PDA

View Full Version : Who's engine is this?

gcarter
12-22-2004, 03:44 PM
OK, here's the deal.... there's a certain SEADOG who's, let's say, upping his potential.
He sent me some pics of his "investment" to get my opinion. However he didn't say I couldn't post them.
I'll neither admit nor deny. But it should be interesting. :biggrin.:

McGary911
12-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmm.....that thing would probably turn an Arneson reeeeel good.... :D

Mr X
12-22-2004, 04:08 PM
CrackerJack"s for his 16!

MOP
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
LiL Duffer with a Huffer should be a SCREAM! Looks so Sweet!

Lenny
12-22-2004, 09:39 PM
I believe it is MP's :D

Lenny
12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Here we go :rolleyes:

What do we win?

:D

ChromeGorilla
12-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Cuda that Minx is gonna friggin fly!..... :eek!:

Dr. Dan
12-22-2004, 10:11 PM
:spongebob I vote for "Catch 22"....Hmmmm?

Doc :beer:

GEOO
12-23-2004, 10:50 AM
It's crazy...some of the idea's you guys come up with...
I can't imagine how? or why?.. :rolleyes:

Look's neat.. Can't wait to hear how she run's.

catch 22
12-23-2004, 07:20 PM
It's crazy...some of the idea's you guys come up with...
I can't imagine how? or why?.. :rolleyes:

Look's neat.. Can't wait to hear how she run's.
It's crazy alright. Geoo, Does Sarasota ring a bell. :yes:

Audiofn
12-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Who ever is building those things I would suggest using the Super Chillers. They are HUGE in lowering booste temps and also increasing boost WITH OUT spinning the blower faster. I have a fiend that has one and it is INSANE what a difference that it makes.

Jon

BigGrizzly
12-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Audiofin, Look to the left of rhe picture there is a black box that is an intercooler. The superchiller is not used on blow through super chargers. When it is used on blow through centriphical type and not a POSITIVE PRESSURE ROOTS type it messes up the air flow to the intake.

Mr X
12-26-2004, 08:34 AM
I know who's it is.........but I had an unfair advantage!!

Nice looking boat!!! :p

MR MAGOO
12-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Audiofin, Look to the left of rhe picture there is a black box that is an intercooler. The superchiller is not used on blow through super chargers. When it is used on blow through centriphical type and not a POSITIVE PRESSURE ROOTS type it messes up the air flow to the intake.

I'm sure what Audio was refering to was the R-Tech Supercooler. This is a low restriction, combination intercooler/carb box that eliminates all the twists and turns from the blower to the carb box. It's basically a straight shot from the compressor right into the intercooler. (every bend is nothing but pressure drop) I was heavily involved in the development of the Supercooler and the results were mind boggling. At wide open throttle,compressor discharge temps were 230+ degrees and intake temps were 80 degrees! Nice dense mixture. We made 785 hp from a bone stock 454 magnum (on pump gas) with this system on the Nickerson Performance dyno.

We did quite a bit of back to back testing this unit against the stock M1SC Pro Charger. When properly set up, the Pro Charger works pretty damn good, We installed it on a 1990 25' Baja. It went 61 mph with the stock 454. We then installed a fully set up M1SC and the boat ran 76.7 mph (gps) Pretty good right? Then with no other changes we installed the R-Tech Supercooler and ran 86.5 right out of the gate. Yup, a NINE MPH increase over the stock Procharger installation. This increase was gained from eliminating restriction (all the plumbing twists and turns) We found during testing that the stock Procharger M1 puts out 9.5 lbs of boost at the compressor and only 5.5 lbs in the intake. With the Supercooler installed we had 7.5 lbs of intake manifold boost. A solid 2 lb increase without spinning the blower faster, and that would mean more heat.

If you are serious about making big hp from a relatively mild configuration you owe it to yourself to take a good look at this system. Here's a few pics

olredalert
12-26-2004, 10:42 AM
-------Wonder weather that would fit under the hatch of a Corsican?????.........Bill S

Ed Donnelly
12-26-2004, 01:38 PM
MR. MAGOO; Is there any reason why you can't mount a carb on the inlet of a pro charger?? Like they do on twin turbo installations??? ...Ed

GEOO
12-26-2004, 08:45 PM
RTech's Intercooler is a neat set-up. You can gain or free up a lot of power by making the air path from the Blower to the Engine less restrictive. Prochargers M1 Blower usually comes with a 324IC intercooler. This intercooler has it's place for smaller hp applications. But, when large engines', higher boost's and high hp's are desired you need a less restrictive IC. I'm sure RTech's claims are true. But they are comparing The RTech to Prochargers 324IC. This engine has a M3 Blower with a 504IC. I dyno'd my small block last winter. My M3 Procharger with a 324IC made about 730 hp, an hour later I replaced the IC with Prochargers 504IC, with no other changes and pulled 870hp. I have the exact numbers on the dyno sheets somewhere..but the larger IC was making 4-5 lbs more boost.
In my case the 324IC had smaller tubing and more bends in the piping from the blower to the engine. RTechs system is direct, the Blower straight to the IC on top of the engine. Prochargers system's are all different some more direct then others. I'm sure the gain 's would be much less on a well planed Procharger system.

BabyDonzi
12-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Stats are in.......................

98 22 classic, 454 super charged, GPS 89 @ 5500 RPM
Right out of the box.

I need to find new friends to play with????????????????

catch 22
12-30-2004, 07:52 PM
What, Now were not friends. :wavey:

MOP
12-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Ah Ha you guys have Social Climbers in your net of the woods too! :biggrin: :biggrin:

GEOO
12-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Congratulations!!! Wow!! You're knocking on 90's door!!!
I'm sure you'll gain a few when you prop her out.

Good thing I didn't tell Mike what Santa got me.... :crossfing

You're going to need something special to hang off your trailer hitch now... :rolleyes:

You might need to forget the Offshore Life Line and go straight to the Parachute Jacket... :checkered

All kidding aside be safe... :chilipepp

gcarter
01-07-2005, 07:46 AM
So Jim Collins (Catch 22) called this morning and asked me to post these pictures. Now that he's pushing 90, no one wants to ride with him (including me). :eek!:
Let's see, how do I loose boating buddies....Oh yeah! I'll build a (much) faster boat than they have! :bonk:

Happy boating Jim, be safe!

GEOO
01-07-2005, 05:43 PM
So Jim Collins (Catch 22) called this morning and asked me to post these pictures. Now that he's pushing 90, no one wants to ride with him (including me). :eek!:
Let's see, how do I loose boating buddies....Oh yeah! I'll build a (much) faster boat than they have! :bonk:

Jim, Didn't Jeana go for a ride... and spend the day in the 22?

Did you offer them a Life Line??

fasttrucker
01-07-2005, 06:29 PM
When you put the....Mouse on the picture it says "JIM pic...." I know that catch 22,his first name is jim......Also when I was down in west palm beach over X-mass...I called Catch-22 up,since He was so kind to take me and my baby doll sister out for a ride a couple of years ago.Anyway he told me about his 22 going 89mph with a new pro-charger and that he was still trying new props.So I think Its CATCH-22. :yippie:

gcarter
01-08-2005, 05:21 AM

Hey guys, just so you know, Jim is my friend and I'm proud of him! If I were 20 years younger like he and GEOO are, I'd want to go as fast as anyone's boat would go.
I guess I've lost that desire. I sure wouldn't mind watching though.
Jim and Jina own an extremely sanitary boat and now it's one of the fastest 22's in existance. I know that he's very pleased. I know when I get the Minx finished, I'll be a bit envious when he passes me with a 25 MPH advantage. :yes:

BabyDonzi
01-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Jim, myself and our Donzi babes splashed in West Palm last sunday to do a little "winterizing". It was a little rough to open her up, but when he hit it, it sounded like the engine was going to jump out and start devouring everything in site! Pretty awsome!
We are both planning the trip to Mt. Dora this year, so everyone get in line!! :checkered