PDA

View Full Version : Sticky shifting

onesubdrvr
01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Well,

Finally got the Ragazza out for some post repair running, felt great to get on the water, boat ran really good, except for 1 time that it sputtered for about 5 seconds, but opened up the throttle some more, then settled it back down OK. BUT, the problem I did have was after running the day, on the way back to the ramp, I was having a problem shifting out of neutral. Into forward, RPM's were up to about 1200 before it would suddenly grab. Reverse was OK on RPM's, but very HARD to shift. After getting the boat home (a mere 15 minute drive), I flushed my engine, just for curiosity sakes, shifted it, it shifted fine,.... any ideas?

Wayne

MOP
01-01-2005, 06:25 PM
You need to go through setting up the shift interrupter, try to get your hands on a manual or get help from someone that knows how.

gcarter
01-01-2005, 06:49 PM
If you do a search, MadPoodle posted the manual for making that adjustment. It's in PDF format.

gcarter
01-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Here is the manual as posted by MP:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1990 :beer:

onesubdrvr
01-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks fellas,

My drive is an OMC Cobra, is the procedure the same / similar to the posted one mentioned?

Thanks Again,
Wayne

MOP
01-01-2005, 09:42 PM
This will get you through it!

Phil

http://www.funkopolis.com:8080/~stuart/cobra/kw-shift.html

Greg K
01-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Was going to post the link MOP provided for older model OMC Cobras. There are other options if you want to change it out.

onesubdrvr
01-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Thank-you,

I will check it out some time this week, gotta do a couple of trailer fixes too.

Thanks again
Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Well,

Finally had a chance to review the procedure, will look at doing it this weekend. As it is a lengthy procedure, I was just wondering if it is possible (I don't remember the position of the drive when the problem occured), but is it possible I would see a problem if the drive were trimmed all the way down? How about a low fluid level, or old fluid (level seemed OK, but swapped it out the other day and smelled more burnt than I remember the lower oil smelling in the past on my other boat). Anyway, If I have the problem again this weekend I'll make sure to make a mental list of exactly what is where when it happens.

Thanks
Wayne