PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Minx

speedster77
12-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have not been here for a long time but in case anyone is interested, I have just listed my Minx at: http://secure.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=3356

along with a couple other WebPages. Ever since I have owned it has been kept dry staked indoors during the summer and stored alone indoors during the winter months in a hanger in SoNJ. I thought about selling the boat off and on now for a while, I listed it and than quickly took it off the market a while back. Last summer, I used the boat for a total of 2 hours. Clearly, it is time for the boat to find another good home.

Overall she is in excellent shape with somewhere between 25 and 28 hours on her super charged engine, she has a new rug and a lot of other fine attributes. I did not mention this anywhere else, but if some one buys the boat the inside storage for the winter is yours free and clear and If they are from the SoNJ vicinity and want it, I can probably Talk my marina just outside off Ocean City, NJ into transferring my inside storage rack spot to the new owner.

If anyone is interested give me a call or email me. I can be reached through minxdonzi@hotmail.com or via (609)410-4782. I will give you a square deal on a super clean Donzi.

gcarter
12-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Nice windshield. :biggrin:

speedster77
12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Nice windshield. :biggrin:

Thanks, a couple/ few months back in Hot Boat a sister boat was featured in the Readers Rides section, I think he said that that style of windshield was on only 12 boats, but that I have no way to confirm or deny that.

mattyboy
12-23-2004, 07:47 PM
asking price???

Trueser
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Price: $ 16,000

Year: 1986
Length: 20.7
Make: Donzi
Model: Minx

wAS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ADD

speedster77
12-24-2004, 07:33 AM
I will entertain offers, as I would like to move the boat to a new home. :rlol:

BUIZILLA
12-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Sure seems like a good value for the money. Good luck.

JH :wavey:

speedster77
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I am now asking $14,000.00 and I think it is a great deal for her!!!!!!! :eek!: :p :hyper:

boldts
12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Speed,

I'd love to buy your Minx, but just don't have the dollars or the credit to do it right now. I saw a Minx like yours back in 86 at a dealer and loved it! That color combo is beautiful in my eyes and a blower motor ought to get her moving pretty nicely. Good luck in your sale. Just wish I could be the new owner.....

Donzi Racer
12-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Nice Minx, Could You Give An Idea Of Hp Rating And The Performance Of The Blown Motor? Speed And Gas Consumption.thanks So Much, Tom

speedster77
12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks Boldts for the complement on my boat. To answer your question Donzi Racer, she is running about 7pounds of boost at open throttle, if I recall and the HP should be in the neighborhood of 500 to 525. As far as fuel consumption, it is not that bad at all, in all honesty I never get to misbehave with her (the girlfriend sort of HATES speed boating :confused: ) and I only ran the boat twice this summer for no more than a couple of hours, so it has been a while since I monitored MPG.

Regarding top speed, she is in my opinion just broken in with the new motor and I have not done much prop testing nor did I let her out during the break in period, During my second and final run of the season, I had her to 72 at around 48/ 900 r’s on my gps this summer and I’d bet there is more to go.

My favorite part of the boat is the intense sound of the motor once the blower starts to kick in, it is 100% wild! That said, if anyone wants to know more I can dig into my record folder for the engine build specs or I can put you in touch with my mechanic.

Without sounding like a salesman, the boat is very unique; she has all the new goodies to make her run like stink but she has never been abused! My neurotic girlfriend is to thank for that believe me, it is sad but true. :rolleyes:

CMC
01-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Do you have any pics of it on the trailer? What mods. did you do to the drive, or is it a stock Alpha. Thanks

speedster77
01-01-2005, 09:12 PM
CMC- I do not any digital pics on the trailer, I might have an older photo, if I find it I can scan it and send it to you, if need be. Regarding the drive, it was gone over at the time of rebuild and is in pristine condition. I had a drive shower installed at that time, other than that the drive is stock.

To date, I have never experienced any outdrive related issues, the above mentioned work was performed for the sole reason of having a fresh drive train and maximum reliability.

Being that you are from NJ, you should have a look at the boat if you have any interest. The winter storage facility I mentioned is located in Burlington, NJ and I have total access to the hanger so a viewing can be easily set up.

*** For the record, I have an additional brand new (never used, never rigged) series 2 drive that; I could sell with the boat or possibly on its own.

CMC
01-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Does the boat have bottom paint? It is hard to tell from the pictures.Also, how has the blue held up?

speedster77
01-02-2005, 09:45 AM
CMC- The paint, like everything else, is just about perfect for an original 1986 boat. There is still a lot of shine, which is further preserved through keeping the boat inside year round and having it detailed every summer. I seriously looked around for a long time to find a boat that was original, extremely clean and located in my general vicinity. Finally, I found one and it is currently in nearly impeccable condition.

As far as some bottom paint yes there is, I just tried to post a picture without any luck. Some body doing some work at my marina quoted a reasonable number to remove it, as there is hardly a full coat left but, I misplaced his business card so I have not been able to find the fellow.

Thankfully, the paint is only on the honey colored underside and does not go all the way forward, I did not put it on, I am not sure how old it is but I do know my asking price is reflective of the fact that it is present

minx4

speedster77
01-13-2005, 08:35 PM
The Boat has been sold. If any one is in the market for a brand new Alpha 2 drive that has never been used or mounted, let me know, I will be posting it for sale shortly.