PDA

View Full Version : Check this critter out

Cuda
12-15-2004, 12:36 PM
He was in my lot across the street. It's only the second one I've ever seen. It's called a Cooperhawk. I've seen tons more Bald Eagles than I have Cooperhawks. He's a beautiful bird. I couldn't believe he let me get this close for the picture.

Cuda the hunter turned bird watcher.

ChromeGorilla
12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I wouln't mess with that sumbitch! He looks like he can handle his business! Cool pictures Joe. He was sizing you up out of the corner of his eye, thinkin "Just a little closer nature boy and it's on!" :biggrin.:

boxy
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
I couldn't believe he let me get this close for the picture.
Joe, the reason he let you get that close is that he's seen you hunt copperheads.

MOP
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Great shots he looks fairly big and real pretty, must live close by they are pretty Territorial. We have some decent sized hawks and a few real big owls out this way, I enjoy going out to one farm that just about dark an owl with a 5-6 foot wing span comes out to hunt. We are avid bird watchers and feeders, we go through about 75-100lbs of various different seeds a month and about 40lbs of peanuts to keep the DAMN squirrels out of the feeders.

Phil

Team Jefe
12-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Damn Cuda, you prvide a little Nature Education to this bunch of malcontents and ridicule is what you get in return.

Boy, what's teh world coming too...but then what else do you expect from a Canuck and Misplaced Yankee :p

Cuda
12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I wouln't mess with that sumbitch! He looks like he can handle his business! Cool pictures Joe. He was sizing you up out of the corner of his eye, thinkin "Just a little closer nature boy and it's on!" :biggrin.:

That's exactly what I was telling Debbie as I got closer to him. He's ready to pounce on me. He never did fly off, I just decided I was close enough. I've seen their talons before. :eek:

boxy
12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
:stan:
The cold weather makes me cranky, it sure is a beautiful hawk though .... :D

ChromeGorilla
12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I can hear Cuda's Steve Irwin "Croc Hunter" voice as he moved in for the pic..... "Easy now Deb. Awww she's a bueat eh. Just one more step..." lol

ChromeGorilla
12-15-2004, 04:24 PM
He Jefe......only two types of wildlife over there in Texas..... and I don't see no horns comin out your head if ya know what I mean.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cuda
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
No, not me. Debbie's dad is the Croc hunter around here. He makes Erwin look like a pu$$Y. :fire:

Team Jefe
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
He Jefe......only two types of wildlife over there in Texas..... and I don't see no horns comin out your head if ya know what I mean.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Actually, there are hrons coming out of my head...just not the longhorn type from those wierdos in Austin.

As for the other thing. You can stop pretending Big Fella, everyone already knows about us and our "Special Relationship" our early morning run in 'Sota DID NOT go un-noticed.:bighug:

Come on do you really think people bought that YOU have a wife that hot....seriously Scott you should have picked a little more homely gal to be your "Wife". :wavey:

boxy
12-16-2004, 01:37 PM
CG my friend, you are in WAY over your head.

As my Grandpa used to tell me, don't play with the bull, you'll get the horns......

BUIZILLA
12-16-2004, 01:47 PM
That's the second time this week i've heard about the crazy's in Austin... mibbe's I's need's to investigate this situation.. :garfield:

Rootsy
12-16-2004, 02:54 PM
and about 40lbs of peanuts to keep the DAMN squirrels out of the feeders.

Phil

feeding the squirrels? you'll never get rid of those rodents... i have a better solution which is much more effective.... although... your neighbors may not approve over yonder in kerryland... :uzi: squirrel does taste like chicken.. just a bit more chewy.. rather good in stew :idea:

J - smoke em if ya got em...

Cuda
12-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Debbie makes some killer smother fried squirrel. :)

Fish boy
12-16-2004, 10:07 PM
lemme tell ya, they taste much better than bald eagle! LOL :D

MXRoadster
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Mmmm tasty....