PDA

View Full Version : Florida Fun Runs

onesubdrvr
12-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Well,

Here I am, sitting in front of the puter, pondering how long it is going to take me this winter to get the V-8 swap done in the Ragazza, when all of a sudden,.....:banghead: I don't know when or where any of the Florida events are.

I have very little idea where any of the events are, so any info would help, ESPECIALLY in Florida. With my family of 6, I won't get much chance to get out of state.

Looking forward to this season!
Wayne

ChromeGorilla
12-28-2004, 08:35 PM
I dont know the exact dates but there is an event in Mt. Dora around April or May. The Donzi owners rally is in the beginning of Oct. And there is a gathering in Palatka during Nov. There is a large event In Eufala which wouldnt be that bad of a drive for ya. That is Labor day weekend.

gcarter
12-29-2004, 04:24 AM
The Mt. Dora antique boat show is March 18, & 19.

ChromeGorilla
12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
oops...March

Cuda
12-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Mt Dora is a don't miss. :biggrin.:

Fish boy
12-29-2004, 05:26 PM
thee is also an "offshore" race on Lake Toho (that's why I put it on quotes) in Kissimmee that has not been much of an event but should be. All the big boys ate there including the donzi teams. Center of the state. Guaranteed less than 3 foot chop. easy access to interstate and turnpike.

I beleive Tidbart, ranya, pmreed, and possibly craker jack are the only ones who have gone in the past, but could be a lot of fun. I think it is sometime in the spring or early summer, but not sure.

Last Tango
12-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Madpoodle kicks the year off every February by hosting the SEADOGS at the Miami Boat Show - Feb 17-21
MadPoodle also leads the gang each year at Mt. Dora for the Wooden Boat Show weekend - March 18-20
Last Tango hosts the SEADOGS along with all other DONZI owners at the Angel Aid Poker Run in Jacksonville - Apr 22-23
Bolts from the MidWest Donzi's hosts one of the largest Donzi gatherings each year at AOTH in Cumberland, KY - May 19-22
Memorial day to Labor Day we attend events up north, but Budmann and Fish Boy keep the ball rolling with random events on the west coast of Florida throughout the summer.
Emmo and Forrest host the oldest Donzi event in these parts at Lake Eufaula, AL, every Labor Day (Sept 2-5 this year)
MikeMiller hosts the one and only best Donzi event of the year in Sarasota at the Donzi Hometown Gathering, which is supported in many ways by the Donzi Factory. First weekend in October, normally.
Last Tango Closes out the year with the Palatka event in early November (date based on the collective football schedules of all the scum sucking college routing weenies) and generally the weekend after the FLA/GA game so we can get a room at a motel within 50 miles of Palatka.

I am going to post this calendar on a new thread. Remember that any time you see an event in this section that refers to SEADOGs, that is US and YOU!

Last Tango
12-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Here is another easy thought. If you want lots of Donzi's to play with on a regular basis and at a convenient distance from your house, then propose an event to the SEADOG's. The best way to have a successful event is to find a place to stay near the water that is under $75 a night, is close to a boat ramp in your favorite boating area, has secure parking for the boats, and maybe has a fun restaurant for partying. Look at the calendar of SEADOG events and pick a time somewhere between two existing events and sound it out here on the board. We are ALL looking for new and fun places to play. Expect from 5 to 12 boats. That is the normal show for an event like Palatka or Eufaula.

onesubdrvr
12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Well,

Thank-you Thank-you, I'm going to mark this post for east reference throughout the season. I think after I get the engine swap done in the Ragazza I'll think about trying to put something together, Penut Island is a blast in the summer, lost and lost of boats, and then there is the sand bar in PSL, anyway, is salt water OK, or do most people perfer the inland lakes? Okechobee is a possibility too.

Wayne
PS, can I become a SEADOG HuH Huh? Please? Come on spike!!

ToonaFish
01-01-2005, 02:49 PM
PS, can I become a SEADOG HuH Huh? Please? Come on spike!!

Certainly. As treasurer, I collect all funds and to keep the banking expenses to a minimum, you can just make your check out to me. Initiation fee is $358 dollars, annual dues are $243 dollars.

(Many of you are in arrears for 2005 and I'd hate to have to post your names in a list of shame...) :rolleyes:

Bunches,

Celene 'good at collecting, bad at keeping'

Last Tango
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
In order to become a SEADOG, we have a standing rule... you aren't official until you attend an event. Feel free to write all the checks you want to Toona, she will gladly cash all that you send. But to stand amoung the ranks the the few and proud as a Genuine SEADOG, ya gotta show up the first time. By the way, if the Rag isn't operational, so what? There are always plenty of seats available at a SEADOG event. You are one of us by virtue of your meer presence on this board and your general proximity to the Southeastern United States of America. But it doesn't matter if you are from Timbuktu - once you show up for your first SEADOG event, you are annointed and official. Since you have already let on to your prodigous production of progeny, we must now insist that you present them, one and all, at each event. The magestic magnitude of this maelstrom of mammalian... well, you get the picture. How big did you say the Ragazza was? A 42? That is the size I would expect to comfortably accomodate your family.
You just come on down and have fun! We'll know it's you when we see a school bus towing a Donzi!
:D

onesubdrvr
01-01-2005, 06:30 PM
In order to become a SEADOG, we have a standing rule... you aren't official until you attend an event. Feel free to write all the checks you want to Toona, she will gladly cash all that you send. But to stand amoung the ranks the the few and proud as a Genuine SEADOG, ya gotta show up the first time. By the way, if the Rag isn't operational, so what? There are always plenty of seats available at a SEADOG event. You are one of us by virtue of your meer presence on this board and your general proximity to the Southeastern United States of America. But it doesn't matter if you are from Timbuktu - once you show up for your first SEADOG event, you are annointed and official. Since you have already let on to your prodigous production of progeny, we must now insist that you present them, one and all, at each event. The magestic magnitude of this maelstrom of mammalian... well, you get the picture. How big did you say the Ragazza was? A 42? That is the size I would expect to comfortably accomodate your family.
You just come on down and have fun! We'll know it's you when we see a school bus towing a Donzi!
:D
Well, I must say you guys certainly do know how to make someone feel at home!! :spongebob Thank-you, and I will certainly introduce the masses when we make it to our first event. I had a nice day out on the Rag today and have a few more mechanics to iron out before I really start the cosmetics, but the good thing is, it's nothing that will keep me from an event (until I do the engine swap),

Once again, thank-you for giving me a WarmFuzzy and I truly look forward to meeting everyone.

Wayne