PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Donzi 16' V Drive Restoration Pics

rustnrot
01-01-2005, 02:28 PM
The Imagestation link below is where I have posted some pics of the restoration. There are many before shots, some several years old emailed to me from other Donzi owners that spotted this boat in years past. We have not done a good job taking pics of the progress but this is what has been done: rebuilt 289, rebuilt Crusader v drive, rebuilt velvet drive. Hull sandblasted, upside down being sanded and painted. New gas tank on hand. Boat should be ready for Mt. Dora March 17-20 2005. It is YesYouCan's boat. YesYouCan also owns a Blackhawk.

click here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2133003057&code=13759433&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

MOP
01-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Tom it is nice to see it coming together, just posted about it in boats for sale. Two more are talked about in the post, hope the guys that have tem post some shots

boldts
01-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Rustnot,

Don't know if you have considered putting original Donzi decals back on the boat, but if you would like to do so, Richard Weaver will know what the boat needs and propably have them available for you. I'm not sure if the info. I have is still correct, but give it a shot. Decals should be black and I'm almost positive should include 2 flags. 1 American 1 maybe British? If not the British flag, then the dolphin flag I believe.

BTW, resto looks great! What a rare Donzi.

Richard & Cindy Weaver - (rweaver@javanet.com)
21st Street - PO Box 292
Shapleigh, ME 04076
(207) 636-2133