PDA

View Full Version : Camcorder

TBroccoli
12-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Has anyone purchased the new Sony Mini DVD camcorder? Is it worth it or should I go with the MiniDV tape?

Surfer
12-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I bought my son the mini DV tape, and has worked great, there is editing softwear available for about $99. It would be conveniant to have the DVD, but I opted for the cheaper way out.

RedDog
12-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I have the miniDV. To transfer video to my pc I have to use a Firewire cable. That works OK but is a bit of a pain to only capture the segments I want. I assume with miniDVD you could put the disk in your computer. Also with the DVD you would likely have fast scene selection capability. I'd like to try a miniDVD out and see how it works.

When I bought my JVC DVM50 miniDV 4 years back it wasn't the cheap way out :rolleyes: It has been reliable except for the unfortunate snow sking accident - for me, it's tough to ski and film at the same time :banghead:

Rootsy
12-15-2004, 02:37 PM
I have a Sony digital 8 tape. i also use firewire to transfer to the laptop. I use Pinacle studio to capture, cut, and do whatever to the video... wish i could do sound and video seperate with it but i can't... i do believe you can add music or such to it... you can also capture in full digital video for transfer to a DVD if desired.. i just don't have a DVD burner... oh well

you don't necessarily need a software like that.. you can download and put right into windows movie maker... just don't get some of the effects or bandwidth options...