PDA

View Full Version : Fresh waer pump

paperman
12-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I have a 275 LXC and I believe I have wasted my fresh water pump. Lots of water in the tank, no pressure, just noise.
First, were should I look for the pump, behind the :beer: frig. ?
Second, what would be a good replacement for thr current pump.
Third:Coming from a old guy: Merry Christmas to all , and please play it as safe as you can, but have fun !!

doug hess
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
The fresh water pump on my 88 Ragazza is under the cabin step which has to be removed to access it. Finding and removing the screws hidden in the carpet is tricky. If you have a similar set up send me an email and I can offer some tips on the process.

Doug Hess
tec3@optonline.net

paperman
12-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks,
I'll take a look. The boat is out for the winter, but I will be at the marina on friday to check it out. Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year !!
Paperman
:wavey: (Roger)

mneal
12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
You can geta rebiuld kit for most common brands. at west marine and others and the pumps are easy to rebiuld. It is a diaphram inside and a couple rubber flapper one way valves.

McGary911
12-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I don't know about your boat, but on my big boat, the pump was right next to the fresh water tank. Check to make sure your pump is getting power before getting a new one....

I replaced mine a few years back with this one:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=90091&catalogId=10001&classNum=234&subdeptNum=232&storeNum=11

Haven't had a problem since...

Good luck...

doug hess
12-26-2004, 09:50 AM
If the pump motor has power and does not run, first check the small micro switch used for high pressure limit. Pumps made by ITT Par, Shur Flow, etc have them. By pass the switch putting 12 volts directly to the wires coming out of the motor housing.
AllElectronics sells the switches. The faucet switches are also easily replacable