PDA

View Full Version : Peterson!!!!! Ok Ok I type fast!

MOP
12-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Scot Peterson recommended to get death sentence!

Fish boy
12-13-2004, 06:32 PM
darn... I was hoping for a recommendation of incredibly slow extremely excruciating death, but he is getting what he deserves. I hope justice will be swift, appeals will be minimal, and motion for new trial is denied.

Walt. H.
12-14-2004, 12:52 AM
No chance of that Fish,
But it will be slow,

Taken from part of the news head line:

If the judge agrees with the verdict, Peterson will be sent to death row at San Quentin State Prison outside San Francisco, the infamous lockup that overlooks the same bay where Laci Peterson's body was discarded.

But Peterson still might not be executed for decades - if ever - and it can take years for even the first phase of the appeals process to begin. Since California brought back capital punishment in 1978, only 10 executions have been carried out; the last execution, in 2002, was for a murder committed in 1980. The state's clogged death row houses 641 people

"they should say 641 inmates" not people!

Walt

Lenny
12-14-2004, 01:04 AM
...I just wish Pearson had seen the original "post" MOP. And throw in a few gas tank/neoprene block/foam comments and we would have been good to go until the ice melts in yur Lakes. :D

oh well, I am sure someone else will supply a venue to vent :D

:bonk:

roadtrip se
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Well fortunately I get my news from more reliable news sources than the donzinet, but I did see that Scott Pearson was going to get the chair and I wondered what he did to deserve it!

Fanning the flames,

Todd

Fish boy
12-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Well fortunately I get my news from more reliable news sources than the donzinet, but I did see that Scott Pearson was going to get the chair and I wondered what he did to deserve it!

Fanning the flames,

Todd

Wish the chair was an option, but your reliable news source left out that the chair is not an option in california- lethal injucton and I beleive gas are the only choices since the other means of execution are too inhumane for their capital crime residents. cry me a river...

walt, you are right about the speed of executions and the rediculous amount of appeals that take place in california. Please don't get me wrong, I think the appeals are VERY important, ESPECIALLY IN DEATH CASES, but gather all your appeal eggs and give them to the judge in one big appeal, don't use them one at a time in an effort to further clog the system and delay the administration of justice.