PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang

boxy
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Is this North American wide, or just in Canada, the tag-line at the end reads Ford built for life in Canada.
Ya gotta love Steve McQueen.

http://www.ford.ca/english/showroom/FordCars/mustang/default.asp

Cuda
12-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Cool, I had a buddy that I couldn't tell you how many times he watched Bullit. :cool:

RedDog
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm not typically a Ford fan, but hot Mustangs are a weakness with me - never owned but...

I ran an afternoon paper route when I was 16 using my mother's car. However, one day my brother was gone with a friend in mom's car. To do my route, I had to drive his friend's car - a '69 or '70 Mach I. That was without a doubt the fastest I ever completed that route.

What fun!

Yeah - first time I saw Bullet was at the drive-in. It felt like you were in the car with him - was a really cool Charger in the chase too

boxy
12-17-2004, 07:11 PM
What's up MadDog ????

Cuda
12-17-2004, 07:21 PM
You want one too, eh Poodle? :D

Cuda
12-17-2004, 07:22 PM
In that film, it show four lights on the front, but I saw one today that didn't have the two inside lights. Is that an option?

boxy
12-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Not sure Cuda, I've only seen a couple of GT's up here, and they have all had 4 lights....

Cuda
12-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I think the 69 Mustang was the only year they made dual headlights. I'm partial to the 69 Mach I. :)

Cuda
12-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Maybe the one I saw was a non GT?

boxy
12-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Poodle did you have/sell/wreck a 68-69 mustang.... ???

Cuda
12-17-2004, 08:23 PM
I had several.

65 Squareback
66 Fastback
66 Squareback
68 Squareback
69 Mach I

My little brother had
76 Cobra
66 Convertible
65 Fastback

Little sis had a 69 Squarback

Here is sis.

boxy
12-17-2004, 08:37 PM
I am loving the 05 mustang, and as soon as we are out of car seats, or I can spring for a 3rd car, I'm in.
My first car was 79 coupe, 302 3 speed. It was a true sleeper, till you lit it up.

:checkered

BUIZILLA
12-17-2004, 08:51 PM
I have seen several in the last few days... really growing on me.... saw a white with blue stripe (GT I think) today, and on the way home at a light, up alongside comes a dark maroon w/red interior that was oh_so_sexy.

boxy
12-17-2004, 08:55 PM
How does the red interior look in person, it looks cool on the website.

BUIZILLA
12-17-2004, 09:16 PM
boxy, the red interior with the maroon outside ya just gotta see, both hue's are just plain right. Neither one washes out the other, it's just right. :smile:

boxy
12-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Cool, I'll try to track one down this weekend...
The nice thing about living in a freezer for 6 months of the year is that all the cool cars are sitting inside the dealership, all toasty warm... :D

roadtrip se
12-18-2004, 10:39 PM
and had a chance to crawl all over it.

The car looks even better with the drop top, very nicely done.

I do like the cloth top on my Cobra better than the vinyl on the GT I saw today, but you really can't find much to pick on this car about.

One of these babies would look great tooling around Miami.

Todd

Lenny
12-18-2004, 11:48 PM
We have a dozen or so here running around on the Lower Island now. The Charcoal Grey looks nice, I think, but the wheels do it all for the car. It is just plain lame or great depending on body trim. It DEFINATELY will look GREAT :yes: once someone like Jack Roushe or SALEEN get a hold of it.

I don't know the "version" but some look great !!! and some so so.

We need the big blue stripe, quarter window louvers, 17-18" tires (tall ;) ) a GT350 decal down the lower door and stripe and shaker hood scoop. Louvers down the back window (aka)68- ish on Mach1 and BOSS would be cool too.

What are the "ponies" available for this thing DRESSED ?

No, I am not buying one. If I could I would already have a 502 '22. :rolleyes:

BUIZILLA
12-19-2004, 07:24 AM
ok, ok, ok..... the bug is getting me... did some studying yesterday.... why the hell did Ford use those cool Shelby retro rims in 16" for the V6, instead of an inch wider in a 17" for the GT ?? the 16" rims look a ton better stylewise, than the std 17" rims on the GT do, at least I think so, which makes it look more retro IMO... The red interior is shown on the Ford website, and I have seen one in person, but not in the option column on an order sheet?? A guy down the road just got a V6 yellow one, and that color is just wrong for these body lines... I saw a pic of a black/red interior one that blew me away, and also a silver/red interior GT pic. But WTF, where is the red interior on the option sheet??? Best combo now I have seen personally, is white/black guts GT, stick, with blue hood stripes and colored dash gauges. The maroon and red guts is a close second though. I think a black/red gut, stick, conv GT, would be the ultimate though.

JH

Where's the Cobra info and pic's?? 425hp ????? :shocking: cool :)

boxy
12-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Jim, the red interior is available on the "build your own" function of the website, but only with certain exterior colors. I'm just not sure which ones.
I agree with the wheel option, the standard 16" wheels with the spinners look a lot better than the upgraded GT wheels, the 5 spoke standard GT wheels even look better than the upgraded wheels.
What would this car cost in Florida ??

http://www.campbellford.com/pages/present/foc/inventory2.5/vehicledetailsnew.asp?orgid=6438&vin=1ZVFT82H555131175

boxy
12-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Poodle, this one has your name all over it ............ :D
What wheels are these ??

roadtrip se
12-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Boxy, that car is identical to the one we got to look at yesterday. The rims are the stock "Bullit-style", I like them better. The optional rims look like they belong on an SUV.

Jim, the interior accent package is known as the "68R Interior Color Accent Package". It is confusing on the order guide.
I think the Edmunds or Forddirect sites do a better job of laying it out. I would go silver with black top, red accents, and the interior upgrade package to get the fancy trim. I'm kind of partial to the tuxedo look. The Edmunds site has a great shot of the silver with the bullit rims.

As for the stripes, it's do your own, but the slickest job I have seen is with the retro windveil blue and the shelby-style stripes. See below.

Lenny, rumor is that the Mach 1 will be shown at the Detroit Auto Show with the convertible. Stock GT is 300hp. Mach is supposed to be 15-20 more with the shaker and some cool retro colors specific to the SE edition. Ford doesn't own the "Boss" name anymore, so you won't be seeing that on a stang.

I'll be waiting on the Cobra. Everything points to 5.4 with blower at 475 to 500hp and sub-4.0 0-60. Supposed to look a lot more like the concept car. I've seen a few test mules around town and they sound wicked! The engine bay is enormous in these cars and all of the mules have riveted on hood extensions for clearance. The begging has already started as I try to justify getting rid of the 03 that doesn't get driven much.

MP, I'm honored by the ignore status. Of course, I have all of your emails...

Todd

olredalert
12-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Jim,

-----You are so right about the wheels. The 16 looks very "Halibrandish" and would look cool on the GT, but is only on the V6, which is basicly aimed at young women. The V6 does have a bit more horsepower than before but I dont see anyone posting in this thread that cares.
-----By the way thanks again for the Chevelle numbers input.............Bill S

BUIZILLA
12-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, went to a Ford store this afternoon... they had a light blue one like in RT's pic on the lot, with light grey upgraded leather... I'm standing there thinking *dammm, this would look oh_so_cool with white panel center stripes and retro 17" Halibrand style wheels (the new ones with the charcoal centers, street rod style), and viola RT lay's the smack picture on us. :cool: I told my oldest daughter today if she traded off the A4 Audi I bought her new in 2001, I would help her with a new GT this week..... she said nope... she wants something with 4 doors.... she's lost it. :nuke: :splat:

JH

DONZI
12-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Dear Santa,
I have been very good this yr.. :splat:
2005 Mustang
Black exterior w/Red interior.
Jack Roush Cammer engine.
Cragar rims.(new style)
I'll leave xtra cookies for you this yr.!
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/black.htm

BUIZILLA
12-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Cool your jets MP, they don't have an option for the military style hitch you are so fond of.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :umbrella:

JH *digging in deep and preparing for incoming..*

boxy
12-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey Poodle......ignore this.... :d

boxy
12-19-2004, 08:37 PM
and this ...........

Team Jefe
12-20-2004, 09:25 AM
I think the 69 Mustang was the only year they made dual headlights. I'm partial to the 69 Mach I. :)

:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
OK Joe is that you looking like Ted Nugent?

Oh Yeah, I too NEED one of these new Mustangs.....Anybody in the market for a 97 Z28 with way too much motor and way too high a price tag? :confused: OK Just checking, So like Poodle...I need to ignore this whole thread. :banghead:

roadtrip se
12-20-2004, 10:04 PM
but please stay away from the tatoo parlors!

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/20/A01-37497.htm

There is hope for us all submerged in a sea of Camrys and Accords!

Todd

Woodsy
12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
But the question remains...... have ya driven one?

I drove the second GT to land up here in the frozen tundra that is Lake Winni this time of year... Black GT 5spd...

turn the traction control off, and in the immortal words of Bill Cosby.... Oh WOW! I started the car... and it was killing people.... you will need to buy stock in your fave tire company!

Kudos to Ford on this one! I have owned just about every model of mustang at one time or another, and I cannot wait for the Cobra! Saleen & Roush already have 450-500hp models on thier websites, not to mention a few other specialty shops. The new Stang was very well recieved by the SEMA folks... there were no less than 15 different modified mustangs on display.

Woodsy Von Outboard

And best of all.... I already got preapproval from the finance committee (Princess)!!

roadtrip se
01-10-2005, 09:19 PM
The Cobra is going to be unveiled at the New York show 3/25-4/2.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7904

Yes! And just in time for my birthday!

Todd

Rootsy
01-10-2005, 11:03 PM
i've seen a cobra and a convertible stuck in a group of 6 mustangs a few times on I-94 doing their "real life" testing... i've been seeing these things now for about 5 months at least weekly... i'll have to toss the camera in the truck and see if i can snap some spy photos for you kids :idea:

CrackerJack
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Brandon and I drove a 2005 GT, black with red interior, 5 speed and they paid me $50.00 to test drive it. The exhaust sound was great.

All I need now is another $25,000, really nice car, one of the best I have driven in awhile.

Blewbyu
01-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I had an all black 68 GT convert with ALL the bells and whistles. Next door neighbor bought a lt met green convert w/white top the same day.
Mine looked much HOTTER (SS wheels)
His had HUBCAPS (disgusting)
He still has his, 3900 miles on it now.
I sold mine in 70 (:banghead: AAAAAARGH!!!! I know the pain) with 102,000 miles (daily 120 mile commute for 14 months-Pueblo Crisis) on it.Oil was clean and didn't burn or use ANY.
Can enneybuddy gimme an AWSH-T!

Lenny
01-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Your neighbour, North or South side of your house Jeff ? ;) :D

Lenny
02-05-2005, 01:07 AM
One last kick at the Poodle. I bought a few Aronow ads from Ebay and got full mags instead. :) Anyways, this one from Sports Illustrated in '69. I didn't want to cut it out of the book so I apologize for the scan.

roadtrip se
02-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Sweet!

I was driving at sunset last night and ran up behind a Mustang GT in my high speed Taurass, which is a whole other story. I'm still out to lunch on the new styling, but the back end of that dark red car at sunset was just drop dead, classic gorgeous!

MP, do you know where your local ford dealer is? I hear they're taking orders for top down versions now...

Todd
"Owner of one of those obsolete 2003 SVT Cobra Convertibles"

Lenny
02-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Poodle, there is a GT350 (white/blue stripe) , black 65 with disc rear end going in and an orange BOSS 302 in a shop about 5 houses from me. I will go snap some pics for you when I go back to finish his shop sink vanity and kitchen. :D

http://www.50sfordguy.com/

Greg K
02-06-2005, 11:02 AM
There is no substitute....

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/67-68/67/GT500E-2.jpg

Greg K
02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
And Another...

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/67-68/67/GT500ESuperSnake-4.jpg

DONZI
03-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Shelby Cobra 500 G.T. returns !

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023097&s=NewYork2005&src=minishow

Donzigo
03-29-2005, 07:32 AM
.............Been waiting for someone on this thread to put out a little mini-movie of the Steve MQueen race sequence. It's always been one of my favorite car chase scenes...........not to forget the Gene hackman thing in The French Connection...........two movies ready for re-makes.

boldts
03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Driven home from work yesterday, came up on a new 05 medium blue with white double stripes going from the trunk over the top and down the hood. Had the rally wheels and the Mustang wording down the stripe along the door bottoms. Man did that car look great. That is until I got up behind it and saw 1 big muffler and single exhaust. How the HELL could anyone buy a car done up like that with single exhaust out the back? Wouldn't surprise me if it had a V-6 under the hood. If ever there was a car that deserved a big V-8 and pipes out the back to let it rumble, this car was it!

Oh well, it did what I'm sure the owner was most after. It caught my eye and probably everyone else who saw it on the road.