PDA

View Full Version : We're Home

txtaz
12-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Well we finally got moved into our new house. We still have tons of boxes to go through and lots to throw away (say sweeet to the new 96 gallon trash can) or donate.
It only took me 2 hours of reading to catch up on all the posts I missed while in transition. Sorry I didn't reply to any, just a little busy getting things done here.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Here are some pictures of the new house. I don't remember who, but someone asked for a pic of the home theater. Now I just need to get a small person to crawl through the attic to run wires for the surround speakers so I can hang them on the wall.
Happy Holidays,
Wes and Jennifer

boxy
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Wes, it looks great, have fun. I'm glad to see the noble Canada Goose has such a prominent place in your home ..... :D :D

MOP
12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Gotta have tunes get those speakers up!!! Your going to love getting settled in, brings back memories. You sould grab a Donzi R&R ride clear your head a bit, then dig in!

Phil

gcarter
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Congratulations Wes!
I see your laptop on the coffee table, are you still on dial up?

Team Jefe
12-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Very Nice Wes...So when's the house crashi....um...warming party :wink:

txtaz
12-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys, Its great to be back online. George I got SBC DSL and run it through my wireless router in a hap hazard setup since this house only has 2 phone jacks so far. That's soon to be taken care of along with cat5, surround wiring, X-10 security/home automation. I went with DSL since we have Dish Network in the house and no cable. I haven't noticed a big difference in performance, but it is half the price I was paying for cable internet.
Boxy, That is a painting by Gene Murray. It is a limited edition and personally signed. That's one of the benifits of having lived in an artsy fartsy community where I grew up (Rockport) as Dax can attest to. When I get the office set up, I will scan the Canadian goose that didn't get away when I was a teen.
Phil, We have the tunes, but only in stereo. What's cool is Dish has Sirrius radio and they have ONE VERY COOL Jazz channel. I just turn it on and go work on the house. I think I will need flashing red lights because I won't be able to hear the door bell if anyone comes.
Jefe, You can come crash anytime your in the area. BTW, you have mail about your motor. As far as the house warming, we have already gone through a cord of wood. Ohhh, wait your talking about a party. Well, we don't party but a very nice house warming is scheduled for my B-Day (Jan 14) HINT!!!!! HINT!!!! We will have the works, Prime Rib, Gulf Shrimp and anything else I can think of as soon as I'm done painting, fixing commodes/showers etc.
I should have everything done to the house by then.
We hope everyone has a happy new year.
Wes and Jenn

DonziChick
12-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you've been busy :) The house looks great.

Btw, I think I know who you borrowed your sig from and I've always liked that saying :D