PDA

View Full Version : Bennett tabs

tmdog
12-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Removed the trim tabs to be cleaned and shined. What compound or polish can I use to remove rust stains which are not pitted in the metal. They are in soory shape after 16 yrs. of wear. Would like them to shine to a mirror finish. Any help would be thankful.

MOP
12-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Removed the trim tabs to be cleaned and shined. What compound or polish can I use to remove rust stains which are not pitted in the metal. They are in soory shape after 16 yrs. of wear. Would like them to shine to a mirror finish. Any help would be thankful.

The rust makes go away pretty easy, if you have a bench grinder you need to remove the wheel guards so you can use it properly. Then buy a buffing wheel and rouge, you need a fairly coarse rouge for starters then the finer to get the high luster.

Phil

tmdog
12-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I have the bench grinder and the rouge. Do you dampen the rouge and put on the tab or on wheel?

MOP
12-20-2004, 01:29 PM
I have the bench grinder and the rouge. Do you dampen the rouge and put on the tab or on wheel?

Pretty sure all rouge works the same way, hold it against the running wheel it kind of melts and sticks to it. Then just start buffing, when it looks like it not working anymore put more roughe on.

Phil