PDA

View Full Version : Boating on New Years Day :)

ChromeGorilla
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Well 1 day into 2005 and I spent it on the water. Ran down to Outback Crabshack with some friends and had lunch with Last Tango and some other Jax performance boaters. Here's a few pics at the end of the day at the ramp. Sorry for poor quality, all I had on me was my cell phone for pics, and they are grainy... enjoy.

ChromeGorilla
01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Some more

ChromeGorilla
01-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Last few

ChromeGorilla
01-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Sorry...I meant to post in the "Whatever you wanna talk about" section. Oops!

HM or Madpoodle can either of you move this thread to the other section? Thanks

ToonaFish
01-01-2005, 05:56 PM
You are an exceptionally cruel individual. Did you pull the wings off flies as a child?

Bunches,

Celene "Toona is high and dry"

MOP
01-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Like the nice hatch detail! :wink:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8651&stc=1&thumb=1

JimG
01-03-2005, 07:57 AM
CG, the boat looks great!

We boated on New Years Day, too! Ran down to CAPTWK's place in the Thoroughbred for the big New Years Party on Friday, and drove back to Clear Lake Saturday! The bay was like GLASS! Temps around 70. :biggrin:

Uncle Fester
01-03-2005, 12:15 PM
We do an annual Poker Run on New Years over on Puget Sound. This year was great....NO RAIN:umbrella: . Of course it was only about 40 degrees :shocking: . About 60 poker hands and around 20 boats participated.

Tell me Caleb isn't cold in the this pic as he passed us while we were doing 70.

Everybody comes out for this event....check out the surfing dudes. There were two of these guys that stood up holding on to the bow line and jumped waves for the whole 60 mile run.

ChromeGorilla
01-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Jim and UF, glad to see you guys got out on the water! UF, thats hardcore dedication at 40 degrees. :yes: We went out and it was in the 70's and when i opened her up I get my wife tapping me in the back..."Slow down I'm cold". I turn around and says to her " But honey, the motor likey runnin hard in cold water and air temps...." "But I'm cold..." any way we had a good time :)

Fish boy
01-04-2005, 07:29 AM
we did radar runs down here last weekend. Saw donzigo and donzigo jr at the lake. Going to make some changes to my setup friday and hope to test it and some new props all this weekend. Better get some sun screen, supposed to be high 70's low 80's. :cool:

Donzigo
01-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Nice shot of Blurred Vision, Fish.

Nice seeing you.

ChromeGorilla
01-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Fish is that the name of your STD? "Blurred Vision"

Fish boy
01-05-2005, 08:27 AM
LOL, no, that honor beleongs to a friend who even more deserving than me of that title;)

here are a few pics of donziog Jr and his new ride..

Last Tango
01-05-2005, 09:00 AM
So there we were New Years Day, cruising along at a lazy 55 MPH, warm air, clear skies, flat water, the whole 3 mile wide river to ourselves, when all of a sudden three Fountains come blowing by outta nowhere; two 35's and a 32, all sporting twin big blocks. They are buddies of mine from the Jacksonville Performance Boat Club and they were a teeny weeny bit behind schedule (about an hour and a half) meeting up for our New Years day club run to the Outback Crabshack. They surrounded me like a motorcycle gang, exchanged greetings, and then we all kick it up a notch. I'm flying past 72 MPH on the speedo and they are all "struggling" to keep up. Then Jeff-the-Pres smiles and waves to me and the three Fountains slam it home and fire up into the 80's.
Well there was nothing left for me to do, so I crossed out and jumped back and forth "tying shoe laces" over their combined wakes. Denise damn near pee'd her pants with excitement! I had to give her 10 minutes before we got to the dock with the rest of them, so she could calm down. She was just screaming and hooting with glee. She even apologized for being so excited she could hardly talk.
I'm tying up Last Tango at the dock when a voice behind me says "that's a real pretty boat ya got there." Still working the last of the line I respond with a very nice "Thankyou very much" and I stand and turn around and ChromeGorilla is standing there with a big grin on his face. He has saved a big table for all of us and we head on up to the restaurant to eat seafood and enjoy each other's company (yes, the Fountain gang, too, hahaha).
Don'tcha just love boating and the people you meet?

Uncle Fester
01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Here is a link to a short vid that was put together on our New Years poker run.....

http://www.nwoffshore.com/nwmisc/video/2005ccpokerrun.wmv

Enjoy

ChromeGorilla
01-10-2005, 11:58 AM
UF... thanks for the link...that was cool....litteraly :)