worty having a boat in marco for that price i have traveled back and forth 6-7 times a year for 15 years

mattyboy
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Marco???????

Polo! :) ;) :rlol:

ChromeGorilla
01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
polo

gcarter
01-04-2005, 01:10 PM
The neat thing about the Gulf in the Spring and Summer is it's usually just like a lake. Flat, calm, and lots of thunderstorms in the summer afternoons (mixed in with a few gales). :yes:

smokediver
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I would be happy to show you around as well . Maybe we can get Charles to drive :biggrin: If not , I will be happy to take you out on my 16 .

need for speed
01-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Sure John I will .... the 22 is ready to go... :yippie: