PDA

View Full Version : Google Spider?

ChromeGorilla
12-22-2004, 07:46 AM
OK on the main forums page under the "Whats going on" section there is a Currently Active Users section. If you click on that section it lists what all members and guests are viewing or doin at that time.

Members names are first and listed in blue as a link to their profile. Members are followed by guests which are listed in black text as the word "guest".

The only excption for the past few days is "Google Spider" is displayed in black along with the guest list. And it is always viewing a user profile.

I'm just curious as to what the hell it is. Inquiring minds want to know.

Patti
12-22-2004, 08:29 AM
I noticed the same thing. It was around a few months ago as well..but I have no clue as to what it is either.http://www.donzi.net/ubb/confused.gif

PS- I just read something about Google Spider. It looks like it's from Google..it "spiders" forums periodically and gets information so that when you do a Google search that information is available.

I got that from the Google website itself.

vgraham882
12-22-2004, 03:57 PM
It means that the Google indexing spider is visiting to index the site for inclusion in the google search engine. Example: if someone goes to google and types in "donzi girls" it may show the section page as a referance