PDA

View Full Version : Garage sensing device?

Greg
12-19-2004, 04:58 PM
A friend of mine is looking for an alternative to the tennis ball on a string method for telling you how far you are pulling into the garage. Auto-zone used to carry a mat for the floor and a box inside the car with green, yellow and red lights. Does anybody know what this is called and where to find one? Thanks in advance. Greg

boxy
12-19-2004, 07:49 PM
I've always found the best device was something expendable, like a kids bike or a stroller. You can hit a stroller for months before it finally gives up.

MOP
12-19-2004, 11:23 PM
What about one of the mats that stores have by the door ways that trigger another device like a light, buzzer or bell. I rigged one in a friends garage, to power it we tapped into the light circuit on the automatic door opener. The light that turns on when you activate the door and which turns off automatically after a few minutes. Nothing to fool with simple and fool proof and only operates when needed.
MP's one looks real good also and probably easier, just don't trust battery stuff.

Phil

Greg
12-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Thank you Scott

Last Tango
12-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Here you go...

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=215&cid=19

I prefer the simple yellow rubber mat stopper. No electrical hook up required. But these folks have several choices for you including what you asked specifically about.