PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1 ?

Sam
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't hear about Bravo one props being used that often with Donzi's. Does anyone have any experience with them. I'm running a Hydromotive quad series and was wondering how the Bravo 1 would compare.

Sam

Ranman
12-15-2004, 09:27 PM
The way I've heard them described on a classic hull is "scary". Not the prop you want on these boats. I think MP, Grizz and Tomahawk can elaborate. Stick with the QIV.

roadtrip se
12-15-2004, 10:49 PM
When I tested with a couple of Bravo One props, they generated way too much stern lift plowing the nose.

My understanding is that they are designed for stepped boats with high x-dims which need the stern lift to get out of the water.

Of course, this doesn't explain why the hydros do so well on classics, but the hydro blade design is more cleaver-like which I think has something to do with it.

Stick with a good thing.

Happy holidays to you and yours,

Todd

Mr X
12-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Scary is noticing out of the corner of your eye Ted grabbing anything solid he can, and before your brain can process that lil bit o information the boat leaps out of the water, lays down on one side, then flops to the other side and back several times before you can get out of the throttle.. Some of the most violent chine walking either of us has ever esperianced.. Of course, we had to try it again.... :) :) :)

Then, there was the Hustler 388 that liked to chine walk @ 104 :eek: :eek:

After thousands spent in therapy.........and after a couple of years, I had almost forgotten about that traumatic voyage...... :shocking:

Sam
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I've done that nasty water dance my self and I'm glad I lived to tell about it.

Sam

Walt. H.
12-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Chine walking is just one way the Speed Gods get and keep your attention, and if your not chine walking alittle your not going fast enough! :jestera: :rlol: :jestera:

Seasons Greetings,
Walt :checkered

Rootsy
12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
extreme chinewalking isn't something i care to experience anymore in the 16... :outtahere

J - gotta love the SS :)