PDA

View Full Version : Santa came a day early. Bilt-Rite

Lenny
12-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Bilt-Rite did a GREAT :yes: job on my seats. Can't wait to put 'em in.

Only problem is Customs decided to "keep" one bucket for further scrutiny :rolleyes:

I should have it by the end of next week :)

Bob, thanx, you did a great job.

Sam
12-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Very nice !!!!!!!!!!!

gcarter
12-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Lenny, with NAFTA, why did customs need to further "scrutinize" the seat?

Lenny
12-24-2004, 11:49 PM
contraban George. Nafta still makes me convert the US$ price into Can$ price equivelant, then I pay a brokerage fee to UPS for "clearing it" and then 7% Provincial sales tax on the total in Can$ and 7% Goods and services tax on the Can $ total.

They are definately looking for something. Happens all the time. This time it is the Canadian Government that has the problem with it coming into the Country. Nafta only allows for the free travel of goods manufactured in the USA or Mexico or Canada to travel freely between borders WITHOUT any duty. All the rest of the problems still reside. :rolleyes:

thriller
12-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Sweet

They look like only 71 mph seats. Better put extra fastners on the rear bench if you want to keep it:yes:
:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Merry Christmas Lenny

Ed Donnelly
12-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Lenny; You got a deal with your GST..In Ontario it is 8%
& 7% PST=15%....Ain't Canadian taxes grand.....Ed
PS I wrapped it and put it under the tree for Christmas...Ed

MOP
12-25-2004, 07:37 AM
A timely delivery they look great, will be waiting for pics after install!

Merry Xmas!

BUIZILLA
12-25-2004, 08:49 AM
I sure hope they don't damage that one seat under their microscope.
JH

boldts
12-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Lenny,

The seats look Fantastic! Question though, let's say the boat is brought to a US Donzi gathering and just happens to return with a new interior? Do you still pay all the taxes and go through the scrutiny of customes?

Lenny
12-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Scotty, no. BUT, if they catch you lying, they own the boat, truck, trailer and your soul. It is not worth it. Brings to mind a certain ZX38 Datona that was "taken" away recently from a local in Vancouver. :( Lies at the border don't go over well.

Mr X
12-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Scotty, no. BUT, if they catch you lying, they own the boat, truck, trailer and your soul. It is not worth it. Brings to mind a certain ZX38 Datona that was "taken" away recently from a local in Vancouver. :( Lies at the border don't go over well.
OUCH! Nothing good ever comes from a lie.

ChromeGorilla
12-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Brings to mind a certain ZX38 Datona that was "taken" away recently from a local in Vancouver.

Oh my :eek!: do tell..... :confused:

boxy
12-25-2004, 01:23 PM
I sure hope they don't damage that one seat under their microscope.
JH
No microscope, just a bunch of real specialized X-ray machines. It should be fine, I just wouldn't spend a lot of time sitting in that seat for a little while .... :shocking: :shocking: :biggrin: :biggrin: