PDA

View Full Version : Allan "Brownie" Brown where are you?

f_inscreenname
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
A fellow poster on iboats said I should get a hold you for some history. Check this out then we can talk I hope. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/f_inscreenname/album?.dir=cef0&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/f_inscreenname/my_photos

Thanks Mark

Mr X
12-21-2004, 04:48 PM
You can also get him at Stainless Marine in Miami......as a last resort........dont know that you should call him at work though.....

Lenny
12-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Looks like you have yourself a Nova Marine, Nova Super 19.

Yep, Brownie could shed some light on this subject since they were his boats :D

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5258

Cuda
12-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Cool boat, please tell me that's not bottom paint on it.

f_inscreenname
12-21-2004, 07:54 PM
It is a 1972 19’ John Allmand/Super Nova or that's what is on the title anyway. It has been a little hard to come up with any info on the boat until recently. I know of two of them (mine and another in St Louis). I saw a third on e-bay that someone converted to a outboard but I could never get a response from the new owner. Mine is a I/O 360ci/320hp Chrysler with a Volvo 270 outdrive. Barry’s (the St Louis owner) is the same boat but it has twin Ford 302’s with Volvo 270’s. He just started restoring his and mine I have been working on it for about four years. I bought it off of e-bay for $814.00 Nothing worked, the motor was locked, upholstery was rotten or missing, wiring was shot, spliced, burned, more holes in the hull from things being installed then taken off or lost, i.e.-three different hurricane tops were installed and all installed new snaps and left the old ones in place. Without ever seeing a picture I think I got it pretty close to original except for the motor. Hopefully sooner then later I will find a big block I can afford and a drive with trim (that fits the hole in the transom from the Volvo 270). I do not want to put a transom in it. All the wood in the boat is like the day it came from the factory. That is what sold me on it besides that it is a very cool boat.

As for “ please tell me that's not bottom paint on it”. I am afraid it is. I bought it with it already painted. The old Capt that owned before me lived on Long Island and used to leave it in the water for 8 months at a time.

Four years before I bought it he dry docked it at his marina and spent his time cruising his 45’Chris Craft. Just didn't have it in him anymore to redo it and was really sad to see it go. I later sent him a picture of my progress. He sent back a letter saying how pleased he was that I saved it before it was lost forever. I feel the same way. Mine is now part of my family. My son already has his eye on it (he is 3) and as well as it was built there is a good chance he my get it.

“What kind of performance numbers are you getting out of it” With the “right” right hand prop, me and about a gallon of gas (60 gal tank) about 67mph. With the 15 1/2 X 21 with some cupping, left hand prop, normal fuel, passenger and stuff about 59mph. I use a left hand prop because it drives like it has power steering. A right hand is faster but you have to use two hands on the wheel to turn it speed.

I don't need to call Brownie at work or anything. I have been on the hunt for info about this boat for years. Between Barry and I we have got John Allmand’s son (the new owner of Allmand boats) to open up a little bit about the boat but it has been like pulling teeth. There is more to the story or stories then that on what happened back then but they are keeping it hush, hush.

Hey Lenny; Where did you get that picture at? Any more??

Thanks

ALLAN BROWN
12-22-2004, 08:11 AM
You are correct in your assumptions. It will never go any faster with the 270 drive, no matter what you put for power. It looks like you have done a ton of work.

I have one of those brochures, and I will be glad to scan it for you and email it. Till the 3rd, I'll be on captblah@bellsouth.com

Best regards and M-M-M-Merry C-C-C-Christmas!

Porky

Lenny
12-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Where did you get that picture at? Any more??

Nope, no more. I get these pictures and interesting Memorbilia from the "archives" of Madpoodle :D

Every once in a while he gets "soft" and lets a few tidbits sneak out of the vault.

Another example of him being in the "Christmas Spirit" would be the few he "leaked" of the F-14.

:D

Wait for Brownies' offerings, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

f_inscreenname
12-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Sorry Brownie

I tried to send you a email but I kept getting this “This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. mailto:captblah@bellsouth.com

Here is mine, markmaureen1@msn.com If you send me a email I am sure I will be able to get back to you.

Thanks Mark

f_inscreenname
01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Brownie, did you come back??