PDA

View Full Version : Christmas In Iraq

AquaV
12-27-2004, 04:23 AM
Well, these are some quick shots taken Christmas Day ( not by me!). Gooooo team. You will notice that these are pretty sad decorations, but hey, its the best that can be done in a war zone. Actually, most of these are pretty funny and really random.

-A

By the way, it was raining so bad that most of my base was flooded. So, (yes, we worked all day, no day off!) we brought pizza in to work.

Notice in some of the pics, there is a Texas flag hanging.

MOP
12-27-2004, 07:34 AM
They don't look one bit Sad to me! God bless thanks for being there for us!

MOP

AquaV
12-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Only sad because the funny randomness of the dinosaurs... and other kinda odd things like that. Though it made us all laugh, so it was worth it. Honestly, so many people that are working with us really go out of their way to make it a better experience for us. They understand we are all away from our families. For Thanksgiving, I was at this place and they specially made a Thanksgiving feast for a whole bunch of us. Now the cook had never had to make anything remotely like it, but they even managed to actually get us turkey meat. There are many amazing people over here, i would say the majority. Too bad that small percentag is the one that makes the news for their attacks against us.

-A

Fish boy
12-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey Girl, glad you are safe and had some holiday cheer. I think the dinosaurs rock! Come back soon.

fish

Team Jefe
12-28-2004, 10:10 AM
WOW, looks like the kitchen staff outdid themselves with the cakes...very cool, plus dinasours are big for Christmas the last few years.

Pizza for Christams dinner.......I would expect nothing less from miss AV.

Of course there is a Texas Flag flying....I mean they fly everywhere right next to the Stars & Stripes...everybody knows this :beer: