PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from today

Cuda
12-11-2004, 05:57 PM
We ended up making it to the Toys for Tots run today.

Cuda
12-11-2004, 05:59 PM
The only other Seadogs there were Chrome Gorrilla, and Tidbart.

Cuda
12-11-2004, 06:02 PM
There were quite a few Scream and Fly boys there. I imagine they did a lot of screaming and flying in that stiff chop pushed up by those 20 to 30 knot winds.

Cuda
12-11-2004, 06:05 PM
The best count I got was 63 boats. Every thing from a 38 Fountain, to pontoon boats, to fish boats.

Sagbay32
12-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Cuda,
Thanks for the pics. The Formula is looking good!

Mike

Cuda
12-11-2004, 06:10 PM
We were one of the first one's there. We made a few warm up runs, and everything was fine. Then when it was time to start the run, the port motor kept backfiring and dying when I tried to get it on a plane. It would idle fine, and rev up fine when not in gear. For the second trip in a row, at least I was fortunate enought to have my troubles right in front of the boat ramp. The guy in the 38 Fountain was just launching when we were tying up to get the boat back on the trailer. I had met him just two weeks ago on a job site. I told him my troubles, and he said the guy riding with him is an ace marine mechanic, and that I should let him listen to it. I told the mechanic what the symptoms were. He said, "You have a Holley don't you?". I said yes. He said "Power valve". He didn't even have me fire it up. I'll fix it this week and see. Now that I think about it, he's probably right.

Cuda
12-11-2004, 06:11 PM
I made an album with the rest of the pics we took today.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2134241847

Cuda
12-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I imagine Bob had a fun ride back across the lake. Ranya, you probably made the right decision not to go with him today. :)

gold-n-rod
12-11-2004, 08:59 PM
We ended up making it to the Toys for Tots run today.

Cuda, is that your Formula? What a beeeee-u-tiful boat!!

:cool:

Tidbart
12-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Cuda,
Good to see you and Debbie yesterday.
The ride back wasn't as bad as the St John's was a few weeks back. I just pointed it into the wind and put the hammer down. Rode like a dream on the tops. Stayed into the wind until I got across the lake and it calmed down. Lake Harris was bit rougher, no choice but to go cross wind, had to keep it around 40. Every time I take that 18 into the rough stuff, I get constantly reminded of what a great boat Donzi has created.

Bob

Cuda
12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Bob, we watched you take off and Deb and I both commented on how it didn't look like you were taking a beating, and that was a pretty stiff chop you were running in.